Thermostat use it really automation smart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thermostat use it really automation smart

I have ecobee as thermostats, I know they have sensors for occupancy and etc. but I was wondering if any of you automated them even further, like if no one is there for xx minutes and if outside temperature is below 30 F turn it on for xx minutes.

Aldo

In my experience with the Ecobee3 the occupancy status updates too slowly/irregularly to be useful for automation. I just let the thermostat do its own thing, and use motion sensors for automation tasks.
    HS Pro 3.0 | Linux Ubuntu 16.04 x64 virtualized under Proxmox (KVM)
    Hardware: Z-NET - W800 Serial - Digi PortServer TS/8 and TS/16 serial to Ethernet - Insteon PLM - RFXCOM - X10 Wireless
    Plugins: HSTouch iOS and Android, RFXCOM, BlueIris, BLLock, BLDSC, BLRF, Insteon PLM (MNSandler), Device History, Ecobee, BLRing, Kodi, UltraWeatherWU3
    Second home: Zee S2 with Z-Wave, CT101 Z-Wave Thermostat, Aeotec Z-Wave microswitches, HSM200 occupancy sensor, Ecolink Z-Wave door sensors, STI Driveway Monitor interfaced to Zee S2 GPIO pins.

Comment

I don't have Ecobee tied to HS but instead, I use IFTTT geofencing to do the switching of the Ecobee's mode.

If you have multiple family members, you can also use Life360 + Ifttt to make geofencing work for the entire family. I don't even think about my T-stat anymore.

Comment

Working...
      X