Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Google Home now available under services! (Discontinued)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does this service provide support for doing TTS announcements through home and Chromecast audio? I am pretty sure there is a capability to do that in the API.

The reason I ask is that I am planning to do a whole home audio build in a new house that will be driven by a bunch of chromecast audio devices driving amps attached to speakers directly instead of SONOS or a Russound like system.

I can provide some switching if I really need to so HS can do TTS by using an XAP800 or the like, but its so much easier if TTS is natively supported through the CCA's and Homes.

Thanks,
    mike

Comment

on / off before or after the device name

Originally posted by rjh View Post
      If you have a device named "Lights" and its location is "Kitchen", you should be able to say:

"Ok, Google, tell HomeSeer to turn on the kitchen lights"
      After reading your quote and doing some testing I just came to a clearer understanding of how Google Home is currently handling the HomeSeer service. I am new to HomeSeer (having dumped smartthings after dumping domoticz). I have been driven up the wall having to say on / off after the device name. For me, it is natural to say on / off before the device name.

Specifically, if I say,
      "Ok, Google ask HomeSeer to turn on the desk lamp." I get
      "That command was not found on the device".

It will accept "Ok, Google ask HomeSeer to turn the desk lamp on."

However, if I say, "Ok, Google tell HomeSeer to turn on the lamp." It accepts it.

I haven't read that there is a difference between ask and tell... So my question: Is there a resource that clearly lays this out? I looked at http://www.homeseer.com/support/home...e_commands.htm

By the way - I am absolutely loving HomeSeer. This system kicks the hell out of anything out there. I look forward to the direct home automation integration with Google Home and I'm still trying to find a easy to use iPhone app... Thanks.

Comment

Google assistant

Will this work with Google assistant too. Or you need to have a Google Home. Thank you
        Last edited by gsegovia15; April 29, 2017, 10:51 PM.

Comment

Funny, a couple days ago just after the update I found just the opposite... It would respond correctly to "Ask" but not "Tell". The next day it worked with either.

Originally posted by Theron View Post
          After reading your quote and doing some testing I just came to a clearer understanding of how Google Home is currently handling the HomeSeer service. I am new to HomeSeer (having dumped smartthings after dumping domoticz). I have been driven up the wall having to say on / off after the device name. For me, it is natural to say on / off before the device name.

Specifically, if I say,
          "Ok, Google ask HomeSeer to turn on the desk lamp." I get
          "That command was not found on the device".

It will accept "Ok, Google ask HomeSeer to turn the desk lamp on."

However, if I say, "Ok, Google tell HomeSeer to turn on the lamp." It accepts it.

I haven't read that there is a difference between ask and tell... So my question: Is there a resource that clearly lays this out? I looked at http://www.homeseer.com/support/home...e_commands.htm

By the way - I am absolutely loving HomeSeer. This system kicks the hell out of anything out there. I look forward to the direct home automation integration with Google Home and I'm still trying to find a easy to use iPhone app... Thanks.

Comment

I have 3 Homeseer controllers connected to MYHS site. How do I direct the commands to the correct one?

Comment

Originally posted by fresnoboy View Post
              Does this service provide support for doing TTS announcements through home and Chromecast audio? I am pretty sure there is a capability to do that in the API.

The reason I ask is that I am planning to do a whole home audio build in a new house that will be driven by a bunch of chromecast audio devices driving amps attached to speakers directly instead of SONOS or a Russound like system.

I can provide some switching if I really need to so HS can do TTS by using an XAP800 or the like, but its so much easier if TTS is natively supported through the CCA's and Homes.

Thanks,

mike

I've installed a open source solution - Logitech Media Server to get connectivity to my Google Home speakers - there are plugins one to have LMS Output to chrome cast (and unrelated to your question but cool another one to accept airplay input). So I'm playing airplay content through my google home. There is a homeseer plugin for squeezebox / lms that among other things creates a Voice Proxy to Squeezebox/lms - however I haven't started integrating it yet. I am working on getting the HS3Touch screens right for the home audio using the squeezebox plugin. I may keep lms for the airplay to chromecast bridge, the squeezebox app for the voice and use the iTunes plugin in homeseer - not sure yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

You will need either 3 MyHS accounts, or purchase our premium service. With the premium service you can create more accounts and assign each account to a particular system. You can then use those accounts with Alexa to associate each account with each Echo. For direct commands, you can send the user/pass of each account to MyHS to control each system.

Originally posted by rbeauch View Post
                I have 3 Homeseer controllers connected to MYHS site. How do I direct the commands to the correct one?
                💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Does this work without the Google Home Device?
                  I was hoping I could use Assistant on my phone, but the Google Home app does not show "more settings" anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by eliashall View Post
                    Does this work without the Google Home Device?
                    I was hoping I could use Assistant on my phone, but the Google Home app does not show "more settings" anywhere.
                    My phone shows Homeseer under the "Assistant Apps" in the "Google Assistant" settings page.

I get there through the Home App, then the hamburger menu in the top left, then "...More Settings" (On my phone this appears under the "Google Assistant" section, and above "devices".)

On this note - when will we see Homeseer in the Home Control section?

Comment

Google is testing our Home Control app and there was one last issue that I believe we fixed. So any day now.

Note that Google will not allow generic and SmartHome apps to co-exist, that means the current HomeSeer app will disappear when the SmartHome one is released. This is a bummer for sure and we have voiced our request to allow both to exist.

Originally posted by Crashless View Post
                      My phone shows Homeseer under the "Assistant Apps" in the "Google Assistant" settings page.

I get there through the Home App, then the hamburger menu in the top left, then "...More Settings" (On my phone this appears under the "Google Assistant" section, and above "devices".)

On this note - when will we see Homeseer in the Home Control section?

Comment

Note that Google will not allow generic and SmartHome apps to co-exist, that means the current HomeSeer app will disappear when the SmartHome one is released.
                        Rich,
                        Could you clarify a bit, please?
                        Does that mean that HSTouch will no longer be accessible on Android devices, even for people who do not have Google Home?
                        Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
                        HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

This is not related to HSTouch. I am talking about the Google Home app we created where you can say "ok google tell homeseer to turn off the lights".

That app will be going away when the SmartHome one is released, so now you say:

"ok google turn off the lights"

You will loose the ability to do other HS things like run events, etc.

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
                          Rich,
                          Could you clarify a bit, please?
                          Does that mean that HSTouch will no longer be accessible on Android devices, even for people who do not have Google Home?

Comment

This is not related to HSTouch. I am talking about the Google Home app we created where you can say "ok google tell homeseer to turn off the lights".

So as I'm understanding it there will no longer be "Google actions" support once Homeseer gets the Google home native support?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm fine with this as used to it with other services with Google Home.

Comment

...You will loose the ability to do other HS things like run events, etc.
                                I'm hoping there's a '...for now' in there somewhere.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X