No announcement yet.

DoorBird Beta Plugin Release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Next question... probably not specific to the plugin but there are a lot of DoorBird owners here. I have read several times that the motion sensor is very or even too sensitive. However, my DoorBirds motion sensor is not sensitive at all. It sometimes detect motion 10 meters away, when it is in a straight line. Approaching the DoorBird from straight ahead works most of the time. But when I "jump" in front of the DoorBird from the side, and start waving it takes several seconds, sometimes more then 10, before the sensor reports motion.

Is my DoorBird broken?
    stefxx

Comment

Originally posted by stefxx View Post
      Next question... probably not specific to the plugin but there are a lot of DoorBird owners here. I have read several times that the motion sensor is very or even too sensitive. However, my DoorBirds motion sensor is not sensitive at all. It sometimes detect motion 10 meters away, when it is in a straight line. Approaching the DoorBird from straight ahead works most of the time. But when I "jump" in front of the DoorBird from the side, and start waving it takes several seconds, sometimes more then 10, before the sensor reports motion.

Is my DoorBird broken?
      Yeah I've been recently noticing some difference in the motion sensitivity, it used to be extremely sensitive but recently not as much. This would probably coincide with the 3D motion setting where you can now gate the image to not detect in certain sectors - I've just disabled mine to see if I notice a difference so it is just back to the normal motion sensing - perhaps something to consider trying?

Comment

I am just a recent DoorBird owner so the 3D motion settings have always been there. For some reason I do not recall, I assumed that the 3D motion (which I guess is using the camera instead of the sensor?) was only used for cloud upload functions.

So the motion sensor that the plugin is showing, is that for the 3D motion, the motion sensor or both? Or depending on settings in the app?

I will disable the 3D motion as well, see if that helps. Thanks!
        stefxx

Comment

Originally posted by stefxx View Post
          I am just a recent DoorBird owner so the 3D motion settings have always been there. For some reason I do not recall, I assumed that the 3D motion (which I guess is using the camera instead of the sensor?) was only used for cloud upload functions.

So the motion sensor that the plugin is showing, is that for the 3D motion, the motion sensor or both? Or depending on settings in the app?

I will disable the 3D motion as well, see if that helps. Thanks!
          Thinking about it you may be right, it probably uses the image rather than the motion sensor but I don't know but I know mine used to be really sharp but now not as much (I have events to turn on lights when my DoorBird detects motion, sometimes it works sometimes it does not but used to be 100%).

Comment

Disabling 3D motion doesn't help... I'll contact DoorBird to see if it might be a firmware issue or something. Good to know it isn't just my DoorBird.
            stefxx

Comment

Hi,

I've noticed the same thing happening.

-Philip

Comment

Originally posted by philipi View Post
                I've noticed the same thing happening.
                Thanks. I just got an answer from DoorBird. To restore the PIR sensor function, you have to disable the "Expert settings" in the 3D motion sensor menu. Simply disabling the 3D motion sensor is not sufficient.

Not very intuitive but it worked!
                stefxx

Comment

Great work on the plugin! I'm excited! just wanted to share that
                  www.zwaveoutlet.com is now carry doorbird now and there coupon code take5 gets you 5% off.

Comment

Disable/enable logging

Would it be possible to add a logging level option (error, warning, debug etc) similar to other plugins?

The reason I ask is that my HS log gets filled with motion notifications. This is despite selecting 'do not log commands from this device' in the device configuration for the motion sensor. So I assume the logging is coming from the plugin.

Even the ability to NOT log motion would be great.

The problem I have is that the sun shines directly on the motion sensor in the afternoons, and gives 100s of false positives.

Apr-24 15:22:31 DoorBird Motion Notification
                    Apr-24 15:22:17 DoorBird Motion Notification
                    Apr-24 15:22:04 DoorBird Motion Notification
                    Apr-24 15:21:52 DoorBird Motion Notification
                    Apr-24 15:21:38 DoorBird Motion Notification
                    Apr-24 15:21:26 DoorBird Motion Notification
                    Apr-24 15:21:08 DoorBird Motion Notification
                    Thanks, Marty
                    iCore5 Win 10 Pro x64 SSD

HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 Windows

BLOccupied:,Device History:,Yamaha:,UltraMon3:,mcsXap:,Restart:,UltraNetatmo3:, UltraM1G3:,Ultra1Wire3:,BLBackup:,Harmony Hub:,DoorBird:,UltraECM3:,Nanoleaf 3P:,UltraRachio3:,Z-Wave:,SDJ-Health:,BLGarbage:,Blue-Iris:,Chromecast:,Pushover 3P:,EasyTrigger:

Comment

Originally posted by mminehan View Post
                      Would it be possible to add a logging level option (error, warning, debug etc) similar to other plugins?

The reason I ask is that my HS log gets filled with motion notifications. This is despite selecting 'do not log commands from this device' in the device configuration for the motion sensor. So I assume the logging is coming from the plugin.

Even the ability to NOT log motion would be great.

The problem I have is that the sun shines directly on the motion sensor in the afternoons, and gives 100s of false positives.

Thanks, Marty
                      Yes this logging is coming from the plugin, I've put version .18 in the updater that only logs motion to the debug log not the main HS log. I've left the doorbell notification and door open notification in the HS log if that is OK?

I'll add a web option to enable/disable this in the future - that's the only change.

Comment

Perfect. Thanks so much for doing that. I'll download the updated plugin tonight when I'm back home.
                        Chhers, Marty.
                        iCore5 Win 10 Pro x64 SSD

HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 Windows

BLOccupied:,Device History:,Yamaha:,UltraMon3:,mcsXap:,Restart:,UltraNetatmo3:, UltraM1G3:,Ultra1Wire3:,BLBackup:,Harmony Hub:,DoorBird:,UltraECM3:,Nanoleaf 3P:,UltraRachio3:,Z-Wave:,SDJ-Health:,BLGarbage:,Blue-Iris:,Chromecast:,Pushover 3P:,EasyTrigger:

Comment

Would it be possible to add Download Motion Sensor History Image?

I'm wondering how hard it would be to add another action, similar to the DoorBird Download History Image (which seems to download the doorbell ring images), that would download motion sensor images?

The API says that you can specifically retrieve the motion sensor captures by adding "event=motionsensor" to the history request.

Thanks for reading!

Comment

Originally posted by infinity312 View Post
                            I'm wondering how hard it would be to add another action, similar to the DoorBird Download History Image (which seems to download the doorbell ring images), that would download motion sensor images?

The API says that you can specifically retrieve the motion sensor captures by adding "event=motionsensor" to the history request.

Thanks for reading!
                            I should be able to add this with minimal issue (they don't publish changes to the API, only a new document so I didn't spot when it was added) however it might take me a week or so to get it sorted and I'll post back here when it is done.

Comment

Originally posted by infinity312 View Post

Thanks for reading!
                              I have added this option in version .19 of the plugin. Please note that it both needs the 3D motion sensor enabled (which I believe is basically the camera being used as a motion sensor), I can't test if you have that enabled so if it does not work then check this feature in the DoorBird app.

I have also changed the naming of the images in the HS DoorBird images directory, this should not really cause an issue however the doorbell images are now prefixed with 'd' and the motion sensors with 'm'. There is also a new event action to download a history image.

I've tested it and it works but if it does not then please let me know.

Comment

I recently installed the DoorBird plugin and all is working well except when I get a notification pushed to my phone I get an error message that the audio channel is busy.

I also recently installed a new wireless router.

I don't see any other video streams in use, just the push of static images for your plugin.

This problem is recent, it worked fine before the plugin and router.

Do I need to open a specific port in my wireless router?

I asked DoorBird for help and got nowhere.

Comment

Working...
                                X