X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

** IMPORTANT INFO REGARDING HAI PLUGIN **

--HAI Plugin Users--

The latest version (3.0.1.27) will be the last version released as beta. The next version will be 3.0.2.1 and will require to use your license that you have already purchased. If you have not purchased a license, the 3.0.1.27 version will continue to function, you just will not be able to receive bug fixes or enhancements.

On this same note, the plugin will be renamed from HAI to OMNI. I've had some calls with Leviton and the name change better fits their marketing direction for the OMNI line of controllers. So, everywhere you see HAI, it will be replaced with OMNI.

This opens up the potential for problems. First, I dont think a plugin has ever been renamed before. HST will be addressing any back-end changes, such as the updater, store, licenses, etc. As always, post your issue here and we'll work to get you going.

There is a possibility that during the uninstall/removal of the HAI plugin, your devices and events will need to be rebuilt. I'll be testing this in hopes that I can come up with a way where you do not lose your current config. Believe me, my system is also impacted and I'd rather not lose my devices/events either.

Timeline: I will be releasing the new version by the end of next week (7/28). I'll be doing as much testing as I can up to the release.

You are not obligated to update as soon as the new plugin is released. Take your time and update whenever it is convenient for you. Everything will continue to function as it does today.

Let me know if you have any questions or ideas on migrating; this is going to be challenging.
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

You're killing me Smalls!! If I lose all those custom graphics, labels and ranges for each device I am going to go bonkers!!!! I am still on .18 to boot!

-Travis

Comment

Originally posted by Daweeze View Post
      You're killing me Smalls!! If I lose all those custom graphics, labels and ranges for each device I am going to go bonkers!!!! I am still on .18 to boot!

-Travis
      Ha! No, your devices should be fine but just make a backup in case we need it.

Sent from my Galaxy S7 Edge using Tapatalk

Comment

Wait for new version?

Hi:
        Have enjoyed using the plugin without issue for quite a while: the version i have installed is 3.0.1.17. I purchased a license almost immediately.

I've never upgraded because the updater has never shown that an update was available, and the plugin has been working flawlessly for my needs, including working with the Alexa skill and commingling with zwave.

Just this last week, however, the plugin has started to hang: starting with a logged "plugin isn't responding, but not restarting yet," and the ultimately getting the error "Calling SetIOMulti in plugin HAI: Object reference not set to an instance of an object." Restarting the plugin gets it to behave for hours, but it then inevitably hangs again.

I've read the forum about HAI panel date/time issues, be everything looks fine there.

So my question in general is if you have thoughts about fixing the error, and more specifically why I'm not seeing the updates in the updater, and whether the newest version could fix all this as I've already purchased a license.

Thanks! --Tony

Comment

Originally posted by awvidmer View Post
          Hi:
          Have enjoyed using the plugin without issue for quite a while: the version i have installed is 3.0.1.17. I purchased a license almost immediately.

I've never upgraded because the updater has never shown that an update was available, and the plugin has been working flawlessly for my needs, including working with the Alexa skill and commingling with zwave.

Just this last week, however, the plugin has started to hang: starting with a logged "plugin isn't responding, but not restarting yet," and the ultimately getting the error "Calling SetIOMulti in plugin HAI: Object reference not set to an instance of an object." Restarting the plugin gets it to behave for hours, but it then inevitably hangs again.

I've read the forum about HAI panel date/time issues, be everything looks fine there.

So my question in general is if you have thoughts about fixing the error, and more specifically why I'm not seeing the updates in the updater, and whether the newest version could fix all this as I've already purchased a license.

Thanks! --Tony
          Strange that it happened recently - did anything change on your network recently? You could try moving the ethernet connection to a different port, preferably on a hub.

The updates to the plugin are at the very bottom of the updater list - under the beta section.

Comment

Panel Connection

Thanks for the quick response.

Of course, plugin is Beta. Duh. Thanks.

Actually, I did clean up my network switches a few weeks ago: the Homeseer box passes through a Gigabit Switch on the way to the main router where the Omni is attached. But no problems until now. Hmmm. So the error is a communications dropout?

Better to have them both live directly attached to the router? Or both on the same switch?

Comment

Yeah, there are issues with the ethernet controller in the panel when plugged into a gigabit switch. If you have a 10/100 hub, it is recommended to use that between the panel and switch.

Comment

I've removed the switches in-between the panel and the box, now both meet at the router switch: so far (4 hours) it's remained stable with no warnings.

I don't have a 10/100 switch: should I get one to hang the Omni off of to ensure stability?

Thanks so much for setting me in the right direction. Cheers!

Comment

Leave it running like that for a while and see if it drops.
                  That ethernet port in the panel is really old technology that doesn't play well with newer stuff.

Comment

Ok Rob, so I moved to 3.0.1.27 and all seems well. I also moved to HS3 3.0.0.344 to boot. Looking forward to the formal release!

-Travis

Comment

Rob,

Any progress with the reconnection issues? i.e. after connection drops it never reconnects?

Madas
                      Last edited by madas; July 23, 2017, 04:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pete
                        @Antony

Here using a microrouter to alleviate the network issues. I have the wireless disabled.

Smallest one I could find. It is powered by the panel and works well with the network stuff.

[ATTACH]62394[/ATTACH]
                        Hi,
                        What's the purpose of using that router? It only has two ports. If you're not using the wireless, then that's one port to the network, and one port to the Omni. Where do you connect the Homeseer controller??
                        Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by madas View Post
                          Rob,

Any progress with the reconnection issues? i.e. after connection drops it never reconnects?

Graham
                          Yes. I have made some incremental changes for disconnects. Try the new version when released.

Comment

What's the purpose of using that router? It only has two ports. If you're not using the wireless, then that's one port to the network, and one port to the Omni.

A few years ago when the number of devices on the home network went up to over 50 I started to get weird disconnect issues on the OmniPro 2 panel. I never had any issues with OP2 panel number 2 with less than 10 devices on the network.

I called up HAI at the time as I thought there was something wrong with my OP2 panel.

I asked about sending it in to repair. HAI technical support said that the NIC on the OP2 panel was too promiscuous and saw everything on the network and basically it couldn't handle the traffic. (broadcast and all of the devices). This issue would surface initially with my clock going off by hours in a day then over time it would affect my serially connected devices then I would get disconnects on the NIC. My fix at the time was to remove the network cable. All would be fine.

Initially tried putting the panel on a VLAN. That did not work.

One day connected an old DDWRT router I had around. It worked. No disconnects.

I just figured that using a router (layer 3 was filtering all of the traffic on the main network). I didn't like having to use a full size router to do this.

So I went looking to utilize a micro router. The first microrouters did not have two network ports; rather just one and wireless. 2nd generation microuters (known typically as travel routers) had two network ports.

I documented this stuff over on Cocoontech a few years back...

Where do you connect the Homeseer controller??

I connect the LAN port on the microuter to the OP2 panel NIC port. I connect the WAN port to a switch. The Homeseer controller connects to a switch. You can put the hometroller inside of the HAI can if you wanted to connecting it to the WAN port on the microrouter. BUT really you would need a micro mini switch inside of your OmniPro 2 panel can which would be a really tight fit. I have my OmniPro 2 can next to a Leviton 42" can with a 24 port managed Gb switch inside of it. That is where the other side (wan side of the microrouter) goes to. You can also enable the wireless with an external antenna so you can leave the RPi inside of the panel can and use wireless to access it.

I will post new pictures of the setup. The micro router is not noticed inside of the can. I also removed the old RJ31X jack and went to an external Leviton multiline phone patch panel with a RJ31X jack built in.

BTW here my Zee box is on a rack with a bunch of servers (looks funny sitting there).
                            - Pete

Auto mator
                            Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                            Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                            HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                            HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Excellent info, Pete!

Comment

Working...
                              X