This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by terranstryder View Post
    The longer HS3 runs the more it appears the Elk data lags behind. In going through the Ultram1g3 logs I came across the following:

10/18/2014 3:54:42 PM...Debug~~!~~Entered SendToM1G() function.

10/18/2014 3:54:46 PM...Debug~~!~~Sending 08cv0800F7

to M1G via Ethernet.

10/18/2014 3:54:49 PM...Debug~~!~~Waiting for the M1 to respond with 'CV' for up to 1.5 seconds...

10/18/2014 3:54:53 PM...Debug~~!~~Entered ProcessReceived() function with a string 'DV80003

0AZC025200C9

'

10/18/2014 3:54:56 PM...Error~~!~~System.InvalidCastException

10/18/2014 3:55:00 PM...Error~~!~~System.InvalidCastException: Conversion from string "&HDV" to type 'Integer' is not valid. ---> System.FormatException: Additional non-parsable characters are at the end of the string.

at System.ParseNumbers.StringToLong(String s, Int32 radix, Int32 flags, Int32* currPos)

at System.Convert.ToInt64(String value, Int32 fromBase)

at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Utils.IsHexOrOctValue (String Value, Int64& i64Value)

at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToInteger (String Value)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToInteger (String Value)

at HSPI_ULTRAM1G3.hspi_plugin.ProcessReceived(String strDataRec)

10/18/2014 3:55:09 PM...Debug~~!~~Entered ProcessReceived() function with a string '0ACC013000E5

'

10/18/2014 3:55:12 PM...Debug~~!~~Entered ProcessCommand() subroutine.

10/18/2014 3:55:15 PM...Debug~~!~~Processing response [CC]

10/18/2014 3:55:18 PM...Debug~~!~~Output 013 [Dn Hvac In1] is Off)

10/18/2014 3:55:30 PM...Debug~~!~~Entered ProcessReceived() function with a string '0ACC013000E5

'

10/18/2014 3:55:33 PM...Debug~~!~~Entered ProcessCommand() subroutine.

10/18/2014 3:55:35 PM...Debug~~!~~Processing response [CC]

10/18/2014 3:55:38 PM...Debug~~!~~Output 013 [Dn Hvac In1] is Off)

10/18/2014 3:55:45 PM...Debug~~!~~Entered ProcessReceived() function with a string '0AZC025900C2

Has anyone else come across this? Is this significant? I'm still going through logs looking for diagnostic hints for why the Elk lag increases the longer HS3 runs.

It may not be the Elk plug in. Similar issues have been noted in the Zwave plun in. Check the CPU usage etc. as it may be (may not be) HS3 pegging the CPU at 100%.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Checking the XP install resources look fine.
      Memory:
      HS3 65Meg
      HSTouch 31 Meg
      Omnistat 3 20 Meg
      Ultra M1G 18 Meg

CPU on all of these is low.

I don't have the z-wave plugin on this install. I have it on the Linux install but I don't yet know how to query the system usage.

Comment

Multiple Instances

Any plans to support Multiple Instances? I have 2 Panels that I need to add to HS3. With HS2 I had to use the ISY plugin to connect my other panel but your plugin works better.

Thanks,
        Philip
        pabbott@cpak.com

Comment

Ultra,
          I bought a new silent PC for HS3 and have started adding devices one by one to the new install. I still have my old HomeTroller 2 running HS2. I just remove one switch / sensor/ etc from that z-troller and then add it to the new. My question is: Can I run two instances of UltraM1G? I still have the version for HS2 running on HomeTroller and it is rock stable. I want to switch to HS3 and get your plugin for that, but I want to have HS2 to fall back onto, in case of alarm panel control problems or other issues. Can two plugins co-exist peacefully on the same network and be both connected to my Elk M1G panel?

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualPanther View Post
            Ultra,
            I bought a new silent PC for HS3 and have started adding devices one by one to the new install. I still have my old HomeTroller 2 running HS2. I just remove one switch / sensor/ etc from that z-troller and then add it to the new. My question is: Can I run two instances of UltraM1G? I still have the version for HS2 running on HomeTroller and it is rock stable. I want to switch to HS3 and get your plugin for that, but I want to have HS2 to fall back onto, in case of alarm panel control problems or other issues. Can two plugins co-exist peacefully on the same network and be both connected to my Elk M1G panel?
            Yes, as long as you are using the Elk M1XEP you shouldn't have any issues.

Regards,
            Ultrajones
            Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
              Yes, as long as you are using the Elk M1XEP you shouldn't have any issues.

Regards,
              Ultrajones
              Just installed the plugin for HS3, set the same information as in HS2 plugin, and restarted HomeSeer. Connected seemingly successfully and without any errors. Every single zone is shown appropriately. Test arm / disarm worked. Looking good so far. One question. I see that I can make each user an HS device. What, if any, is the utility of that? In my HS2, every time arm/disarm was done by UltraM1G, the log would show an unknown user. Is it possible to arm / disarm via a specific user in M1G?

Comment

That is odd. It looks like the response is becoming corrupt. "V" isn't an valid HEX character. How are you connected to the Elk M1G panel? Network or Serial? Are you utilizing any type of Elk rules that would send a raw response out to all connected hosts?

Regards,
                Ultrajones
                I'm connecting via Network. I'll try firing up HS3 again and see if I can capture it again. What is the best way to send longer log files?

Comment

Just installed the plugin for HS3, set the same information as in HS2 plugin, and restarted HomeSeer. Connected seemingly successfully and without any errors. Every single zone is shown appropriately. Test arm / disarm worked. Looking good so far. One question. I see that I can make each user an HS device. What, if any, is the utility of that? In my HS2, every time arm/disarm was done by UltraM1G, the log would show an unknown user. Is it possible to arm / disarm via a specific user in M1G?
                  When my kids were younger, I used those devices to determine when my kids got home from school. The UltraM1G3 HSPI plug-in allows a user to disarm the system. You specify the disarm code (which specifies the user) from PLUGINS > UltraM1G3 > UltraM1G3 > Areas.

Regards,
                  Ultrajones
                  Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

When my kids were younger, I used those devices to determine when my kids got home from school. The UltraM1G3 HSPI plug-in allows a user to disarm the system. You specify the disarm code (which specifies the user) from PLUGINS > UltraM1G3 > UltraM1G3 > Areas.

Regards,
                    Ultrajones
                    So if I have a code for the kid and a code for pet sitter, is there a way to specify two (or more) user codes?

Comment

Ultra,
                      I have two versions of this plugin running at the same time: one on the old HomeTroller, which still has stuff I haven't migrated, and the other - on the new PC running HS3 Pro. Everything seems to work great. Both interfaces were completely error-free until this morning. Plugin for HS2 is still error-free, while HS3 has these errors in HS log:

I have restarted the PC and have manually reloaded UltraM1G. Not sure what it means and what may have happened. The plugin reports status as "OK":

Any ideas?

Comment

Ultra,
                        I have two versions of this plugin running at the same time: one on the old HomeTroller, which still has stuff I haven't migrated, and the other - on the new PC running HS3 Pro. Everything seems to work great. Both interfaces were completely error-free until this morning. Plugin for HS2 is still error-free, while HS3 has these errors in HS log:

I have restarted the PC and have manually reloaded UltraM1G. Not sure what it means and what may have happened. The plugin reports status as "OK":

Any ideas?
                        Were you connected to the Elk M1 using the ElkRP software at the time that warning was written to the logs?

Comment

Were you connected to the Elk M1 using the ElkRP software at the time that warning was written to the logs?
                          No, not at all. Since then I have rebooted PC again, reloaded HS3 and then later, manually reloaded data in the plugin. Same messages scrolling in HS log hours later. Notice response from Elk panel upon reloading of plugin. Seems normal, right?

Comment

No, not at all. Since then I have rebooted PC again, reloaded HS3 and then later, manually reloaded data in the plugin. Same messages scrolling in HS log hours later. Notice response from Elk panel upon reloading of plugin. Seems normal, right?

Do you have the Elk M1 Polling Options set to "Only if Required" and Counter Polling set to "Only if HomeSeer Device Exists"?

From your HomeSeer system, please ping your Elk M1EXP to see if you're seeing any packet loss. Packet loss for 100 pings should be 0% loss.

ping ip.of.m1xep -n 100

Regards,
                            Ultrajones

Comment

Do you have the Elk M1 Polling Options set to "Only if Required" and Counter Polling set to "Only if HomeSeer Device Exists"?

From your HomeSeer system, please ping your Elk M1EXP to see if you're seeing any packet loss. Packet loss for 100 pings should be 0% loss.

ping ip.of.m1xep -n 100

Regards,
                              Ultrajones
                              Here is a snapshot of polling options. I haven't changed a thing there since installation. Pings went through fine, no packet loss.

Comment

Unable to arm / disarm from UltraM1G3

I'm running an evaluation version of UltraM1G3 and I'm unable to arm or disarm my M1G from the plug-in, though I suspect they may be two different issues causing this:

Disarming:
                                I get the warning: "Invalid or missing Arm/Disarm code detected. Unable to send Arm/Disarm command to Elk M1."
                                Tried a few different users. Verified that they have disarm privileges and they work on the keypad. When I configure the keypad in the plug-in, I'm not sure that my disarm code is "sticking." I get the message saying that the user configuration has been saved, but the text box goes blank; not even a masked passcode. I'm running on Windows 8.1. The reason I mention this is that because my HomeSeer installation is in C:\Program Files (x86)\..., and Windows UAC has been giving me grief about saving and modifying any files in that directory tree, even with elevated (admin) rights. I'm wondering if the plug-in is trying to create a new file somewhere in there, maybe Windows isn't letting it but the plug-in isn't reporting back the error. Pure speculation.

Arming:
                                Same problem as above, but it's odd that a valid user code is required to arm the panel when anyone with physical access can just hit an arm button on the keypad without authentication. Wondering what would happen if you set messages a1-a8 with user code 000000? I guess that's where the "arm" permission comes into play in the user profile. If those commands don't actually require a valid code, recommend setting a default.

Thanks.

UPDATE: I've upgraded to build 149 and the passcode is now sticking. However I get several errors when trying to arm (example shows arm to night Area 1 with a user code of 123456):
                                Jan-08 1:43:35 AM Warning No response/improper response from Elk M1 to command 'a4112345600'
                                Jan-08 1:43:33 AM Warning Raw data was: 1EAS0000000011111111000000000000
                                Jan-08 1:43:33 AM Warning Invalid checksum 242 for command AS as data 000000001111111100000000

The plugin seems to receive and parse the AS update fine when the system is quick armed from the keypad. Disarming from the plugin seems to work.

UPDATE 2: After reading some other posts, I realized that my test account did not have the "arm" permission which naturally caused the "no response" and failure of the system to arm. Interestingly, a missing arm permission causes a checksum error on the returned AS message, even if the Access bit is disabled as some other posts have suggested. Note that a passcode with arm permission and no disarm permission does not cause the same checksum error.
                                Last edited by tgpaul; January 8, 2015, 02:37 AM. Reason: Grammar

Comment

Working...
                                X