Invoking an HS3 Event via JSON Interface

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Invoking an HS3 Event via JSON Interface

I've had a computer crash and lost all the work I did in running lighting events from Powerpoint (don't ask). So I need some help. I've gone back through the forum looking for the information from the first time, but I'm missing something and can't figure it out.

The JSON command is something like:

http://192.168.0.10:9999/JSON?reques...me=Lights%20On

I can put that into a shortcut and package it up and launch it from Powerpoint, but I get a couple of pop ups when I attempt to do that.

I think what I did before was launch the JSON command from PowerShell, but I've been unable to figure that out. I think there will still be a security pop up. I'm not sure how I'm going to get around that, since I'm a bit remiss to change the security settings as that may have contributed to the virus that wiped out the data.

Any help?

Any other options since this technique is a year or two old?

David

//192.168.1.**:80**/JSON?request=runevent&group=GROUPNAME&name=EVENTNAME for an event

//192.168.1.**:80**/JSON?request=controldevicebyvalue&ref=3570&value=0 for a device ref=device number and value the control value, often 0 for off and 1 for on but his nmay differe for different devices.

80** - replace with your port number

Comment

Yes, I'm using these commands, and have them working from a browser. But, I need to submit them from Powerpoint, so that the lights are automatically controlled as the presentation progresses. It's the Powerpoint side I need help with.

David

Comment

What version of PP are you running? See is this helps.
        https://support.office.com/en-us/art...6-575B0847A795
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Yes, that all used to work.

Then we updated to Windows 10 and the latest Office 365. Now you have to make some changes that are difficult to find and if I remember correctly, even had to make a manual registry edit.

David

Comment

Originally posted by david.delano View Post
            Yes, that all used to work.

Then we updated to Windows 10 and the latest Office 365. Now you have to make some changes that are difficult to find and if I remember correctly, even had to make a manual registry edit.

David
            Yep, it's simply not safe any linger according to Microsoft to have links in PP presentations. You will either have to do the changes or try something new.
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I'm willing to consider something different, such as a VB script, but I don't know if that will run into the same security restrictions, and I haven't found a good VB script to start from. All I'm finding are scripts to run on the HS3 side.

Comment

Does it help if you run PP as administrator?

tenholde
                tenholde

Comment

Hmmmmm......

I am an administrator, but I'd never thought to actually run PP as admin. I'll try that.

Comment

By the way, submitting the JSON commands as administrator is almost a worse solution. The entire screen goes black and asks me if I want to continue.

The problem with the pop ups is that they want to be over the presentation. If they popped up on the master monitor, I could live with it for now.

David

Comment

Working...
                    X