Making Homeseer Phone a plugin poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Making Homeseer Phone a plugin poll

This is related to Linux users of Homeseer and running HSPhone on a wintel VB or Windows box remotely connected to the Linux mothership.

I do that today with Windows Homeseer 3 only plugins and it works fine. Personally I do not understand why HSPhone is still integrated to Homeseer 3 for windows when it can be just a separate and included plugin. It was very nice that Rich ported over HSPhone from Homeseer 2 to Homeseer 3. I am just looking here to making it modular and usable in Linux.

Here at home use analog copper, VOIP and cellular telephone lines. IE: cell phones are not utilized in home nor am I tethered to any cell phone today.

I mix it and utilize a multiline phones (IE: Panasonic and Siemens). Wife prefers using Panasonic over the Siemens multiline phones.

Ideally it would be nice to have an asterisk Homeseer Plugin or some mechanism or plugin available in Homeseer to manage VOIP. Only thing is too is that there are many ways to do this. Ideally just some sort of PBX / VOIP management plugin talking to a Linux/Wintel based Homeseer custom PBX would work maybe?
    Yes
    63.33%
    No
    6.67%
    Don't care
    30.00%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by Pete; May 21, 2017, 12:35 PM.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb

HS4 Pro - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Great idea.

Seems like most people are only using cell phones; it would be great if there were a way to marry the bluetooth to HSPhone or an asterisk equivalent.
    Don

Comment

Yes.

There are hybrid PBX's now (used and cheap) that you can combine analog, cellular and network telephones (always been there) to a voip telephone.

It is all going to the cloud such that they analog combo hybrid PBX is old technology.

I am doing this sort of with my combo modem (with 2 hour battery) (with SIM) using it as a back up to VOIP and Copper and internet. It provides an always on dial tone.

The old Cisco Openpeak device that you have (it's still here) was a combo device with built in DECT, VOIP from the cloud and Bluetooth (and SIM card and Gb NIC and wireless card).

Those combo wireless cellular devices for home today come with wireless handsets. You just connect your cell phone to the device and use that number with the wireless handsets. You just connect your cell phone to it when you go home. It is just one number.

Many retired neighbors here use those as their primary internet and home phone today cuz they are portable and they take them with them where they live for months at a time. That said internet usage is sort of metered and garbage with 3G / 4G lousy connections. Phone works fine.

Check this site out (note that I do not work for this company). Note US cellular vendors want you to utilize their stuff.

xLink communications.
      Last edited by Pete; May 21, 2017, 01:28 PM.
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

I don't care if it is a plugin or integrated but I need HSPhone to continue to be supported. I depend on it every day for Caller ID announcements so I don't go rushing towards the phone only to find it is one of the many nuisance calls I get each day. I don't carry a cell phone around when I am at home and don't expect that will ever change so good support for wired phone technologies continues to be important.

Comment

Thanks for the link Pete. That is what I'm using now, tied to a PBX. With our new 'bitchen high speed Satellite ISP we can no longer use the WiFi phone function. Oh well....
          Don

Comment

I have one o these Dock n' Talk devices hooked to the PBX. It acts just like another line on the PBX, dial tone etc., acts like a plain ole pots line, [old fashion telephone line. Had it for many years and it works great. Gary

https://www.amazon.com/PhoneLabs-Doc.../dp/B001T7H9GG

Don't think I paid that much for it long ago.

Comment

Just an update here before I close this poll.

I do not see much interest in making hsphone a plugin.

Running Linux here.

It would br nice to just run the plugin in a wintel VB
              - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

I bought a new mini pc, and had planned on installing/configuring HS3 from scratch onto Ubuntu server. Halfway into the process, I realized I needed windows for HSPhone. So that certainly messed up my plans. Back to windows it was.

Comment

Working...
                X