Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I Going To Have A Problem With The PLM and all my KPLs?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yah, this is an i2cs issue. i'll post something tomorrow

do you have any i2 kpls to test. these should work
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Yes I do... I will go test one now... give me a few minutes...
      ---------------------------------------------------
      Jean-Marie G. Vaneskahian
      jean@vaneskahian.com

Comment

try this version with the i2cs again. post a log snippet if it doesn't work
        Attached Files
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

YOU ARE AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOW!!!

We went from:

18 Links and 8 Groups per 8 Button KPL to only:

9 Links and ZERO groups per 8 Button KPL (for i2 and 10 Links for i2cs)

You saved me!!!!!

Will this work with the i2cs KPLs?

How can I repay you?

I am VERY grateful for you work and how quickly I went from dispair to very happy! Thanks so VERY Much!!!

Jean-Marie Vaneskahian
          jean@vaneskahian.com

Comment

I am testing with the i2cs now... give me a few minutes.
            jean@vaneskahian.com

Comment

Once again, you are AWESOME!

It works now with both the i2 and i2cs KPLs!

If you want it here is the detailed log of the i2cs:

12/17/2012 9:32:03 PM Insteon Received message from Master Bedroom KPL 4 (1E.04.69) taking hops: 1
              12/17/2012 9:32:03 PM Insteon Received STX 0x50 (Raw Insteon Rec):1E 04 69 1C FB C8 20 2E 00
              12/17/2012 9:32:03 PM Insteon ..Got RF PLM Response 02 62 1E 04 69 10 2E 00 00 09 02 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 C7 06
              12/17/2012 9:32:02 PM Insteon Sending command 02 62 1E 04 69 10 2E 00 00 09 02 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 C7 to RF PLM, (Expecting 0 bytes extra back) Pre-Payload ACK:False, NAK is ok:False
              12/17/2012 9:32:02 PM Insteon Checking for keypadlinc button sync on device 1E.04.69 src index 2, SrcIsSyncTarget=True...
              12/17/2012 9:32:02 PM Insteon Received message from Master Bedroom KPL 4 (1E.04.69) taking hops: 1
              12/17/2012 9:32:02 PM Insteon Setting status and value for device _3. Old status:3 Old Value:0, New Status:2 New Value:100
              12/17/2012 9:32:02 PM Insteon Received STX 0x50 (Raw Insteon Rec):1E 04 69 1C FB C8 26 0A 00
              12/17/2012 9:32:02 PM Insteon ..Got RF PLM Response 02 62 1E 04 69 0A 19 01 06
              12/17/2012 9:32:02 PM Insteon Sending command 02 62 1E 04 69 0A 19 01 to RF PLM, (Expecting 0 bytes extra back) Pre-Payload ACK:False, NAK is ok:False
              12/17/2012 9:32:02 PM Insteon Attempting to get a KPL LED status response from Insteon device 1E.04.69
              12/17/2012 9:32:02 PM Insteon Processing SetIOEx for device - _3 Cmd: 2 Bright: 0 Data1: 0 Data2: 0
              12/17/2012 9:32:02 PM Device Control Device: Master Bedroom KPL 4 - Button B (_3) ON
              So, is that it? Can I plan on everything working now with the KPLs? What is it that I can no longer do with the KPLs now that it is setup this way? It all seems too good to be true.

So with my roughly 50 KPLs I go from:
              18 Links X 50 KPLs = 900 Links
              8 Groups X 50 KPLs = 400 Groups

To Now:
              10 Links X 50 KPLs = 500 Links
              0 Groups X 50 KPLs = 0 Groups

All my other devices consume just 47 Links. So I should see roughly 547 Links once all is done. I know it will increase as I add Scenes.

So what is it that I have lost?
              jean@vaneskahian.com

Comment

You're welcome.

as i mentioned, the Trigger Group feature won't work. I'll have to explain this later.

Otherwise, i need you to tell me what isn't working as you build and test.

I'm not really sure of the impact of these changes...its beta
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

I will build and test...

Tonight I am working on adding all the KPLs I used to have working back again and making sure I can account for each and every Link in the PLM.

The things I used to do were Add Buttons to a Scene where that Scene was only controlled by the PLM. I will test that.

The next one is to make sure that a button On or Off can still trigger events.

I did not have any buttons on KPLs tied to any direct control of a Scene.

I will let you know what I find tomorrow after I finish adding back the KPLs tonight.

Thanks again SOOOOO much and have a great night.

PS: Please let me repay you somehow, this was a huge save for me!
                  jean@vaneskahian.com

Comment

jean, i posted a msg to your visitor page
                    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

I know that this is an old thread but I am running into similar issues with INSTEON on HS3. Specifically I have about 40 8 button KPLs and about 100 DIN Dimmers that I'm putting together in a new home. Today I have all but two KPLs added and a handful of the DIN dimmers.

Today I show only two "Outbound Links" remaining. I'm new to INSTEON and HS so I'm unsure what specifically the outbound links are telling me. I also note that in this thread this particular individual had more KPLs than I do and was over the 254 number.

At any rate, any guidance here would help.

You have 51 internal Insteon device(s) registered in the system, 0 external device(s), and 4 group(s).
                      These devices and groups currently consume 579 link database entries in your interface.*
                      You have 2 unused outbound link addresses out of 254 total available.

* Click the Display Interface Links button below to update this number.

There are no unregistered Insteon addresses in the network.

Comment

Originally posted by ianmcg View Post
                        I know that this is an old thread but I am running into similar issues with INSTEON on HS3. Specifically I have about 40 8 button KPLs and about 100 DIN Dimmers that I'm putting together in a new home. Today I have all but two KPLs added and a handful of the DIN dimmers.

Today I show only two "Outbound Links" remaining. I'm new to INSTEON and HS so I'm unsure what specifically the outbound links are telling me. I also note that in this thread this particular individual had more KPLs than I do and was over the 254 number.

At any rate, any guidance here would help.

You have 51 internal Insteon device(s) registered in the system, 0 external device(s), and 4 group(s).
                        These devices and groups currently consume 579 link database entries in your interface.*
                        You have 2 unused outbound link addresses out of 254 total available.

* Click the Display Interface Links button below to update this number.

There are no unregistered Insteon addresses in the network.
                        are these new KPLs? did you add the ini setting posted in the thread?

post a sample of the links created for one KPL
                        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

These are new KPLs. I did add the setting in the INI but did not use the dll you posted as I was unsure if this compatible with HS3 since the original post was so old.

I guess what I'm curious about though is how the prior poster was "good" with ~500 links (I get the impression that that would have worked).

Perhaps understanding the difference between Outbound links and entries in the link database would help me better understand the limitations.

Here is a sample link for a single KPL:

"
                          Link #3 Button A/Load has local control reporting to HomeSeer
                          Link #4 Button B has local control reporting to HomeSeer
                          Link #5 Button C has local control reporting to HomeSeer
                          Link #6 Button D has local control reporting to HomeSeer
                          Link #7 Button E has local control reporting to HomeSeer
                          Link #8 Button F has local control reporting to HomeSeer
                          Link #9 Button G has local control reporting to HomeSeer
                          Link #10 Button H has local control reporting to HomeSeer
                          Link #2 Button A/Load is controlled by HomeSeer using Hub Group #0 (i2CS Registration Link) - On Level: 0%, Ramp Rate: .5 Sec.
                          Link #1 Button A/Load is controlled by HomeSeer using Hub Group #0 (i2CS Registration Link) - On Level: 100%, Ramp Rate: .5 Sec.
                          Link #12 Button A/Load is controlled by HomeSeer using Hub Group #17 (Button Control Group) - On Level: 100%, Ramp Rate: .1 Sec.
                          Link #11 Button A/Load is controlled by HomeSeer using Hub Group #254 (HomeSeer All Devices Group) - On Level: 100%, Ramp Rate: .1 Sec.
                          Link #13 Button B is controlled by HomeSeer using Hub Group #18 (Button Control Group) - On Level : On
                          Link #14 Button C is controlled by HomeSeer using Hub Group #19 (Button Control Group) - On Level : On
                          Link #15 Button D is controlled by HomeSeer using Hub Group #20 (Button Control Group) - On Level : On
                          Link #16 Button E is controlled by HomeSeer using Hub Group #21 (Button Control Group) - On Level : On
                          Link #17 Button F is controlled by HomeSeer using Hub Group #22 (Button Control Group) - On Level : On
                          Link #18 Button G is controlled by HomeSeer using Hub Group #23 (Button Control Group) - On Level : On
                          Link #19 Button H is controlled by HomeSeer using Hub Group #24 (Button Control Group) - On Level : On"

Comment

These are new KPLs. I did add the setting in the INI but did not use the dll you posted as I was unsure if this compatible with HS3 since the original post was so old.

I guess what I'm curious about though is how the prior poster was "good" with ~500 links (I get the impression that that would have worked).

Perhaps understanding the difference between Outbound links and entries in the link database would help me better understand the limitations.

Here is a sample link for a single KPL:

"
                            Link #3 Button A/Load has local control reporting to HomeSeer
                            Link #4 Button B has local control reporting to HomeSeer
                            Link #5 Button C has local control reporting to HomeSeer
                            Link #6 Button D has local control reporting to HomeSeer
                            Link #7 Button E has local control reporting to HomeSeer
                            Link #8 Button F has local control reporting to HomeSeer
                            Link #9 Button G has local control reporting to HomeSeer
                            Link #10 Button H has local control reporting to HomeSeer
                            Link #2 Button A/Load is controlled by HomeSeer using Hub Group #0 (i2CS Registration Link) - On Level: 0%, Ramp Rate: .5 Sec.
                            Link #1 Button A/Load is controlled by HomeSeer using Hub Group #0 (i2CS Registration Link) - On Level: 100%, Ramp Rate: .5 Sec.
                            Link #12 Button A/Load is controlled by HomeSeer using Hub Group #17 (Button Control Group) - On Level: 100%, Ramp Rate: .1 Sec.
                            Link #11 Button A/Load is controlled by HomeSeer using Hub Group #254 (HomeSeer All Devices Group) - On Level: 100%, Ramp Rate: .1 Sec.
                            Link #13 Button B is controlled by HomeSeer using Hub Group #18 (Button Control Group) - On Level : On
                            Link #14 Button C is controlled by HomeSeer using Hub Group #19 (Button Control Group) - On Level : On
                            Link #15 Button D is controlled by HomeSeer using Hub Group #20 (Button Control Group) - On Level : On
                            Link #16 Button E is controlled by HomeSeer using Hub Group #21 (Button Control Group) - On Level : On
                            Link #17 Button F is controlled by HomeSeer using Hub Group #22 (Button Control Group) - On Level : On
                            Link #18 Button G is controlled by HomeSeer using Hub Group #23 (Button Control Group) - On Level : On
                            Link #19 Button H is controlled by HomeSeer using Hub Group #24 (Button Control Group) - On Level : On"
                            with newer KPLs the ini setting isn't required, but your links don't look correct (too many).

the outbound links are from the PLM and there is a limit. all the button Control Group links above aren't necessary with the new KPLs fw ver 41+
                            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Thanks Mark. All my KPLs have a FW of 45.

Am I safe to delete all the Button Control Group links from each KPL? Or should I remove all the KPLs, reset them and re-add? Any idea why all the links are being created? It's done that for all my KPLs

Comment

Thanks Mark. All my KPLs have a FW of 45.

Am I safe to delete all the Button Control Group links from each KPL? Or should I remove all the KPLs, reset them and re-add? Any idea why all the links are being created? It's done that for all my KPLs
                                please verify you have the key=value KPLGroupLinks=False in the [config] section of the insteon.ini and delete one kpl, factor reset it, and register it again.
                                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                                X