Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I installed my OMNIPRO II about a year ago. I have it controlling a z-wave network - lights, locks, etc. No problem. Today I received my HomeSeer Zee S2. I am thinking to use it as a "bridge" to have my OMNIPRO work with Amazon Alex. I have downloaded the HAI plugin, no problem. I've restarted the Homeseer and it connects to my OMNIPRO. I can see the various security zones, etc. I go to the HAI configuration and all of my z-wave devices are listed. I click on one to create a HS device. I can see the device on my home page but I can't control the device. What am I suppose to put in for the code and address fields? I just put the # listed in the Units page for the address and nothing for the code. I suspect this is wrong.
    Also how does this actually work? Is the plugin using the OMNIPRO to send the z-wave signals or I am also suppose to set up the HomeSeer as a secondary controller in the z-wave network.
    Sorry for the basic questions.
    Thanks.

Hi feobrien. You shouldnt need to populate anything in the code or address fields as that info is purely optional in HS.

The plugin controls units using the HLC protocol only. That should work just fine for basic Z-Wave on/off/dim functions, but not for Z-Wave scenes. That functionality might come at a later date. I suspect you are just wanting to use on/off/dim for now.

You wouldnt use the Zee as a secondary controller. Your commands for on/off/dim from HS will go through the HAI plugin to the panel, which has your Z-Wave controller. So, essentially, you are not using the HS Z-Wave controller at all, just the HAI Z-Wave controller.

Can you post a pic of your logs where you tried to control a device? Hover over Plugins -> HAI -> HAI Logs

Thanks
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Thanks for the quick response. I did make progress since my posting. I realize now that I just have to link the device at the bottom of the configuration page. That along with your clarification that I'm really using the HAI Z-wave controller clarifies much for me!
      One step at a time!

Comment

Cool! Yell back if you need anything...

I'm working on some bugs right now and will have another release ready by the end of the seek.

Comment

Another Question

Thanks for the offer to help. I've been playing around with the plugin - learning. I am very mush enjoying the power and flexibility of what can be done. I've encountered on puzzling thing. So when I was first playing around I created an event to turn on some lights in the home office - just as practice. As far as I can tell, I've deleted that event, created several more. However that old event continues to occur, turning on the office lights. It is like it is somewhere I can't see. I'm out of the country this week, so I just turned off homeseer before I left. Any thoughts? Did I not properly delete them somehow? Worse case I figure I'll reset the homeseer and start over.
          Thanks for any thoughts you have.

Comment

There is likely still a HS event running somewhere. Click on view-events and remove all the events if you want to start over.

Sent from my Galaxy S7 Edge using Tapatalk

Comment

It might be a sort of ghost event not directly connected to anything.

Are you the FEOBrien that is on the Cocootech forum that was asking about the OmniPro 2 panel last year?

You can also replicate the Homeseer Z-Wave stuff to the Leviton VRCOP device if you want. They do not talk to each other though.
              - Pete

Auto mator
              Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
              Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
              HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
              HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Working...
              X