CT100 / HS3Pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CT100 / HS3Pro

I have two CT100 units. One is in direct connection with the ZNET and the other goes through a repeater. However, both experience the same behavior. Sometimes I will change the temp through HS3Touch and the setting won't change for up to a minute. Sometimes it will change right away, but the Operating State won't change for minutes. The associations are setup correctly in the Z-Wave tab, so why are they lagging?

I would love for these to work right, but I can't say it's ever been 100% since day one. I am seriously considering ditching them and replacing with Arduinos.

The Operating State on these does not support Instant Status, so that child device will only update when polled. I use CT30s and they work the same. I use power monitors on my furnaces and have events that will poll those child devices when there's a major change in power usage. If the thermostats are not battery powered, you could increase the polling frequency on them.

Sent from my Phone using Tapatalk
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

There's a long standing firmware bug in the CT100 that affects status updates back to HomeSeer. Sometimes, it works... sometimes not. The GoControl TBZ48 is what we currently recommend to replace the CT100. It can be powered solely by batteries, if need be (like the CT100) and it supports associations so updates HomeSeer instantly when the status changes.

here's what it looks like: https://shop.homeseer.com/collection...ave-thermostat
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post
        There's a long standing firmware bug in the CT100 that affects status updates back to HomeSeer. Sometimes, it works... sometimes not. The GoControl TBZ48 is what we currently recommend to replace the CT100. It can be powered solely by batteries, if need be (like the CT100) and it supports associations so updates HomeSeer instantly when the status changes.

here's what it looks like: https://shop.homeseer.com/collection...ave-thermostat
        Thanks, I'll check those out.
        Yes, both of these units are powered by 12vdc, so not a battery issue here.

Comment

Does anyone know if the reported issues with the CT100 applies to the CT100 Plus newer model? I was leaning that way as it has humidity sensor, and thought Z-Wave Plus would be an advantage. I see the GoControl TBZ48 recommended, but it doesn't have humidity sensor from what I'm reading. Also looking at Trane XL624.

Comment

Originally posted by klafollette View Post
            Does anyone know if the reported issues with the CT100 applies to the CT100 Plus newer model? I was leaning that way as it has humidity sensor, and thought Z-Wave Plus would be an advantage. I see the GoControl TBZ48 recommended, but it doesn't have humidity sensor from what I'm reading. Also looking at Trane XL624.

I'd like to know as well.
            Michael

Comment

I just bought 2 TBZ48 thermostats and surprise, surprise, they're Z-Wave Plus certified. Still no humidity sensor though!

Comment

Originally posted by klafollette View Post
                +1 on the CT100 Plus

Comment

So I just acquired 2 of the CT100 Plus stats and installed them a couple of days ago, relying on instructions from this manual: https://products.z-wavealliance.org/products/1798. Reason being, the units arrived with no documentation and a sticker on top pointing you to the RadioThermostat website to download the CT100 Plus manual, which does not exist. I'm reasonably certain that the documentation on the zwavealliance website is outdated/not current as some of the functions mentioned I have yet to find, some of the steps are vague, and some of the linked pages are wrong. Nonetheless, I've got the basics of the stat working and it's connected to my HomeSeer.

As for the instant status capabilities, these seem to be lacking still even with the plus, but since I have a Cwire which provides the constant 24V, and the internal stat battery backup, I enabled polling every minute on temp and operating state, and every 5min for relative humidity.

I've got an email out to RadioThermostat support inquiring of some features they claim the unit can do, but I cannot seem to find anywhere. Hopefully their support is responsive.

Comment

Hi. I am thinking about getting the ct100 plus. Did you ever get a reply or get updates to work?

Comment

Working...
                    X