Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Control Occupancy Virtual Device with Alexa?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Control Occupancy Virtual Device with Alexa?

I followed the How To and made my virtual device for home, away, and night. But I cant figure out how to trigger them with Alexa, she seems to be only able to do on and off commands. On my vera I was able to do this with new events and just trigger them.

So 500+ views and nobody can help? Even a "this can't be done" would be helping.

Comment

This can be done, but not directly with the current setup you have (not telling homeseer). You would need to create virtual devices to control this one and then you can voice control those, "Alexa, turn off blah blah". Otherwise you would need to use the skill instead (Alexa, Tell Homeseer to). This gives you a bit more control, especially if you are using Jon's alexa script.

A little more detail on what the device does and what you are wanting to do exactly, will get you more answer. Right now it's a little vague other then you want to control a virtual device by name.

Comment

IFFT is perfect for this!

I use IFTTT and say "Alexa, Trigger Bedtime". IFFT triggers Bedtime event. I have set up virtual devices that are updated when say Bedtime event is triggered via IFFT.

Comment

Working...
        X