Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feeling Better...

Originally posted by macromark View Post
    HomeSeer "Direct Action" integration with Google Home is nearing release. If you watched Google IO today, you may have caught a glimpse of our logo mixed in with the other smart home partner logos. If not, you can see if now on this page: https://madeby.google.com/home/partners/
    Oh thank goodness. I've been getting antsy - I was about to waste my weekend creating a workaround with Samsung's IoT Artik Cloud. Congratulations - I can't wait to see and use it!

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post
      HomeSeer "Direct Action" integration with Google Home is nearing release. If you watched Google IO today, you may have caught a glimpse of our logo mixed in with the other smart home partner logos. If not, you can see if now on this page: https://madeby.google.com/home/partners/
      Ugh, I feel like the wait is killing me! Any updated timeframe? Since several other HA providers have released since Google I/O, I was expecting something by now. Is there perhaps a beta you'd like my assistance with?

Comment

Originally posted by weaslyd View Post
        Ugh, I feel like the wait is killing me! Any updated timeframe? Since several other HA providers have released since Google I/O, I was expecting something by now. Is there perhaps a beta you'd like my assistance with?
        https://forums.homeseer.com/showpost...3&postcount=65

Comment

Ha, thanks for the dopeslap! I had stopped checking that thread because it was primarily related to the services API, ("Okay Google, tell Homeseer ..."). Now I feel dumb but enlightened simultaneously. Thanks again!

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by csullivan2005 View Post
            one thing to keep in mind is that sonos already announced it will work with Alexa. to sure if this will be true with google home and if will when that will be since its taking forever for it to work with Alexa
            Noooooooo. I'm so bummed. I really want a Sonos system with Google Home built into each speaker.

Really good news about Homeseer direct control with Google Home coming. I mentioned Homeseer a lot during product sessions at Google but never got to beta test the hardware. Don't have Google Home or Alexa at this point.

Comment

Looks like Google Home will be rolling out a software preview program soon for anyone interested in testing some features before they go public. Here is some information about the program.

Comment

Yeaaa! My wish is coming true??? Google assistant is being built into third party speakers. I wanted Sonos with Google Home functions but this seems pretty close. If HomeSeer interacts well with these speakers to control devices then I am sold. Here is the article link.

Comment

What's more important is that these speakers need to act as Homeseer speaker clients!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Sireone View Post
                    What's more important is that these speakers need to act as Homeseer speaker clients!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
                    Agreed, that would be important. I currently use the ImperiHome plugin with tablets for speaker clients.

It would be awesome if there was the ability for a response going back to speaker being used for current voice input so if you are talking to the living room device it would respond to same.

Comment

Originally posted by Planetview View Post
                      Agreed, that would be important. I currently use the ImperiHome plugin with tablets for speaker clients.

It would be awesome if there was the ability for a response going back to speaker being used for current voice input so if you are talking to the living room device it would respond to same.
                      Would you mind giving a brief overview of how to configure ImperiHome as a speaker? I just started putting up a few tablets around the house running IH for control/monitoring but I had no idea this was a feature. I'm still fairly new to the whole thing.

Comment

Originally posted by slog View Post
                        Would you mind giving a brief overview of how to configure ImperiHome as a speaker? I just started putting up a few tablets around the house running IH for control/monitoring but I had no idea this was a feature. I'm still fairly new to the whole thing.
                        Here is what I did:

1. Assign a static IP in your wireless router for each tablet.

2. Go to the ImperiHome plugin config and select Control API tab. Enable Speak Proxy and Forward Speak Actions to HS Speakers.

3. Go to each tablet and enable API HTTP Server in ImperiHome General preferences under integration section. Make note of port showing, you will need it in next step.

4. Add each tablet with static IP you assigned (used port shown in step above) under Control API Devices in the HS3 plugin Control API tab.

5. In HS3 go to Tools - Setup - Network - Speaker Clients and add "ImperiHome : name of tablet" without quotes if you want to set as default speaker clients. I used one as default mounted on the wall in hallway.

6. Go to events and you can add ImperiHome action to speak something and be able to select a specific tablet. I use the living room tablet for speaker when controlling events specific to that room.

7. Make sure speaker client is running on main HS3 system and is connected too.

Comment

Originally posted by Planetview View Post
                          Here is what I did:

1. Assign a static IP in your wireless router for each tablet.

2. Go to the ImperiHome plugin config and select Control API tab. Enable Speak Proxy and Forward Speak Actions to HS Speakers.

3. Go to each tablet and enable API HTTP Server in ImperiHome General preferences under integration section. Make note of port showing, you will need it in next step.

4. Add each tablet with static IP you assigned (used port shown in step above) under Control API Devices in the HS3 plugin Control API tab.

5. In HS3 go to Tools - Setup - Network - Speaker Clients and add "ImperiHome : name of tablet" without quotes if you want to set as default speaker clients. I used one as default mounted on the wall in hallway.

6. Go to events and you can add ImperiHome action to speak something and be able to select a specific tablet. I use the living room tablet for speaker when controlling events specific to that room.

7. Make sure speaker client is running on main HS3 system and is connected too.
                          If you run into problems or it is not working then restart everything (HS3, tablets) and test again. Still not working then open a new thread under the ImperiHome plugin section for help troubleshooting. The plugin author has been very good at providing support.

Comment

Thank you. I couldn't quite get it to work but that's definitely a good start. I find HS's speaker configuration to be terribly unintuitive and aggravating to use. The steps you provided were very much appreciated and quite clear, though.

Comment

Originally posted by slog View Post
                              Thank you. I couldn't quite get it to work but that's definitely a good start. I find HS's speaker configuration to be terribly unintuitive and aggravating to use. The steps you provided were very much appreciated and quite clear, though.
                              I will take a look in the ImperiHome plugin forum for your post and jump in if you are not making progress. It's probably something with the HS3 speaker client if you covered what I listed (or something I overlooked). Don't want to derail this thread too much. ��

Comment

Working...
                              X