X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this a problem? 2.2.28

Jim,
    Discovered this in the debug.log

11/14/2007 05:42:08.171 PM~!~Debug~!~Decoded 6;10;31 -> Report Status: Unknown?? Preset Dim Level = 32 from DooStat HVAC
    11/14/2007 05:42:08.171 PM~!~Debug~!~"Unknown?? Preset Dim Level = 32" received via AutoSend

11/2/2007 10:18:42.480 PM~!~Debug~!~Decoded 6;10;30 -> Report Status: Unknown?? Preset Dim Level = 31 from DooStat HVAC
    11/2/2007 10:18:42.480 PM~!~Debug~!~"Unknown?? Preset Dim Level = 31" received via AutoSend

11/3/2007 03:12:10.184 AM~!~Debug~!~Decoded 6;10;31 -> Report Status: Unknown?? Preset Dim Level = 32 from DooStat HVAC1
    11/3/2007 03:12:10.184 AM~!~Debug~!~"Unknown?? Preset Dim Level = 32" received via AutoSend

X10 random noise or a plugin problem?

Dan.
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows 10 vmware)
    BLOccupied:,UltraNetCam3:,weatherXML:,RFXCOM:,Current Cost 3P:,UltraGCIR3:
    DMMQTT:,Kodi:,Z-Wave:,BLRadar:,EasyTrigger:,MySensors:,BLBackup:

Have you seen this with 2.2.30? The error looks to result from a missing house code in the X10 received command. That command is reported to DooStat by HS2/X10 Interface Plug-In. I suppose I could alter the debug log entry to mention that the house code was missing.
    Jim Doolittle

My Twitter
    My Hardware & Software

Comment

Jim,
      I 've had this error 8 times since the 2.2.30 plugin install on 11/17 @ 11:03 am.

D.

Comment

I just checked my debug.log and see that I include house code in the debug log entry for some items and not others. So, my previous comment is incorrect. My bad!

I just posted 2.2.32 and where I found some decoding issues but that was done to solve a separate issue. You can try that build but meanwhile I will check the X10 codes you are seeing against the source code for decoding the X10 command.
        Jim Doolittle

My Twitter
        My Hardware & Software

Comment

Jim,
          I've loaded .32, will keep you posted.

Thanks.

D.

Comment

Hold the phone! I just checked and it looks like you have a newer firmware version (4.0+) of the TXB16 stat. I downloaded the protocol and can make the changes to the plug-in.

What does not make sense is that the new commands in the log are:

6;10;30 -> Status report for Decode Table confirming that Table L is being used

6;10;31 -> Status report indicating that TEST MODE is enabled

I do not believe these commands are the result of AUTOSEND. More likely that a SETTINGS request was made. BTW, the plug-in does not support TEST MODE. Well, I mean it doesn't set the mode nor work with it when enabled.

If you do have version 4.0+ of the firmware, you may be able to help me test the ability to send HEAT and COOL setpoints directly. Previous firmware versions did not allow this which is why I added the "force thermostat mode to set dual setpoints" feature. That feature works but it has the potential of turning on AC or furnace at inappropriate times.
            Jim Doolittle

My Twitter
            My Hardware & Software

Comment

Jim,
              How do I check what version of TX16B I have? Look at the box or ask the stat for version info via query?

I'll be glad to help test. I'm travelling until the 30th. I have vnc access and can do safe stuff via vnc. But with it being winter up here I don't want to do too much risky stuff remotely.....

BTW I wasn't deliberately trying to set test mode or table L so I can't explain what caused those specific entries.

Thanks.

D.

Comment

Did I make this sticky? How did I do it? How can I undo it?

D.

Comment

The manual should mention the firmware. It may not be easy to find but if you look at the Preset Dim Command Table, it will mention the table revision followed by a reference to what firmware versions it is good for.

BTW, I unstuck the thread. Not sure how it got stuck. Maybe I did that when I remove the attachment that I had in one of my posts.
                  Jim Doolittle

My Twitter
                  My Hardware & Software

Comment

An earlier RCS firmware version (3.3.X?) added the ability to retrieve all settings via a Unit Code 5, Preset Level 26 (Preset Dim 25). This was added to the RCS X10 Thermostat Plug-in and correspondingly DooStat. However, there was a bug in code that decoded the higher preset level/dim messages that you reported. That has been fixed in 2.2.33 and should resolved your issue.

Apparently, very few people use the Settings retrieval command. Did you use it explicity? The plug-in does not use it although if it did, it would shave a few seconds off of initialization as well as better ensure what ACK/ECHO/AUTOSEND are. If have not done this mainly because my stats do not support the command and my first objective is to make sure each build works with my own stats .

As I mentioned earlier, firmware version 4.0 adds the ability to explicitly send COOL and HEAT setpoints. I think I will add the code to do this. Older firmware will simply ignore the commands in which case the plug-in will default to storing the setpoints until proper thermostat mode is set which means that there is potential for the WDU to be out-of-synch with the plug-in's settings. Or, the older firmware versions could use the "force thermostat mode" feature.
                    Jim Doolittle

My Twitter
                    My Hardware & Software

Comment

Working...
                    X