This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trigger event on heartbeat when no device status change

I have a door sensor (a DS10A) mounted on a mobile platform and I need to know if it has left the vicinity. The DS10A has an hourly "heartbeat" and I want to log every one it generates. I'll know its gone when I stop hearing heartbeats.

My problem is that I've removed the magnets and the DS10A only repeats its current status (Alert in this case), and that status remains the same. And HomeSeer only triggers on value or status changes. So with an Alert followed by another Alert an hour later, the second Alert will not raise a trigger because it will not constitute a change.

(BTW, I know that I could set the Security tab on the W800's plug-in properties to "force value change whenever a command is received". But I have other, stationary, sensors in the system whose "heartbeats" I do not want to register.)

I've have created for the DS10A a trigger on Change to Alert, and included in the trigger the Device Action to change this particular DS10A's status (within HomeSeer) back from Alert to Normal after 5 seconds. So if I get an Alert signal the Device Screen shows Normal, then Alert, and then after 5 seconds back to Normal. So presumably it should be prepped to trigger on the next Alert signal. But the next Alert comes and it is not seen as a change.

This makes me think that besides Last Change HomeSeer is storing the status it observed at the Last Heard From time, and if the device has not changed status from Last Heard From time it will not trigger an event--regardless of what HomeSeer's Device Screen says the DS10A's status is.

So my question--is there a way to trigger an event from reoccurring signals where the status value has not changed from last time--without checking the "force value change whenever a command is received" security tab setting?

Thanks for any help

Alan Shilepsky
    alan@redwingtechnologies.com

Alan,

Did you ever find a solution?

The problem I think is that it is not HomeSeer that isn't sending the status, it is the plug-in.

Actually I might have a use for this also, which is why I am asking.

What would be nice would be the ability to set the "force value change" option by device rather than have it be a general option.

Bill

Comment

Working...
    X