Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > Lighting & Primary Technology Plug-ins > Lighting & Primary Technology Discussion > UPB plugin by Spud (3P)

UPB plugin by Spud (3P) Spud UPB plugin discussions.

Old December 28th, 2017, 12:59 AM
Device address

Is there a way to get the UPB address encoded into the records that the REST getstatus call returns?

I have a bunch of switches. The "name" and "location" values are automatically provided from the UPB export file, but the device address is left out. All I have is a reference id. I'm not sure that I can count on a reference id to remain constant, especially when devices can be added and deleted.

I have a Javascript web app that displays the controlled switches using polygons that have been associated with the switch ids. I also have the "name" and "location" values, but am reluctant to use those in case the UPStart program is used to rename a given switch.

Any thoughts? Maybe populate "location2" with the device address?

Thanks in advance,

Old December 28th, 2017, 10:03 AM
There is an Address field that you can see from the device management page, if you enable it from Tools/setup/Custom.

For UPB devices, this field is populated with the network id + device id + channel, formatted like this

For UPB links, it's

However I'm not sure if you can get this address field from the JSON API