cannot set lights to dim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cannot set lights to dim

i cannot go into the status graphics and set the control use for dim to dim and it stay after clicking done at the bottom, i go back in to the setting and it is back to "not specified" so thus if i give Alexa a command to dim office light to 50% she responds with that command doesn't work on office light.
    Attached Files

I believe I have the same/related problem.

Has anyone found the secret sauce to make a VIRTUAL device look like it's dimmable to Echo? Clicking "Is dimmable" doesn't work. I've also experimented with several different Types and subtypes, but that doesn't work either.

Thanks
    Z
    Last edited by vasrc; March 6, 2016, 07:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by vasrc View Post
      I believe I have the same/related problem.

Has anyone found the secret sauce to make a virtual device look like it's dimmable to Echo? Clicking "Is dimmable" doesn't work. I've also experimented with several different Types and subtypes, but that doesn't work either.

Thanks
      Z
      I have a fibaro light and it dims fine (real not virtual device). The only differences I see is that the range is 1-98 with no offset.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2016-03-06 at 3.51.55 PM.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	1183714
      Last edited by wkomorow; March 6, 2016, 03:48 PM. Reason: added image

Comment

the real issue is when i change the "control use" from Not Specified to Dim and click Done, and go back in and "control use" has defaulted back to Not Specified and thus Alexa does not see it dim as an function for that device.

Originally posted by wkomorow View Post
        I have a fibaro light and it dims fine (real not virtual device). The only differences I see is that the range is 1-98 with no offset.

[ATTACH]52713[/ATTACH]
        Attached Files

Comment

I really do not know but should your dim values be less than on and more than off?

Comment

Originally posted by drmcp View Post
            the real issue is when i change the "control use" from Not Specified to Dim and click Done, and go back in and "control use" has defaulted back to Not Specified and thus Alexa does not see it dim as an function for that device.
            This happens to me as well, but with the thermostat heat and cool points. I set them and then go back in to the Status Graphics page and they are set to 'Not Specified' again.

Comment

It must not matter that it don't completely work

Originally posted by wkomorow View Post

[ATTACH]52713[/ATTACH]
              Originally posted by will.i.am View Post
              This happens to me as well, but with the thermostat heat and cool points. I set them and then go back in to the Status Graphics page and they are set to 'Not Specified' again.

Comment

The ability to keep/modify the control use can depend on your plug-in that the device belongs to. Yours looks similar to my screen since I believe you are also a HAI Plug-In User. The PI developer (Rob Mason) is working on a version that resolves this issue with "Control Use" issue. HS3 Beta 3.0.0.255 released today was required in order to implement the fix for those of us that are HS3 HAI users. I suspect if other users have devices with the same issue, the issue is related to the Plug-In the Owns/Created the Device and is not specifically an HS3 issue. For instance, my buddy uses the Spud UPB Plug-In and can Dim just fine and does not have the issue.

-Travis

Comment

Is this a virtual device (ie one you created manually?) or is it owned by a Plugin as mentioned previously?
                  If virtual, I was able to fix it by writing a short script that sets ControlUse to Dim for that Status pair. Not sure why it won't work from the GUI page.

Z

Comment

Relating to Rob's current version of the HAI OmniPro plugin relating to UPB it does work a bit.

IE: If I send out a dim command from the HS2 OmniPro 2 plugin (or OmniTouch screens or PCA); the new HS3 plugin sees the status of the UPB light and changes the unit status accordingly.

If I send out a dim command from the HS3 OmniTouch UPB unit the HS2 HAI, PCA, Omnitouch screens do not see it.
                    Attached Files
                    - Pete

Auto mator
                    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb

HS4 Pro - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

I am using the HAI Plug-in I didn't think it would be tied to that because dimming works just fine from HS3 web interface and from an HSTouch screen just not from Echo.

Glad to hear it is being address

Originally posted by Daweeze View Post
                      The ability to keep/modify the control use can depend on your plug-in that the device belongs to. Yours looks similar to my screen since I believe you are also a HAI Plug-In User. The PI developer (Rob Mason) is working on a version that resolves this issue with "Control Use" issue. HS3 Beta 3.0.0.255 released today was required in order to implement the fix for those of us that are HS3 HAI users. I suspect if other users have devices with the same issue, the issue is related to the Plug-In the Owns/Created the Device and is not specifically an HS3 issue. For instance, my buddy uses the Spud UPB Plug-In and can Dim just fine and does not have the issue.

-Travis

Comment

The Control Use issue is only happening with my thermostat, which doesn't use a plugin, AFAIK.

Comment

Originally posted by will.i.am View Post
                          The Control Use issue is only happening with my thermostat, which doesn't use a plugin, AFAIK.
                          If it's a Z-Wave stat then it uses the Z-Wave plugin.
                          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                            If it's a Z-Wave stat then it uses the Z-Wave plugin.
                            The Control Use field for all of my zwave lights work correctly. And the Mode and Fan Mode fields for the same thermostat also work correctly. It is just the Heat and Cool Set Points that cannot remember the Control Use setting.

Is there an update coming for the zwave plugin to make this work?

Comment

upgrading to 3.0.0.258 did not fix the issue of being able to save the control use settings to dim.

I am using the HAI Plug-in I didn't think it would be tied to that because dimming works just fine from HS3 web interface and from an HSTouch screen just not from Echo.

Glad to hear it is being address

Comment

Working...
                              X