Anyone using HLC HAI UPB for their OP2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone using HLC HAI UPB for their OP2?

Today started to switch over my OP2 UPB to HCL.

Note that here I just configured the PCS, HAI and SA switches per HAI documents posted on old HAI knowledgebase and Cocoontech:

Going really slow with this as I have historically changed to HLC then back to UPB a few years back.

Can I configure non-HLC products to work like the HAI Lighting Control Scheme?

[ATTACH]60257[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH]60258[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH]60259[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH]60260[/ATTACH]

Curious if anyone is using HLC switches?

@Rob - will the plugin be configured for scenes and links sometime in the future?
    Last edited by Pete; March 24, 2017, 09:02 AM.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Hi Pete!
    Yes - the latest version has a Scene tab that is available to test different scene settings. I need for folks who use scene controllers via HLC to test it out and give me some feedback. Once I see how HAI processes those commands, I can use that info to build the HS devices to support Scene control via events.

Give them a try and send me the logs so I can see what worked and what didnt.
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Thank you Rob.

Trying a bit but not sure how to send a scene command.

HLC scene controller unit number is 33 here.

Watching logs with tail and see:

3/23/2017 7:49:57 PM [2] [hlc]
      3/23/2017 7:49:57 PM [2] [ExecuteHLCSceneSet: 0 2]
      3/23/2017 7:51:12 PM [2] [hlc]
      3/23/2017 7:51:12 PM [2] [ExecuteHLCSceneSet: 0 2]
      3/23/2017 7:52:06 PM [2] [hlc]
      3/23/2017 7:52:06 PM [2] [ExecuteHLCSceneOn: 33 1]

It doesn't seem to be changing the lighting.

Not totally sure how to use the scene command in the plugin.
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Do this for me: go into PC access and control your scene, then take a screenshot of the PC access screen that has that send command dialog and let me see which commands work.

Sent from my Galaxy S7 Edge using Tapatalk

Comment

Been removing PCS / HAI switches replacing them with SA switches (only US1-40 switches - baby step wise).

Took screen shots relating to controlling a scene A which is 80% which worked.

A few seconds later the scene goes off by itself status wise but lights remain on.

Logging shows - which doesn't make sense to me.

VERBOSE: UnitStatus: 33 Main Floor, Status: SCENE A
          VERBOSE: UnitStatus: 34 TV Room, Status: OFF
          VERBOSE: UnitStatus: 35 Dining Room, Status: OFF
          VERBOSE: UnitStatus: 36 Front Foyer1, Status: OFF
          VERBOSE: UnitStatus: 37 Hallway Back, Status: OFF
          VERBOSE: UnitStatus: 33 Main Floor, Status: OFF
          VERBOSE: UnitStatus: 38 Garage, Status: OFF
          VERBOSE: UnitStatus: 33 Main Floor, Status: ON
          VERBOSE: UnitStatus: 34 TV Room, Status: ON
          VERBOSE: UnitStatus: 35 Dining Room, Status: ON
          VERBOSE: UnitStatus: 36 Front Foyer1, Status: ON
          VERBOSE: UnitStatus: 37 Hallway Back, Status: ON
          VERBOSE: UnitStatus: 38 Garage, Status: ON

Turning Scene A on for main floor - Unit 33 is a virtual HAI room controller

VERBOSE: UnitStatus: 34 TV Room, Status: ON
          VERBOSE: UnitStatus: 35 Dining Room, Status: ON
          VERBOSE: UnitStatus: 36 Front Foyer1, Status: ON
          VERBOSE: UnitStatus: 37 Hallway Back, Status: ON
          VERBOSE: UnitStatus: 38 Garage, Status: ON

A few seconds later status changes to off but lights remained on

VERBOSE: UnitStatus: 34 TV Room, Status: OFF
          VERBOSE: UnitStatus: 35 Dining Room, Status: OFF
          VERBOSE: UnitStatus: 36 Front Foyer1, Status: OFF
          VERBOSE: UnitStatus: 37 Hallway Back, Status: OFF
          VERBOSE: UnitStatus: 38 Garage, Status: OFF

Still working on the above matrix moving stuff around from UPB unit numbers renumbering them to HLC. I tried this once before a few years back.

[ATTACH]60269[/ATTACH]
          - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Hey - that helps tremendously - let me get back to you on this - thanks!

Comment

Thank you Rob.

Many folks that have been using the OmniPro 2 panel started with all HAI OmniPro stuff including just HAI HLC switches many years ago.
              - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Hey Pete,

I have HLC running via the OP2 for all of my lighting, for any Non-HAI or HLC use (Some PCS, SA and other HAI UPB stuff), I have them running UPB on a separate network ID using Spud's Plug-In. I am almost done adding the Room Controllers to all of the rooms and also have two of the 8-Button House Status Controllers on the HLC Network. I haven't tried to monitor the Status Switches or the Room Controllers in HS3 yet but I can help test some of the scenarios you guys run into along the way since I have this stuff in use too.

-Travis

Comment

Great news Travis!
                  - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Tinkering a bit here relating to UPB, HAI UPB Repeater, PCS Phase coupler and SA Phase coupler on separate breakers. I am aware that the PCS, SA and HAI switches are of different UPB types. Thinking that SA switches are Gen1 while HAI switches are of Gen2?

I have all similiar HAI switches here and a variety of SA switches which US2-40 are more prevalent than US1-40 switches. I am testing only the US1-40 switches for this test.

The US2-40 switches I use are all multipaddle. I also have a few of the dual load / multiple paddle type SA switches.
                    - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Playing some more thia morning.

It is all about links and links which are scenes such that thinking that the base API treats these all the same whether you are using HLC or UPB.

So sniffing the UPB network watching what the switches see.

I toggle one switch on.

Here is the Link packet on the network when toggling the switch on which is the link packet leaving the switch.

3/25/2017 10:35:02 AM UPB Link Pkt Rep Req: 0 (None) D Len: 9 Ack Req: 0 (None) Trns Cnt: 1 Seq Num: 0 Net ID: 108 Src ID: 37 Dest ID: 242 D Bytes: 2 Msg: !( 0)Core Commands-( 0)Null! V 0, 0

Here is the direct packet leaving the switch when toggled on via the switch.

3/25/2017 10:35:03 AM UPB Direct Pkt Rep Req: 0 (None) D Len: 8 Ack Req: 0 (None) Trns Cnt: 1 Seq Num: 0 Net ID: 108 Src ID: 37 Dest ID: 0 D Bytes: 1 Msg: !( 4)Core Reports-( 6)Device State! V 100

PCA using HLC mode only sees the link status in the status unit tab. IE: the HAI plugin doesn't see the link status of the HLC unit and the scene controllers are just virtual link controllers.

Via PCA Unit 37 drop down box sees:

[ATTACH]60294[/ATTACH]

Via PCA room 5 virtual device scene controller sees the following. Note that it will do an ON, OFF, SceneA,B,C,D for every device in the room (which is 7 devices). Here have configured outside lights as one room. Front and back coach lights and landscaping lights (these do not dim though).

[ATTACH]60295[/ATTACH]

Scene A-D for Room 5 includes switch 37

[ATTACH]60297[/ATTACH]

ON and OFF for Room5 includes switch 37

[ATTACH]60296[/ATTACH]

So here when I go to the Room 5 virtual controller defined in PCA via the plugin and turn it on it does turn every light on defined in the room. The status of the variables room unit and switches all goes on. The lights remain on. BUT a few seconds later the variable status changes to off for the room and all of the lights except that the lights remain on. I am not sure why this is so right now as I am using UPB SA 1-40 switches configured in HLC mode on the OP2 panel. I see the same thing happening with debug logs and HAILogger application and the Omnitouch 5.7e screen relating to the control scene screen. Note while this is happening the lights remain on although their status goes off. Next will shut off the plugin and watch the Omnitouch screen 5.7e scene control. OK so confirmed here that the plugin in HLC unit mode is shutting off the status. IE: when I disabled the plugin and used the Omnitouch 5.7e screen to turn on room 5 the status remained on until I manually shut it off via the Omnitouch 5.7e

See attached.

[ATTACH]60299[/ATTACH]

I am going to reconfigure the room stuff a bit such that will call it main floor hallways which takes care of two hallways on the main floor such that the virtual room controller controls just two hallway UPB switches: on, off, scenes a-d.

Switching over test hallway switch to an HAI switch. (maybe a few other UPB switches to HAI to be able test with).
                      Last edited by Pete; March 25, 2017, 10:51 PM.
                      - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Side note here Rob.

Currently tinkering in a HAI Omnipro users home with some 70 plus HAI switches. Over the years the switches and rooms got a bit discombobulated.

They only did utilize the OmniPro 2 to program the switches sans any software and only one Omnitouch 3.5" screen.

Recently they called Leviton for support. Leviton sent an Upstart expert and he redid their UPB network the Upstart way and made their HLC stuff not work anymore in the same manner that they were used to it working.

Many of the switches now are out of order and not in the room sections that they were originally configured. IE: so they have a room configured say starting with unit 33 and devices in the room with same links but numbered 70 which messes a bit with their stuff.

Here started with HAI mostly then added PCS and then added SA such that I started with HAI then liked the multiple paddle dual load SA switches and wanted smaller footprints such that I went to the UPB direction instead of the original HLC direction. Many folks though like the above example stayed in the HLC mode and still today only utilize their OmniPro 2 panel for security and automation and keep it all withing the Leviton HAI world.

Well and welcome the use of Homeseer to bring them to a more modern interface.

Here is a partial quickie snapshot of their switches which I have reconfigured in Upstart such that it doesn't exist yet in their real HLC world.

I am having to touch every switch here one by one to get them back to the HLC world. It is very much of a learning experience here having left the HLC world many many years ago.

[ATTACH]60350[/ATTACH]
                        Last edited by Pete; March 27, 2017, 05:13 AM.
                        - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Working...
                        X