Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gaiello181, the Insteaon modem is designed allow RS232 interface to the Insteon protocol. This is not a GSM modem with SMS capability. This plugin is designed to interface with a GSM modem with a SIM card installed.
    Author of Highpeak Plugins | SMS-Gateway Plugin | Blue Iris Plugin | Paradox (Beta) Plugin | Modbus Plugin | Yamaha Plugin

Comment

Hi Gavin

Any idea when the next version of the plugin might be out ? To cater for "matches" rather than "contains".. :-)

The SIM900 works brilliantly....very happy with it

Cheers..Pete
      HS 2.2.0.11

Comment

Pete, can you give 3.3.4 in the updater a try. It now supports regular expressions. Prefix any regex with the "^" character.

So to exactly match "Lamp on" use "^^[Ll]amp on"
        (first ^ to show it's a regex, second ^ is part of the regex to match from the beginning)

See here for a regex builder/tester
        http://regexstorm.net/tester
        Author of Highpeak Plugins | SMS-Gateway Plugin | Blue Iris Plugin | Paradox (Beta) Plugin | Modbus Plugin | Yamaha Plugin

Comment

Hi Gav

Sorry I missed your last post, just saw it :-(

Thanks for the update, did a quick test... perfect....will redo some of my inbound message detection to test furthur but looks great..

THANKYOU !

Pete
          HS 2.2.0.11

Comment

I have a problem with plugin

When my modem disconnects from my HS and the com port is not available ( ( either I disconnect the hardware manually or accidentally or there is software problem)
            I get this error message in log"

Error sending SMS - not connected to modem/phone - restart Plugin or wait for reconnect attempt

There is no reconnection attempt in log any more and the plugin doesn't restart itself automatically ,I must manually restart the plugin to bring it to work again

If there was a Auto-Restart and Auto-send the message in the plug-in in case of this error or other errors like this then the plug in then its more reliable in security cases

Comment

The plugin retries 3 times to reconnect before giving up (in the latest version). Because there is no sure way to tell if the modem is connected or not, I have to wait for watchdog time out and then publish the error to the log. There are a lot of challenges to constantly polling a COM port for connectivty. Filling the log, interfering with other applications trying to access the COM port. Slowing down HS3 overall, etc.

I'll put it on the backlog and see what can be done for more reliable reconnects.

One option in the short term is to use a combination of a script to check for a disconnect and then use Jon00's plugin to restart the plugin on a regular interval to see if connectivity has been restored. It's a hack, but it may suit your needs in the interim.

Comment

Gavin

Have you heard of a guy "Peter Prowse" from Australia in your company ?
                HS 2.2.0.11

Comment

Indeed. Heard of Karen Hill who works quite closely with him :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by beerygaz View Post
                    Indeed. Heard of Karen Hill who works quite closely with him :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Gavin, I dont know her. If you get to speak to him mention my name :-) I used to work closely with him at HP when I was in Sydney :-)
                    HS 2.2.0.11

Comment

I don't see this plugin in the updater -- is it still available?

Comment

Originally posted by mitchmitchell1616 View Post
                        I don't see this plugin in the updater -- is it still available?
                        I still see it under Phone Text & Email plugins.
                        HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                        Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Hmm, it doesn't show up for me -- see attached -- is it perhaps not available for Linux?

Comment

Originally posted by mitchmitchell1616 View Post
                            Hmm, it doesn't show up for me -- see attached -- is it perhaps not available for Linux?
                            Must be. This is what I see under Windows:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	226
Size:	219.9 KB
ID:	1276497
                            HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                            Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Hmm -- I think maybe something in the updater is not configured correctly perhaps, as I see this in the changelog:

Code:
                               [TABLE]
                              [TR]
                              [TD]3.2.0.x[/TD]
                               			[TD]MONO compliant in prep for Linux compatibility[/TD]
                               		[/TR]
                              [/TABLE]
                              Unless its just not ready for Linux yet...

Comment

HI.
                                I am trying to get an E1752 USB dongle working.
                                Its in modem only mode, with com port set to 6.
                                Error on initiatising plugin is WARNING: Failed getting InterfaceStatus from SMS-Gateway - the interface was not found in the list of active interfaces, the list may need to be refreshed.

Comment

Working...
                                X