Linking Multi-Sensors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Linking Multi-Sensors?

I have one of the HomeSeer HSM200 Z-Wave Multi-Sensors and I use the different colors to alert me of the garage door and front door status.

Is it possible to purchase a second HSM200 and link the two so that when I change the color of the one it will also change with the second unit? Or should I just amend my event to also change the second sensor's color?

Thanks for looking.
    Dan-O
    HomeSeer contributor since summer 1999, yes 1999!

I think changing the event controlling the first one you have may be the way to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan-O View Post
      I have one of the HomeSeer HSM200 Z-Wave Multi-Sensors and I use the different colors to alert me of the garage door and front door status.

Is it possible to purchase a second HSM200 and link the two so that when I change the color of the one it will also change with the second unit? Or should I just amend my event to also change the second sensor's color?

Thanks for looking.
      The answer to that may be right here : https://www.vesternet.com/resources/...-associations/

Eman.
      TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Originally posted by Eman View Post
        The answer to that may be right here : https://www.vesternet.com/resources/...-associations/

Eman.
        Interesting read.
        I'm new to Z-Wave, are those features available to HomeSeer users now?
        Dan-O
        HomeSeer contributor since summer 1999, yes 1999!

Comment

Originally posted by Dan-O View Post
          Interesting read.
          I'm new to Z-Wave, are those features available to HomeSeer users now?
          Yes of course, HomeSeer Zwave sensors and /or switches can do all that and then some!
          Check out HomeSeer YouTube guides or ask direct questions here on the forums.

Tip : don't delay to get into MQTT!
          You can do amazing things and even surprise yourself!

MQTT can do things you would think are impossible like say your original question.

====> One device ( motion) sets a multitude events. But let's not get into that right now and hear from the others.

Eman.
          TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Working...
          X