Weird errors, increasing frequency...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm getting more and more Z-Wave errors and it's happening more frequently. it started once every few weeks, and now it's up to twice a week.

The symptom is that I start getting "Unknown" status on some of my Z-Wave devices. When I go to the log, it's unable to contact them or send any commands to them.

Rescanning usually shows success, but it doesn't fix anything, and everything else fails, including test connectivity.

Rebooting doesn't fix it. Turning the Z-Wave plug in on/off doesn't fix it. Heath check overnight doesn't fix it (and actually seems to make things worse). Rebooting the Z-Troller doesn't fix it.

So far doing a 1-hour full rescan, and then full optimize of the network has worked.

But nothing is changing in my network, and I've never had these problems before (until HS3). And this increasing frequency is worrisome.

Any advice on how to fix/improve? I'm running HS3PRO .68, auto-updated (no beta or anything).

Thanks in advance for any help!

Here's a snippet of the log when these errors start occurring:

Code:
    Apr-30 6:44:48 PM	  	 Z-Wave Error	 Failed sending Z-Wave command to device: 2nd Floor Master Bath Shower Light
    Apr-30 6:44:48 PM	  	 Z-Wave Error	 Failed sending Z-Wave command to device: 2nd Floor Master Bath Master Bath Sinks
    Apr-30 6:44:48 PM	  	 Z-Wave Error	 Failed sending Z-Wave command to device: 2nd Floor Master Bath Bath Lights

Comment

I'm running the Z-wave plug in version 3.0.0.136, and still get errors, but the devices appear to work !

May-01 05:24:36 Z-Wave Error Failed sending Z-Wave command to device: First floor Bedroom 1 Bedlamp Tim
      May-01 05:24:35 Device Control Device: First floor Bedroom 1 Bedlamp Tim to Off (0)
      May-01 05:24:35 Event Event Trigger "X10 X10 L1 TimBed OFF"
      May-01 05:24:34 Z-Wave Error Failed sending Z-Wave command to device: First floor Bedroom 1 Bedlamp Tim
      May-01 05:24:33 Device Control Device: First floor Bedroom 1 Bedlamp Tim to Off (0)
      May-01 05:24:33 Event Event Trigger "X10 X10 L1 TimBed OFF"
      May-01 05:24:33 Z-Wave Error Failed sending Z-Wave command to device: First floor Bedroom 1 Bedlamp Tim
      May-01 05:24:32 Device Control Device: First floor Bedroom 1 Bedlamp Tim to Off (0)
      May-01 05:24:32 Event Event Trigger "X10 X10 L1 TimBed OFF"
      May-01 05:24:20 Z-Wave Error Failed sending Z-Wave command to device: First floor Bedroom 1 Bedlamp Tim
      May-01 05:24:19 Device Control Device: First floor Bedroom 1 Bedlamp Tim to Off (0)
      May-01 05:24:19 Event Event Trigger "X10 X10 L1 TimBed OFF"
      Win 11 Pro | HS4 Pro | Z wave plug in with UZB1 | BLUSBUIRT 2.0.11.0 | RFXtrx433 | Blue Iris CCTV | VU+ 4k with motorised dish | Emby | Hi-Phone HS2 | ESP32 with WLED |

Comment

Just updated to this version and seeing this same issue now. Did not have this issue in previous version.

Comment

Working...
        X