• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem communicating with ISY

Hello,

I am receiving the following error in my Homeseer log:

Code:
    Dec-23 12:38:31 PM	 	ISYInsteon	SendRequest : -> Using Authorization [Basic andzaG9tZTphcmNoZWQwNg==]
    Dec-23 12:38:31 PM	 	ISYInsteon	SendRequest : -> For command: [ ]
    Dec-23 12:38:31 PM	 	ISYInsteon	SendRequest : Failed to get response from ISY (The underlying connection was closed: The connection was closed unexpectedly.).
    Dec-23 12:20:31 PM	 	ISYInsteon	Restart : -> _0120
    Dec-23 12:20:31 PM	 	ISYInsteon	Restart : Last message received before restart
    Dec-23 12:20:31 PM	 	ISYInsteon	Bottom of subscription thread loop
    Dec-23 12:20:31 PM	 	ISYInsteon	Attemp to close TcpClient
    Dec-23 12:20:31 PM	 	ISYInsteon	Read exited with False
    Dec-23 12:20:31 PM	 	ISYInsteon	read : The subscription connection to ISY has failed.
    Dec-23 12:18:51 PM	 	ISYInsteon	read : ISY subscription: No data for 120 seconds, network problem?.
    Dec-23 12:16:48 PM	 	ISYInsteon	read : ISY subscription: No data for 120 seconds, network problem?.
    Dec-23 12:14:45 PM	 	ISYInsteon	read : ISY subscription: No data for 120 seconds, network problem?.
    Dec-23 12:12:43 PM	 	ISYInsteon	read : ISY subscription: No data for 120 seconds, network problem?.
    Dec-23 12:10:55 PM	 	Info	System connected to MyHomeSeer Service successfully.
    Dec-23 12:10:55 PM	 	Info	System connected to MyHomeSeer Service, waiting for acknowledge...
    Dec-23 10:47:07 AM	 	ISYInsteon	SendRequest : -> Using Authorization [Basic andzaG9tZTphcmNoZWQwNg==]
    Dec-23 10:47:07 AM	 	ISYInsteon	SendRequest : -> For command: [ ]
    Dec-23 10:47:07 AM	 	ISYInsteon	SendRequest : Failed to get response from ISY (The underlying connection was closed: The connection was closed unexpectedly.).
    I'm running HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.208 on Windows 10, and the ISY is running firmware 4.3.26 and UI 4.3.26.

I also get exactly the same error when I run the old version of the plugin on HS2 (I test these separately, not at the same time).

Any idea what could be causing the problem?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Make sure you're configured with the proper ISY IP address / host name
    Make sure you have the correct username / password
    Make sure your firewall isn't blocking access to the ISY

The plug-in uses the same methods to communicate with the ISY that the ISY admin console and web interface do. Are you able to access the ISY with those from that Window 10 machine?

The messages indicate that the plug-in is not receiving anything from the ISY which may indicate that a firewall is blocking it.
    --
    Bob Paauwe
    ISYInsteon Plug-in
    http://www.bobsplace.com/ISYInsteon/

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply. I am able to access the ISY from the same machine using a web browser, and I know the configuration is correct because during the startup the plugin is able to find the ISY and connect to it successfully.

Is it possible that the firewall would allow the initial communication, but not subsequent communications?

Comment

It's hard to say. The log snippet you posted doesn't provide enough detail/context to know what the plug-in was requesting. The actual XML request should be in between the '[' ']' in the log, but something stripped that out (possibly the forum software).

All that log really tells me is that the plug-in sent a request and never received a response back. The messages should have been different if there was some type of error. Typically, the ISY will send back an error response if there is something wrong with the request. That's why it looks like either the ISY didn't get the request (wrong IP address) or the communications were blocked.

If you have a firewall, try temporarily disabling it and see if that helps.

You can also send me a copy of the full log (bpaauwe at yahoo dot com) and I'll take a look, but I will be out of town over Xmas with no internet access so I wouldn't be able review it until next week.
        --
        Bob Paauwe
        ISYInsteon Plug-in
        http://www.bobsplace.com/ISYInsteon/

Comment

Working...
        X