Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i'm glad you figured out a workaround. since it seems to be a mono implementation issue there isn't much I can do within the plugin.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Yes! Thanks for the support!

Comment

Regarding the static IP, it is right, the GUI does not work. HS should update the software, it is trying to write de IP data to the file /etc/network/Interfaces but it should write to the file /etc/dhcpcd.conf

It's been like this since the first Zee. I never touch it these days. The static IP / DHCP configuration is not present in HS3 Pro.
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
        HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
        HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Licensed Plugin without internet

The symptom and cause makes sense since most home routers will pass ISP DNS servers to the DHCP config.

At home all of my stuff runs on DHCP IP reservation to mac addresses. I did have a problem with RPI's that was tied to their MAC address appearing to change after boot. I resolved my issue and adjusted my base configuration image that I use to deploy new RPIs. Additionally, I run my own internal DNS off of my home firewall (PFSense) to do name resolutions for my internal networks. So I have never ran into this specific issue.

Updating the hosts file would circumvent the DNS query to the non-local subnet DNS servers and fix the problem. Alternatively, you could see if your home router supports DNS services. If so, you would need to adjust your DHCP server's configuration to hand out your local DNS server instead of the ISP's non-local subnet DNS servers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hi Kerat,

I also use reserved IP addresses for all my stuff at home. In this case for the Zee/MNSandler plugin it does not work. If I have a power outage and then all the network equipment turns on together, the router which is also the DHCP server, begins delivering the IP addresses after approximately 2 minutes. Meanwhile the Zee/plugin are already finished booting up and the communication to the Hub has already failed due to the lack of IP in the Zee.

Regarding using a DNS server in my home router, I think it can handle, I use a Ubiquiti Edgerouter, I have to check this, did not use before.

Comment

Licensed Plugin without internet

Good observation regarding your home router's boot up time. My firewall bounces pretty quick. PFSense allows you to build the system on your own hardware. Mine is built on an i5 with 4 GB RAM and a 128 GB SSD. My system's POST time is less than 8 seconds, and I can see the terminal at around 12 seconds. Some of my other resources do take longer to load (ACME, RADIUS, etc)

Have you considered running a backup UPS for your network equipment? I run a backup UPS on my home network rack. My firewall, core switch, NAS, wireless AP power injector, wireless controller and HS3 server are all on backup. I just replaced the batteries in the UPS a few months ago, and when I tested I get 22 minutes of up time. Our power outages are normally less than 5 minutes of ever, so for my situation it is satisfactory. I don't remember the last time I had an out of band bounce on the rack since installing it. It works so well that I, actually, had to put a reboot schedule in place that reboots the firewall, core switch, wireless controller, and wireless access point every 60 days to fix issues related to instabilities that I noticed between 90 and 180 days on my wireless controller running on an RPI, and HTPC server running on windows 10.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Last edited by Kerat; May 3, 2017, 04:39 PM.

Comment

Your post convinced me to connect a UPS directly to the PFSense firewall today.

My boot up times are slower here probably due to using a SATA old notebook drive rather than an SSD drive.

Well just noticed I have foot shooting mode enabled (F1 Prompt). Will disable ti.

BTW updated PFSense today to :

2.3.4-RELEASE (amd64)
                built on Wed May 03 15:13:29 CDT 2017
                FreeBSD 10.3-RELEASE-p19

It is an old APC Back-UPS NS 1250 that needs a battery.

[ATTACH]61011[/ATTACH]
                - Pete

Auto mator
                Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Working...
                X