Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Feature Request] Modernize Changing Status Information on Devices

Updating Device Text & Status is frustrating and tedious

1. We should be able to setup 1 device, and choose multiple devices to copy those properties to.

2. Drag-n-Drop for images with sidebar list of the images... yes, please update to be in line with the last decade of UI design.

I'm updating over 100 devices manually and many will have the same exact status text and gfx, like 27 security panel zones.

It will take me a few hours to update all of this because this GUI is so archaic and slow and manual.

I'd prefer to have a text file to update because at least I could copy/paste quickly. After just doing 4 of these my hand and mouse button is sore from clicking!

Why is the HS GUI stuck in the year 1999? Prince died... 1999 is no longer cool!

I too would like to update the status image for a bunch of devices.. do I really have to go into each device, browse to find the image I want, select it, save, go to the next device and repeat? Is there really no way to select a bunch of devices in the device list and then update the status images for all of them in bulk? I can move devices, hide them, delete them in bulk, but no way to update their settings and images in bulk?

Comment

While I agree with you that these types of things are really nice to have - and I agree with your feature request, but keep in mind that while we were at CES last week I realized that the show would be really small if one was to only allow technology companies that existed back in 1999.

In other words, HomeSeer Technologies existing back in 1999 but not many other of todays companies that think they know what home automation is. Most of everything new is "home remote control" rather than home automation.

I predict that most of the smaller companies exhibiting at CES this year will not make it to the next few years as their attitude is "we are here, we are the best, and no we do not want to integrate with anyone else because our solution is the best!".

Yeah, right! Why did HomeSeer Technologies make it this long? Because they integrate with most of everyone due to their open and published API!

Thanks Rich!
      HomeSeer 2, HomeSeer 3, Allonis myServer, Amazon Alexa Dots, ELK M1G, ISY 994i, HomeKit, BlueIris, and 6 "4k" Cameras using NVR, and integration between all of these systems. Home Automation since 1980.

Comment

Originally posted by Krumpy View Post
        While I agree with you that these types of things are really nice to have - and I agree with your feature request, but keep in mind that while we were at CES last week I realized that the show would be really small if one was to only allow technology companies that existed back in 1999.

In other words, HomeSeer Technologies existing back in 1999 but not many other of todays companies that think they know what home automation is. Most of everything new is "home remote control" rather than home automation.

I predict that most of the smaller companies exhibiting at CES this year will not make it to the next few years as their attitude is "we are here, we are the best, and no we do not want to integrate with anyone else because our solution is the best!".

Yeah, right! Why did HomeSeer Technologies make it this long? Because they integrate with most of everyone due to their open and published API!

Thanks Rich!
        ... Chill your chubby. Your points (while accurate) are not relevant to the discussion.

But to humor you a bit... HS code was from the 90ss and STILL IS. The HS app is seriously dated and gapped in NUMEROUS WAYS. The point of this thread is to draw attention to one of the larger gaps.

I'm going to post a full review of HS3 that will bring out many, many more.

Comment

You do realize that I agree with you in terms of your feature request. HomeSeer and products from HST have never been famous for beautiful and artistic graphic design.

I just have a different view point in terms of the side comments, and have a different view point of the "business" side of things. HomeSeer Technologies will focus on features that drive business. Like it or not, that is how they stay in business.

Please do your review of HS3. It will be interesting. Please do also publish your credentials if the review is anything other than your opinions. Don't miss understand, opinions are important and do matter. Your industry credentials are welcomed as then we can better understand why your view or published words are what they are.

By they way, your reference to Prince... He was my "neighbor" in a relative and macro point of view. He is dearly missed. One may not like his "pop" music, but he was definitely an artist.
          HomeSeer 2, HomeSeer 3, Allonis myServer, Amazon Alexa Dots, ELK M1G, ISY 994i, HomeKit, BlueIris, and 6 "4k" Cameras using NVR, and integration between all of these systems. Home Automation since 1980.

Comment

Working...
          X