Controller Kwikset locks from Homeseer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Controller Kwikset locks from Homeseer

On my ELK M1, I have the Zwave loaded and working and been able to control the lights from Homeseer but cannot find any examples or information on controlling locks.
    I have set up the ULOCK and LOCK commands in the M1 but would like to control the locks from Homeseer.

Is that possible?

A few questions...

Can you successfully control the locks via the Elk proper? If not then this is the first step. I was not aware that it could, but some research shows that at least marketing materials show that it is supposed to work. I may be able to help you offline to get this working.

If the answer is yes, then are you asking how to get the plugin to control the locks via the Elk ZWave technology?
    HomeSeer 2, HomeSeer 3, Allonis myServer, Amazon Alexa Dots, ELK M1G, ISY 994i, HomeKit, BlueIris, and 6 "4k" Cameras using NVR, and integration between all of these systems. Home Automation since 1980.

Comment

As Krumpy stated, if the Elk can control the locks, then the plug-in should also be able to do it. How is the Elk currently doing it? Via a task or by controlling an output?

Regards,
      Ultrajones
      Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
        As Krumpy stated, if the Elk can control the locks, then the plug-in should also be able to do it. How is the Elk currently doing it? Via a task or by controlling an output?

Regards,
        Ultrajones
        I did track it down to my ELK not controlling it. Even though I associated the locks to the VRCOP, I still needed to do it through a terminal program and command lines. So I excluded all the devices in the Zwave network and started over.
        I now have the ELK controlling the locks but for some reason the plugin will not connect and get updates from the ELK. I have read the instructions over and over making sure my global variables are correct and using the unsecure 2101 port. This is not the first time I have been having problems connecting to the ELK and starting to get concerned this is not a stable connection which would be critical in an alarm condition.

Comment

Originally posted by Ckerch View Post
          I did track it down to my ELK not controlling it. Even though I associated the locks to the VRCOP, I still needed to do it through a terminal program and command lines. So I excluded all the devices in the Zwave network and started over.
          I now have the ELK controlling the locks but for some reason the plugin will not connect and get updates from the ELK. I have read the instructions over and over making sure my global variables are correct and using the unsecure 2101 port. This is not the first time I have been having problems connecting to the ELK and starting to get concerned this is not a stable connection which would be critical in an alarm condition.
          From your HomeSeer system, can you telnet to port 2101 on your Elk M1XEP? Example:

$ telnet 192.168.2.100 2101
          Trying 192.168.2.100...
          Connected to 192.168.2.100.
          Escape character is '^]'.

Once connected, open a door to confirm you're seeing the ASCII output written to the command window.

If you continue to have trouble, send me a private message with your telephone and I'll call you to discuss.

Regards,
          Ultrajones
          Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
            From your HomeSeer system, can you telnet to port 2101 on your Elk M1XEP? Example:

$ telnet 192.168.2.100 2101
            Trying 192.168.2.100...
            Connected to 192.168.2.100.
            Escape character is '^]'.

Once connected, open a door to confirm you're seeing the ASCII output written to the command window.

If you continue to have trouble, send me a private message with your telephone and I'll call you to discuss.

Regards,
            Ultrajones
            Tested out my connection last Friday using the above example and was able to connect and did get text strings. After connecting using the terminal connection, went back into HS and according to the plugin status page it said connected but the the status in device management shown it disconnected. The next day I started working on it again and noticed both the plugin and the device management shows connected. However, I have 25 Zwave devices loaded in the ELK but the lighting tab in the plugin only shows 20 devices even though I set it to 32 in the options tab.

Through the manage plugin, I disabled the ELK plug. When I re-enabled the plug in I received a "WARNING: Failed getting InterfaceStatus from UltraM1G3- the interface was not found in the list of active interfaces, the list may need to be refreshed."

On the ELK, I have M1XEP, M1XSLZW connected to VRCOP, M1 Gold.

Any ideas?

Carl
            Last edited by Ckerch; January 22, 2018, 08:01 PM.

Comment

1. Operating system is Windows 10
              2. Homeseer HS3 Pro running as a server on dedicated PC
              3. Antivirus is Windows Defender and is disable
              4. Security system is ELK M1
              ---------Internet connection is through M1EXP
              -------------Unsecured port is enabled and uses 2101
              ---------Z Wave is controlled through M1XSLZW setup as port 2
              -------------Connected to Leviton VRCOP (secondary controller)
              ---------Keypad is M1KP2
              ---------Windows/Motion contacts connected to M1XIN

After reloading the plugins and setting it up again, I have had consistence connection and all devices are appearing so I must have had something wrong with the initial setup/install.

I now am back to my original problem and that is trying to control locks and get status from Homeseer. In the ELK, I can control the locks using the "<LOCK#^M" command but not sure how to send the appropriate command from Homeseer.
              Do I send the same lock command or do I need to trigger something in the ELK? How is polling handled?
              If someone can point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it.

Thank You,
              Carl
              Last edited by Ckerch; February 4, 2018, 02:41 PM. Reason: Formatting

Comment

Does anyone control Z Wave locks from Homeseer when Z Wave controller is connected to an ELK M1?
                Do you use scripts or Virtual devices or some other method?

Comment

Carl,

Not sure if I count (since I don't have the M1G Z-wave interface), but I only use HomeSeer (though Z-Net) to control all my locks (and all my z-wave devices). I never wanted or saw a need to have a Zwave interface on M1G.

I use manually triggered events to lock/unlock, and then additionally set up voice triggers for those events for Alexa integration.

Regards,
                  Vector

Comment

Need kick start on sending lock commands to M!

Originally posted by Vector View Post
                    Carl,

Not sure if I count (since I don't have the M1G Z-wave interface), but I only use HomeSeer (though Z-Net) to control all my locks (and all my z-wave devices). I never wanted or saw a need to have a Zwave interface on M1G.

I use manually triggered events to lock/unlock, and then additionally set up voice triggers for those events for Alexa integration.

Regards,
                    Vector

Comment

Working...
                    X