This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wireless Linking with 2413U PLM???

I just picked up a dual-band 2413U PLM. I also got the Insteon adapter for my Venstar thermostat and 2420M motion detector. Unfortunately, I cannot get them to link!

I set Homeseer to tap-add and proceeded to put the motion detector into link mode. No joy. I was only 3 feet away from the PLM, so it was not an issue with range.

The only thing I can think of is that the 2413 PLM cannot link over RF. I don't see anything in the quick-start guide to confirm or deny this. I'd prefer not to buy a $40 access point or a $50 dual-band lamp module just to link devices!

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
    Chris

Originally posted by Chris Fox View Post
    I just picked up a dual-band 2413U PLM. I also got the Insteon adapter for my Venstar thermostat and 2420M motion detector. Unfortunately, I cannot get them to link!

I set Homeseer to tap-add and proceeded to put the motion detector into link mode. No joy. I was only 3 feet away from the PLM, so it was not an issue with range.

The only thing I can think of is that the 2413 PLM cannot link over RF. I don't see anything in the quick-start guide to confirm or deny this. I'd prefer not to buy a $40 access point or a $50 dual-band lamp module just to link devices!

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
    Chris
    Tap-Add never worked for me really well. I would try to add the MS manually using the address and see if that works.

Comment

Thanks Lee, I am now able to talk to the motion detector. I gave up too quick on the motion detector, after trying the manual link with the thermostat without luck.

I now suspect the signal is not making it from the thermostat to the PLM. Too bad, since it is only 15 feet away (though there are walls and some metal in the way). I'll try moving the PLM as close as possible...

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Fox View Post
        Thanks Lee, I am now able to talk to the motion detector. I gave up too quick on the motion detector, after trying the manual link with the thermostat without luck.

I now suspect the signal is not making it from the thermostat to the PLM. Too bad, since it is only 15 feet away (though there are walls and some metal in the way). I'll try moving the PLM as close as possible...

Chris
        That's good. As far as the thermostat, it is not directly supported by Mark's Insteon plugin and needs an external script to support it. Luckily enough, there has been alotta progress around this here:
        http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...381#post929381

Comment

Working...
        X