Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Support for Aoetec Aeon Labs Siren - Solved!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JKB View Post
    Hi!

I've thought about buying this controller. Have you tried it yet and got it working?

Thanks in advance!
    Hi!
    I installed the controller yesterday. It was possible to install in HS3 (a com-port driver is necessary).
    In HS3 the actions (binary switch) are very, very slow!! and the device switch goes to an "unknown status"!
    So I do not recommend the controller at the moment.

Comment

AEON tells me that the config parameters work, but they did intend to allow controllers to set the tones using z-wave commands, and that is not in there right now, that is what they were referring to.

Originally posted by TechHA View Post
      From my post above with parameters:
      Using the chart above and the 'Set Configuration Parameters' within the device, I can change the tones of the siren! So it can be done, deep breath...
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

How to Change Zwave Settings Parameters

Originally posted by TechHA View Post
        From my post above with parameters:
        Using the chart above and the 'Set Configuration Parameters' within the device, I can change the tones of the siren! So it can be done, deep breath...
        How do I enter this parameter data to set Siren sound 3

Click image for larger version

Name:	Parameter.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	104.5 KB
ID:	1176674

into the Settings Zwave tab?
        What do I enter and in which field?

Click image for larger version

Name:	setting.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	13.8 KB
ID:	1176675

Thanks for any help.
        Last edited by clay2young; March 9, 2015, 06:43 PM. Reason: Add ?

Comment

Originally posted by clay2young View Post
          How do I enter this parameter data to set Siren sound 3

into the Settings Zwave tab?
          What do I enter and in which field?

[ATTACH]44780[/ATTACH]

Thanks for any help.
          If you want to leave the volume the same, you can select 37 in the Parameter Number field and then a 3 in the Value (Decimal) field. You can leave the Value Size field at Auto or change to 2 bytes.

Cheers
          Al
          HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
          Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Had one backasswards

Thanks for helping me again Al

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
              If you want to leave the volume the same, you can select 37 in the Parameter Number field and then a 3 in the Value (Decimal) field. You can leave the Value Size field at Auto or change to 2 bytes.

Cheers
              Al
              So, to set it to tone 5 and minimize the volume you would submit 51 in the value field?

Comment

So, it was actually a value of 501 hex that I needed to submit.

Comment

Decimal codes for siren/volume combinations

With the ability to set a configuration parameter as a z-wave action, I thought I'd list out the decimal values to get the various siren and volume combinations. I can now use these in events to change the Aeon siren on the fly. When sending the configuration parameter 37, the siren will immediately turn on, so keep that in mind when creating events with the siren.

Values are in decimal 2 bytes

Siren 1 88 dB - 257
                  Siren 1 100 dB - 258
                  Siren 1 105 dB - 259

Siren 2 88 dB - 513
                  Siren 2 100 dB - 514
                  Siren 2 105 dB - 515

Siren 3 88 dB - 769
                  Siren 3 100 dB - 770
                  Siren 3 105 dB - 771

Siren 4 88 dB - 1025
                  Siren 4 100 dB - 1026
                  Siren 4 105 dB - 1027

Siren 5 88 dB - 1281
                  Siren 5 100 dB - 1282
                  Siren 5 105 dB - 1283

I've attached a sample event that sets siren 4 to 105 dB (full volume).
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Chewbucka; August 3, 2015, 08:21 PM.

Comment

Thank you, this will be very helpful!
                    Bryan
                    Software/Hardware: Win10 Pro, HS 3 Pro, HS Touch, Echo, Edgeport/4, Z-Net w/88 Devices, Insteon PLM w/19 Devices, Nest, GC-100-6, W800RF32A, WS-2080 Weather Station (KMADRACU10)
                    Plug-in/Scripts: Alexa API, BLBackup, BLGData, BLLED, BLLock, BLRF, BLTVGuide, Blue Iris, BLUPS, Current Cost 3P, DirectTV, FitbitSeer, Insteon, Nest, Pushover 3P, Random, Restart, Tasker, UltraGCIR3, UltraWeatherWU, Z-Wave

Comment

Yes. This should be useful. Especially once the doorbell version comes out.

Comment

Any news on this? Will there be a siren that can change tone by device? Would like to be able to have different alarm on fire than intrusion.
                        Certified installer for HomeSeer, Control4, KNX and Eaton/xComfort

Comment

I thought I saw something in one of the HS updates that should make it possible to set the tone variable from an event now. I haven't tried it yet, but was hopeful.

Comment

Originally posted by TechFan View Post
                            I thought I saw something in one of the HS updates that should make it possible to set the tone variable from an event now. I haven't tried it yet, but was hopeful.
                            Setting the tone is great. I can now set different tone for fire and intrusion... But this version does not seem to have any doorbell sound.

Any news on when this version will arive?
                            Certified installer for HomeSeer, Control4, KNX and Eaton/xComfort

Comment

Was supposed to be August. But we are talking Aeon tech time.

Comment

Any movement on this and changing the tone or volume?

Comment

Working...
                                X