www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > Lighting & Primary Technology Plug-ins > Lighting & Primary Technology Discussion > Insteon Plug-in (Mark Sandler)

Insteon Plug-in (Mark Sandler) Discussions related to Mark Sandler's 3rd parth plug-in for controlling Insteon devices via Smarthome's PLM interfaces (the 2412 & 2413 series controllers)

Old August 16th, 2010, 08:21 PM
wpmjones

Unknown Device Type 011F (when adding device)

I am using the HS2 trial (trying to decide if it's actually worth the price tag). I have an Insteon PowerLinc (2414U) which HomeSeer seems to find without issue. But when I try and add devices (tap-add or manual) it says that it can't read the device. The error message is "Unknown Device Type 011F".

Any idea why it would be failing? Since I'm a rookie with Homeseer, I don't really know what info to provide. If more info would help, just let me know what I need to provide.

Thanks in advance!
Old August 16th, 2010, 08:29 PM
wpmjones

I am running Windows 7 (32-bit). Is the 2414U just not compatible??!
Old August 17th, 2010, 07:21 AM
Insteon Overlord

Hi welcome to Homeseer and the Insteon plugin forums.

three comments:

1. the 011f is supported, you just need to upgrade the plugin to v1.3 which can be found here:
http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=139981

you will need to download and install the PLC version. to install, shutdown hs. and put the dll into the homeseer root directory and restart hs

2. that said, the PLC 2414U is no longer supported by any HS plugin. V1.3 was the last version I released. If you are serious about using HS you will need to upgrade your insteon controller to a PLM (a 2412 or 2413 series). I recommend the serial version rather than the usb one because the usb vers have connection problems. You should also consider the ISY/PLM combination but it's rather expensive.

3. good thing you didn't install the 64 bit windows 7. i understand the smarthome SDM isn't 64bit compatible. you would have never gotten your 2414u to work at all.

Good luck with your trial

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.368
Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | Vista Alarm 20P with AD2USB | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway
Plugins: Insteon 3.0.6.23 (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 (by Kirby) | Ultra1Wire | RFXCOM | NetCAM | MyQ | BLRadar | Jon00 Charting
Platform: HP h8-1360t, Windows Server 2012 R2, i7-3.4GHz, 16GB memory
Old August 21st, 2010, 09:57 AM
wpmjones

Thumbs up

Hey Mark -

Thanks for the reply. v1.3 did the trick. I'm new to all this and the 2414U is paid for. I probably won't be able to switch to the 2412S or the ISY any time soon. From the looks of it though, v1.3 will do the trick until I can upgrade (downgrade?? serial?? hehe).

Thanks for your help!! Much appreciated!
Old August 21st, 2010, 10:22 AM
wpmjones

Is there anywhere that lists what devices are supported with which PLC/PLM? I have an 021A (ToggleLinc non-dim) that is not working now. It added, but all commands have failed. And now I can't get HS2 to add my ICON Appliance On/Off Modules (2856S3B). I like the concept of HomeSeer and want to use it, but it just doesn't seem all that compatible.
Old August 21st, 2010, 12:57 PM
Insteon Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpmjones View Post
Is there anywhere that lists what devices are supported with which PLC/PLM? I have an 021A (ToggleLinc non-dim) that is not working now. It added, but all commands have failed. And now I can't get HS2 to add my ICON Appliance On/Off Modules (2856S3B). I like the concept of HomeSeer and want to use it, but it just doesn't seem all that compatible.
have you checked out the revision history thread
http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=138815

i can't say for sure when the 021A was added. try this; shutdown hs, in your insteon.ini for the device in question, change the protocol=2 to protocol=1 and restart hs.

this is going to be your problem with the 2414, it doesn't talk the newer/faster insteon i2 protocol which is the default protocol for newer insteon devices. you may have to change all your devices to protocol=1.
Old August 21st, 2010, 09:00 PM
wpmjones

I'll give it a whirl. Thanks!!