X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't run the plugin on HomeTollers - Fixed

Bob,

HS ships their HomeTroller with a build of Windows XPe that doesn't include .Net 3.x. I was unable to install .Net 3.5 on my HomeTroller; and HS verified that they where also unable to install it. Rich said that he might be willing to create a build of XPe with .Net 3.5; but thought it made more sence for the plugin to be build without the need to have the complete .Net 3.5 framework installed.

Since you have made such great progress in stablizing the plugin (just moved from alpha to beta), would you be willing to create a build of the plugin that doesn't require .Net 3.5 to be installed?

Gary

Hi Gary,

Rich, UDI, and I have had a number of email conversations about this issue. Right now, none of us know of a solution to get the plug-in working with .NET 2.0.

UDI provides a web services interface to the ISY. It's that web services API that the plug-in uses to communication with the ISY. Currently, the Microsoft tool chain for .NET 2.0 breaks when it tries to use the web service interface exported by UDI. We can't find anything wrong with the interface definition from UDI and believe it is a known bug in the .NET 2.0 tool chain that is at fault.

Rich was going to try an build a new version of the OS for the HomeTroller with .NET 3.0. I'm not sure what the status of that effort is.

I am going to try taking the web interface code generated by the .NET 3.0 tool chain and hack it to work with .NET 2.0, but I have not had the time to try this.

If anyone knows WSDL really well and is willing to look at the UDI WSDL to see if there's a way to modify it to work around the MS bug, let me know.

Originally posted by GWG View Post
    Bob,

HS ships their HomeTroller with a build of Windows XPe that doesn't include .Net 3.x. I was unable to install .Net 3.5 on my HomeTroller; and HS verified that they where also unable to install it. Rich said that he might be willing to create a build of XPe with .Net 3.5; but thought it made more sence for the plugin to be build without the need to have the complete .Net 3.5 framework installed.

Since you have made such great progress in stablizing the plugin (just moved from alpha to beta), would you be willing to create a build of the plugin that doesn't require .Net 3.5 to be installed?

Gary
    --
    Bob Paauwe
    ISYInsteon Plug-in
    http://www.bobsplace.com/ISYInsteon/

Comment

does hometroller support XPe SP2? My plugin will work with .net framework 2.0 but it may require SP2

tenholde
      tenholde

Comment

Has anybody found a solution for this? I want to get the ISY plugin going on my HomeTroller and I'm not clear on what the way forward is on this.

Comment

Rich told me two weeks ago that he has built a new OS with .net3. He built it for HT2; I have a HT1. Rich was out last week and I haven't heard if he has a build for HT1.

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by GWG View Post
            Rich told me two weeks ago that he has built a new OS with .net3. He built it for HT2; I have a HT1. Rich was out last week and I haven't heard if he has a build for HT1.

Gary
            I have an HT2. Any idea what the process is for me to get the new build?

Comment

Put in a help desk ticket and I'll assign it to Rich.
              💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Guys,
                Here's a link to the new flash drive that includes the framework needed to run the ISY on the HomeTroller.
                http://store.homeseer.com/store/SYSR...-P590C102.aspx

Comment

Is there a HT1 version? If we have already purchased a flash drive, is there a discount or down loadable version?
                  Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
                    Is there a HT1 version? If we have already purchased a flash drive, is there a discount or down loadable version?
                    Somehow, I think the answer is going to be "no" to both of your questions.

-Todd

____________________________________________________________ ________________
                    HS2Pro: 2.5.0.81 :: HS3Pro (beta) || Plugins:| SmartHome PowerLinc USB, Global Cache, BLBackup, DooCPU Monitor, DooMotion, BLOutlook, BLIcon, BLOutgoingCalls, OutgoingCalls, ROC-Rnd, HSTouch iPhone, UPS Monitor, DooMenuBar, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, WAF AB8SS, mcsTemperature, VWS, BLChart, RFXCOM, ISY Insteon, iAutomate RFID, iTunes, NetCAM, DSC Security, Nest

Comment

I was rather hoping Rupp would find out one way or the other.
                      Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
                        I was rather hoping Rupp would find out one way or the other.
                        I'm checking.

Comment

I can do a HT1 build with .NET 3 included if someone requires it. Let me know. It will require a new restore flash.

Comment

I would purchase one..even better if it had IE8 installed.
                            Jon

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                              I can do a HT1 build with .NET 3 included if someone requires it. Let me know. It will require a new restore flash.
                              I need this. I started a help ticket back in March, but I think it got lost when HS changed the help desk to a paid service.

Comment

Working...
                              X