Not showing device changes in logs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not showing device changes in logs

So the plugin creates virtual devices for each of my doors and windows. On each of the devices (say front door) I made sure the device doesn't have "Do not log commands from this device:" checked but I still get no logging on each device.

I would like to be able to look threw the logs and see what time a door or window or door closed.

I also do not have debug checked in the plugin.

What am I missing to not get full debugging but to get logs showing when doors and windows open and close?

Thanks,

Bump, Anyone else have this issue or a fix?

Comment

Hi,

I have to add this to the plugin, but don'y know when I have the time to do so

Please remind me if I have not done this in the next couple of months
      Regards,

Rien du Pre
      The Netherlands
      Using:
      Homeseer PRO latest HS4 BETA on a Raspberry
      Plugin's:
      RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by Rien du Pre View Post
        Hi,

Thanks for the update, I look forward to it.

Comment

Hi,

Friendly two month reminder.

Comment

Any update on this?

Comment

Rien any update on this?

Comment

I started this thread back in July of 2017. If you can find a bit of time that would be great.

Thanks,

Comment

Anything?

Comment

Hi,

Ping,

Any update?

Comment

Originally posted by integlikewhoa View Post

Ping,

Any update?
                      It seems like Rien is no longer supporting any of his plugins and they all have been moved under the "Legacy" section in the updater. It's also shown as "no longer supported" in the HS store: https://shop.homeseer.com/products/r...lug-in-for-hs3
                      HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                      Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

You could add events (or an event and a script) to write a log entry whenever a door or window changed state.
                        Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
                        HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post

It seems like Rien is no longer supporting any of his plugins and they all have been moved under the "Legacy" section in the updater. It's also shown as "no longer supported" in the HS store: https://shop.homeseer.com/products/r...lug-in-for-hs3
                          Thanks,

That does make sense as there hasn't been any movement in a few years on this. Hope someone takes it over.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
                            You could add events (or an event and a script) to write a log entry whenever a door or window changed state.
                            I think I'm ready to take you up on this. Any ideas where I should start?

Thanks,

Comment

The most straightforward approach would be to create an event for each door and window like this one. Once you have the first one, you can probably do the rest a bit faster by copying and editing.

Click image for larger version

Name:	logDoor.PNG
Views:	94
Size:	16.4 KB
ID:	1323397
                              Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
                              HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Working...
                              X