Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feature request - fade rate

Hello,

I would like to know if it is possible to add an API (even if only callable from a script) to control the fade rate of a UPB on/off command.

I am trying to mimic behavior I had in my ELK where I had "Set light xx to 65%, Fade rate = x"

Thanks,
    Mike

The fade rate can be set using UpStart. AFAIK the HS plug-in is designed to work with, but not duplicate UpStart features.

PS. Does the Elk actually allow you to control fade rate on UPB by event? I wonder why?
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Thanks for the feedback - Yes, you can set the fade rate in UPStart - that is the fade rate when you press the local control.

I admit this is an esoteric use, but the behavior I had previously was:

- 'Default' fade rate was set in upstart that was the normal (in my case, fast) fade rate.
      - When I controlled the device with a 'rule' I had specified a different fade rate. In the example I had the foyer lights turn off with a very slow (30 second) fade at night.

I know I could do this by defining a link - just wondering if there was some way to do it without the link.

Comment

Working...
      X