Timer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Timer?

I have a Global Cache IP2cc that I would like to control with Homeseer. I have it working. I bought the Global Cache plugin as well as the Kinect plugin. I can speak the command to turn on the relay 1 for instance and it works! How can I have it happen that the relay turns off after 5 seconds for instance without me issuing another command?

Could you please describe what you're trying to accomplish in greater detail? I'm not sure I'm following you.
    Originally posted by rprade
    There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Timer?

1. If you are talking about turning off an actual HS3 device or a virtual device, An event with the trigger for a device being on for 5 minutes would do.
      2. A timer that has 3 events tied to it. The first event triggers when the device is turned on and restarts the timer. The second event stops the timer when the device is turned off. The third event turns off the device when the timer reaches 5 minutes.

It might be helpful to know what you currently have setup and what you are trying to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Last edited by Kerat; May 18, 2017, 01:47 PM.

Comment

I will use this to control a 24v. solenoid valve. A Kinect 1 is connected and working. So a spoken command to close a relay on a Global Cache Ip2cc. (That works fine now) I would like the relay to open again after 3 seconds. I have tried setting up a timer but got strange results. Sometimes it would work for three repetions and then the relay would close on its own and stay closed. Even issuing the separate voice command to open the relay wouldn't deactivate the relay.

Comment

I am still not clear on the details of what you are doing.
          • Are you using an HS event to control the relay?
          • Is the voice command directed at an HS device rather than an event?

The easiest way I can think of to do this is to create an event that turns on the relay, waits 3 seconds, then turns off the relay. If the delay were much longer than that, then I'd recommend that you use a delayed action to turn off the relay rather than a wait action. Your voice command would be to run the event.

It might help to post a screen shot of your event.
          Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
          HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

I was able to figure it out! I just used a wait in the event and then had it turn off the relay. Worked a charm.

Comment

Working...
            X