No announcement yet.

Find my iPhone plugin for HS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have not played with family sharing but in the next version you can use multiple accounts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Comment

I tried installing on Windows 8.1 pro, copied the files to the root HS3 folder and ran the exe but it keeps crashing.

Comment

Originally posted by kideon View Post
        I tried installing on Windows 8.1 pro, copied the files to the root HS3 folder and ran the exe but it keeps crashing.
        Please post the log file if possible.

Jason

Comment

New Version Released - see top post for download

1.0.0.5-
          Support for multiple accounts - you will need to add your username / password again to the xml file as the format has changed to support multiple accounts
          Support for update rate per account

Comment

Version 1.0.0.5 works okay. Find my device service now says connected.Except for geocoding it's looks very good.

I was wondering, If I use the geocoding API I use points in my long-lat coordinates. My device use a comma. Could it be that because in Europe we use a comma and my Homeseer uses commas the reverse geocoding fails?

Comment

I love this plug-in...but: The map device does not work for HS Touch.

Is there anyway to save it as an image in the /html directory with the same name as the iDevice? And if so could you also allow the user to select the image size?

Comment

Originally posted by jbbtex View Post

Is there anyway to save it as an image in the /html directory with the same name as the iDevice? And if so could you also allow the user to select the image size?
                Good idea. Didn't realize that it wouldn't work from HSTouch. I will look into moving the images into /html directory along with a sizing option.

Should be available in the next version.

Jason

Comment

Originally posted by jbbtex View Post

Use the latest version and set the following in the xml configuration file:

<DownloadGoogleMaps>true</DownloadGoogleMaps>

This will place the maps in the html directory. I will add sizing options in the next release.

Comment

Thanks.

Brady

Comment

Ok, I must be blind or dense
                      Where is the API Key at?
                      I went to the link in the first post, signed in, enabled the Api's according to the image above, but I see no "key" anywhere.
                      I looked all over my account settings and profile settings.

Thanks,
                      Tim
                      FB Page - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Capt-Tim/209398425902188

HSTouch Layouts - https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...5902188&type=3

Comment

Originally posted by fungun View Post
                        Ok, I must be blind or dense
                        Where is the API Key at?
                        I went to the link in the first post, signed in, enabled the Api's according to the image above, but I see no "key" anywhere.
                        I looked all over my account settings and profile settings.

Thanks,
                        Tim
                        Where I found mine is in the Google Developers Console under my project. Then, APIs & Auth --> Credentials.

Comment

Great plugin!

Two things I've noticed: It does seem to be having an impact on battery life (quite a significant impact on my iPhone 5S). I've yet to do a proper test of this, though; I'm not 100% convinced the iOS 8.0.2 update isn't at least partially to blame.

I'd like to understand the mechanism behind the polling. Does setting 60000 in the xml config file tell Apple to get the location of your phone every 60 seconds? And does Apple then run a service on your phone which updates iCloud/find my iPhone every 60 seconds? If that is what's happening and it's not letting the phone sleep when it's e.g. sitting on a desk/bedside table that might explain the battery life? Perhaps there's a way to only update when the phone's awake anyway?

The other thing is I've not entered a Google API key and I still seem to have maps, reverse Geocodes etc. Have I got a key I don't know about, or do I just not need it?

Cheers,

Jon.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon798 View Post
                            Great plugin!

Two things I've noticed: It does seem to be having an impact on battery life (quite a significant impact on my iPhone 5S). I've yet to do a proper test of this, though; I'm not 100% convinced the iOS 8.0.2 update isn't at least partially to blame.

I'd like to understand the mechanism behind the polling. Does setting 60000 in the xml config file tell Apple to get the location of your phone every 60 seconds? And does Apple then run a service on your phone which updates iCloud/find my iPhone every 60 seconds? If that is what's happening and it's not letting the phone sleep when it's e.g. sitting on a desk/bedside table that might explain the battery life? Perhaps there's a way to only update when the phone's awake anyway?

The other thing is I've not entered a Google API key and I still seem to have maps, reverse Geocodes etc. Have I got a key I don't know about, or do I just not need it?

Cheers,

Jon.

The new version will give you maps / reverse geocode for a while but soon Google will stop responding with maps / etc. without a API.

I don't know how often Apple gets the phone location. I have been unable to determine from the API any control or if the query intervals has any effect.

I also upgraded to IOS8 at the same time so I don't know if this is having any impact on battery performance or not.

Jason

Comment

Originally posted by jrhubott View Post
                              The new version will give you maps / reverse geocode for a while but soon Google will stop responding with maps / etc. without a API.

I don't know how often Apple gets the phone location. I have been unable to determine from the API any control or if the query intervals has any effect.

I also upgraded to IOS8 at the same time so I don't know if this is having any impact on battery performance or not.

Jason
                              From what I've been reading, Apple only determines the phone location when you ask it to. So, the more you query the more battery you use. It makes sense because they have no other reason to determine location at other times and they are constantly trying to conserve battery life.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Comment

I've done a test across 2 days for battery life impact. Starting from fully charged at 5:30am.

Day 1, with RSFindMyDevice active, down to 83% battery life by the time I got to work at 7:30am.

Day 2, with RSFindMyDevice not active, down to 97% battery life by the time I got to work at 7:30am.

No calls, no real difference in usage between the 2 days, so I have to assume it is the increased 'where are you?' traffic between the phone and Apple that causes the increased battery drain. This is for an iPhone 5S running iOS 8.0.2 and the plugin query frequency set to 60000.

For me I want to use the plugin to let my girlfriend know I've got to work/left work and to do things like arm the burglar alarm if we both leave the house, etc. Things that need quite frequent polling. But the battery drain makes it not quite useable for me. This does assume there's no other issue involved - I have been noticing some issues with the phone changing between cellular and wifi data where I've had to turn the wifi off and back on to get a connection. That dates to before me installing the plugin but it seems to have suddenly gone away.

That aside, I really like the plugin it's just I guess you can't get something for nothing: It's up-to-the-minute location info OR longer battery life.

Cheers,

Jon.

Comment

Working...
                                X