This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using Insteon App along with HS and Mark's plug-in

I'm just starting out with Insteon. I have several switches, keys, etc. They are all set to x10 and I'm moving to setting them to Insteon with a v1 hub. Can I use the Insteon App and setup the devices and then also use HS and Mark's plug-in at the same time? I think the only way to do this is to add the devices via the app and then have mark's plug-in query the links from the hub, is that correct?

On a side note, ignoring the question above, is it better to manually link Insteon controller and resoponders or should I use the plug-in to do the setup? What's the pros/cons of each?

Thank you.

My plugin does not read/share anything with the smarthome app. You must register devices in both apps. It's just too tough to keep up with smarthome.

Use the plugin to create links is much easier and faster
    Last edited by mnsandler; February 13, 2015, 11:15 AM.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

So, if I add use the plug-in to add devices, it writes to the hub. For the Insteon App on my phone, I would just use the resync option and it should show up with new rooms/devices?

Comment

Originally posted by wglong View Post
        So, if I add use the plug-in to add devices, it writes to the hub. For the Insteon App on my phone, I would just use the resync option and it should show up with new rooms/devices?
        i don't think the insteon app will pick up the links i write to the hub. you may have to register the devices in both apps.
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

If I register the device in both with the hub have extra links that it will get confused? Sorry, still trying to understand how all these links work.

Comment

Originally posted by wglong View Post
            If I register the device in both with the hub have extra links that it will get confused? Sorry, still trying to understand how all these links work.
            if hasn't caused anyone an issue

the plm is smart enough to not write a duplicate link if one already exists.

what you are doing is registering the device with the smarthome app
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
            X