Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tom, if you delete and readd your test device, does it work then?
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Mark,

That seemed to do it.

I readded a few of the others and they all seem to work. Maybe now I can have heat and lights.

I really appreciate the help.

Tom

One more question before I let you go off and do more important things. If I have a device like a RemoteLinc is it better to link the controlled devices in the Remote Linc or let Homeseer sense the pressed key and allow the software to control the devices?

Comment

Tom,
        Glad its working

I don't have a remotelinc, so i can only give you the technical answer...

Try creating an insteon group (in the plugin) which includes the controlled device (as the responder) and the remotelinc btn as the controller. this should give you the best results. You will get immediate response from the controlled device (when you hit a remotelink btn) and homeseer should then see the msg and update your registered devices as necessary.

you will need to put the remotelinc into linking mode before you hit the 'program' btn so the plugin can program the necessary links.

let me know of this works out.
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Mark,

I tried a couple of things regarding my linking question and here are the results.

Tom

Comment

tom, when you create a group using the plugin it creates insteon links within each device just like you did manually. you didn't need to link the remotelink to the lights first.

i would delete all the links and the group and just create the group in hs.

There is no downside to this setup, the remotelink will continue to control the lights even if hs is down.
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Mark,

OK, I understand. I didn't know that HS would push out the links to the devices but it makes sense.

Thanks again for all the help.

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by tomsans View Post
                The addition of the old powerlinc module solved my thermostat problem; it works as it did before.

BUT, now the insteon devices don't work.

After I restarted the program it no longer recognized the Insteon PLM on com1 so I tried com2 then com 3. Com 3 is the only port that doesn't generate an error message. The log excerpt is as follows;

3/18/2010 3:19:25 PM Plug-In Initializing Plug-in: Insteon on COM port 3
                3/18/2010 3:19:25 PM Insteon PLM contacted on COM3 with an Insteon address of 13.AE.41 and firmware version 92
                3/18/2010 3:19:27 PM Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in Insteon

If I go to the Insteon configuration/manage devices I see the following;

"House Dual Mode PLM 13.AE.41 Unknown Device Type 031A 92 0% (16567 failed out of 16569 cmds)"

I tried removing the old PowerLinc, disable the powerlinc plug-in and going back to com1 but I get an error. With or without thepowerlinc and plug-in it gets an error message on any port except 3.

I generted an Insteon report log which is attached.

Do you have any idea what the problem might be?

Totally frustrated,

Tom
                Do not register your PLM with the plugin, its not necessary.

Make sure the x10 interface on the insteon plugin is disabled. Make sure the 'other' interface is enabled.

leave the plm registered on com3; seems to be working

the powerlinc doesn't require a com port setting. the plugin will find it because its a true usb device.

Comment

Working...
                X