Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Temperature and Humidity Set Points

Hi All,

I've got a number of OmniPro Temperature and Humidity sensors, not OmniStats/thermostats, and I'm trying to change the "Set Points" from within Homeseer and this plug-in. Which Is GREAT by the way!

I already use the set points from within the HAI Snaplink app fine(see attached), and Homeseer is correctly reporting the right Temperature and Humidity (see attached), but I just can't see how to update the set points from within homeseer.

Any help much appreciated, If I can't get this working it will never get Wife Acceptance sign off :-0

Thanks Deano
    Attached Files

Hi all,

Anyone able to help?

Many thanks
    Dean

Comment

Sorry I missed this, Dean.
      I'm not familiar with setpoints on the temp sensors. Do they trigger flags in HAI? If so, you could use HS triggers to do the same.
      Give me an idea how these are used in HAI.

Sent from my SCH-R970X using Tapatalk
      HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
      54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
      Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
        Sorry I missed this, Dean.
        I'm not familiar with setpoints on the temp sensors. Do they trigger flags in HAI? If so, you could use HS triggers to do the same.
        Give me an idea how these are used in HAI.

Sent from my SCH-R970X using Tapatalk
        When the temperature is between the Low and High set points, the zone is SECURE. When the temperature is below the low or above the high, the zone is NOT READY.

Comment

Hi Rob,

Barry is correct, All the time the Temperature/Humidity is between the the High or Low set points the ZONE is shown as SECURE, and when outside.. 'NOT READY'.

Personally I only use the LOW Temperature setpoint, and when the Temperature drops below this level the zone goes "NOT READY" and I have a basic automation block in 'PC Access' to switch on heating actuator valve on the underfloor heating manifold providing heat for that room.

Likewise I use the HIGH setpoint for Humidity in the Bathrooms, when the Humidity increases beyond the setpoint the rooms extractor fan is switched on.

I could do this easily in Homeseer... however heating in the home is something I want to keep on the Omnipro as it is rock solid. Could you imagine trying to explain to the wife the reason there is no heating is because the PC I my Homeseer running on is running a Windows update

I've attached some screen shots of the Temperature/Humidity sensors in PC Access and a screen shot of their zone status

Thanks,
          Deano
          Attached Files

Comment

Ah. I think I see now. You would want to set those setpoints from HS/HAI Plugin - right?
            I could see where that would be beneficial without having to use PC Access and you could still use HS triggers for when those setpoints are tripped.

I'll add it to the list...

Comment

Hi Rob,

I really need to modify the setpoints from within the Homeseer/Hai plugin, not just read them.

This way the family can easily update the desired heating level from the same homeseer interface they are use to using, however should homeseer fail.... the HAI control panel with continue to act on the last know setting.

P.S A huge thank you for all the work you have done on this plug-in, absolutely brilliant!

Thanks,
              Dean.

Comment

Originally posted by dean View Post
                Hi Rob,

I really need to modify the setpoints from within the Homeseer/Hai plugin, not just read them.

This way the family can easily update the desired heating level from the same homeseer interface they are use to using, however should homeseer fail.... the HAI control panel with continue to act on the last know setting.

P.S A huge thank you for all the work you have done on this plug-in, absolutely brilliant!

Thanks,
                Dean.
                Thanks for the kind words, dean!

Yeah, I envision being able to set the high/low setpoints from within the HS Device page. A couple of CAPI controls on there will allow you to do this from HS or even HSTouch.

Comment

Hi Rob

Just checking in, is this still on the road map?

All the best
                  Dean

Comment

Originally posted by dean View Post
                    Hi Rob

Just checking in, is this still on the road map?

All the best
                    Dean
                    It is definitely on the roadmap, I just need some time to put it together.

Comment

Hi All,

I had a brainwave the other day. My issue is not being able to increase or decrease the High or Low Setpoints on the Extended Range Temperature and Humidity sensors from within Homeseer.

To overcome this I created a 'Button' in PC Access which, when pressed, increased the Setpoint value by 0.5 of a degree, and another which decreased the Setpoint value by 0.5 of a degree.

It is far from elegant, and yes it requires 4 buttons per sensor, but buttons are supported on Robs plugin!!!!

Now I can change the values, I just need to some way of reading the current Setpoint values into Homeseer, Otherwise I'm flying blind :-(

Any Ideas?????

Deano.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Hi Rob,

I spent the evening playing with code and I may be on to something.

I can see that the Unt.CopyAuxStatus
                        Attached Files

Comment

Dean
                          I have just added setting low/high setpoints for temperature/humidity sensors.
                          It will be in v3.0.1.25

Thanks
                          Rob

Comment

Working...
                          X