Timeclock mode support?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Timeclock mode support?

I deleted all my Lutron devices and re-imported; 310 devices.

When I scroll down and find the Timeclock Event it's showing Away.

The repeater is not in away mode.

If I use the app to change the mode, the plug-in DOES track the change properly. If I change the mode using HS3, the app tracks the change (very quickly, too).

So it appears the plug-in does not track the state properly during import. I have not yet checked whether it does that on starting the HS3 program.

Originally posted by wkearney99 View Post
    I deleted all my Lutron devices and re-imported; 310 devices.

When I scroll down and find the Timeclock Event it's showing Away.

The repeater is not in away mode.

If I use the app to change the mode, the plug-in DOES track the change properly. If I change the mode using HS3, the app tracks the change (very quickly, too).

So it appears the plug-in does not track the state properly during import. I have not yet checked whether it does that on starting the HS3 program.
    When you create device you need to Poll them
    Attached Files

Comment

Under what circumstances should HS3 be polling the repeater for this value?

Why doesn't the plug-in set this automatically?

I ask this because I'm looking for effective ways to structure events to work with this kind of state. I want to make sure I have events set up to work with the correct state. As in, don't do X if the "House" is set to "Away". Or only run an event if the mode is set to "Normal".

From the looks of it I can do this by using a Group conditional for events, as opposed to having to check each and every time and event is created.

But, I'm assuming it'd require the state to be kept current. Yes? Where should I be configuring things to poll/track this value from the repeater?

Comment

Under what circumstances should HS3 be polling the repeater for this value?

Why doesn't the plug-in set this automatically?

I ask this because I'm looking for effective ways to structure events to work with this kind of state. I want to make sure I have events set up to work with the correct state. As in, don't do X if the "House" is set to "Away". Or only run an event if the mode is set to "Normal".

From the looks of it I can do this by using a Group conditional for events, as opposed to having to check each and every time and event is created.

But, I'm assuming it'd require the state to be kept current. Yes? Where should I be configuring things to poll/track this value from the repeater?
        The timeclock is updating automatically as it changes. No need to poll the device, you can test with the seetouch, just program two buttons one away and the other normal, then when you press it it will change the status of device Timeclock Event

IF LUTRONRA2 Timeclock Event Timeclock Event changes and becomes Away
        AND IF The time is at 12:50 AM
        Then Speak This is working

Comment

Ok, I'll check.

When I've started HS3 earlier today the state for the Timeclock was listed as 'Away' even though the repeater itself was set to Normal (value 3).

I tapped the (poll) icon and now it shows Normal (as expected, that's how the repeater is set). I've quit/restart HS3 and it still shows Normal.

If I'm going to use Away/Normal modes for Events I want to be sure it'll be tracking properly.

I'd very much like to be able to use my Echo to tell Homeseer to set the house mode.

Up until now I've used just 'Away' and 'Normal'. But I'd like to entertain the idea of using a temporary away mode, suitable for just being out of the house for some portion of the day. Not as a multi-day 'Away' mode like a vacation.

Is there any support for modes like this in HS3?

Comment

Ok, I'll check.

When I've started HS3 earlier today the state for the Timeclock was listed as 'Away' even though the repeater itself was set to Normal (value 3).

I tapped the (poll) icon and now it shows Normal (as expected, that's how the repeater is set). I've quit/restart HS3 and it still shows Normal.

If I'm going to use Away/Normal modes for Events I want to be sure it'll be tracking properly.

I'd very much like to be able to use my Echo to tell Homeseer to set the house mode.

Up until now I've used just 'Away' and 'Normal'. But I'd like to entertain the idea of using a temporary away mode, suitable for just being out of the house for some portion of the day. Not as a multi-day 'Away' mode like a vacation.

Is there any support for modes like this in HS3?
            For the Echo i think the only way to do it is with the event set the timeclock to away than ask Echo to run the event, HS3 just allow to on, off, dim or run event

For the timeclock you can create more in the RadioRA2

Comment

Nope, it's not keeping the status set. I just fired up a browser and pointed it at the HS3 web interface. The timeclock was showing 'away'. I had to poll it and that retrieved the current, Normal, setting. I used no apps, buttons or any other timeclock settings to change it. I just left the RA2 system running with nothing but it's usual daily activities (in Normal mode).

It would appear the plug-in isn't "doing something" to keep tabs on the timeclock state. Should it?

Comment

Nope, it's not keeping the status set. I just fired up a browser and pointed it at the HS3 web interface. The timeclock was showing 'away'. I had to poll it and that retrieved the current, Normal, setting. I used no apps, buttons or any other timeclock settings to change it. I just left the RA2 system running with nothing but it's usual daily activities (in Normal mode).

It would appear the plug-in isn't "doing something" to keep tabs on the timeclock state. Should it?
                Do you have 2 main repeater? this can be the issue, I'll connect my second one to see if this could be the case.

don

Comment

Yes, i have two main repeaters, and the inclusive software to build the project.

They're on sequential IP addresses, 192.168.12.7 & .8

Comment

Yes, i have two main repeaters, and the inclusive software to build the project.

They're on sequential IP addresses, 192.168.12.7 & .8
                    should me fix with the ver. 66

Comment

I just let it update to version .67.

It did not automatically update the timeclock state. When I looked at the advanced tab it said it had a value of 5 (which is outside the 0-3 range in the repeater).

I used the poll button and it correctly updated the status to Normal.

I'm going to see when happens overnight. I will report back tomorrow morning.

Comment

I just let it update to version .67.

It did not automatically update the timeclock state. When I looked at the advanced tab it said it had a value of 5 (which is outside the 0-3 range in the repeater).

I used the poll button and it correctly updated the status to Normal.

I'm going to see when happens overnight. I will report back tomorrow morning.
                        Yes value of 5 was when it was execute va the main repeater this is why the state was not updated correctly

And with this I incorporate the Manuel trigger.

Comment

Working...
                        X