Another RFXcom Hardware question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another RFXcom Hardware question

Has anybody gotting the Visonic WT-102 or WT-100 to work with the RFXcom 315 MHZ visonic module ???

The RFXCOM receiver can receive PowerCode and CodeSecure sensors.
    The WT100 is of another type (12bit non supervised) and cannot be received.

Comment

I guess this brings up three questions..
      1. The green LED on the receiver indiacates that and good code has been receive ?? or Does it blink to indicate that RF of that unit has been received ??
      2. Were this is a 12bit non supervised is it receiced and not decoded or is the front end (RF) not able to receive it.. You know were I am going with this is it some that could be write into the code ??
      3. Do this devices work at 433mhz or 8XXmhz.

TIA
      DEM

Originally posted by b_weijenberg View Post
      The RFXCOM receiver can receive PowerCode and CodeSecure sensors.
      The WT100 is of another type (12bit non supervised) and cannot be received.

Comment

1. The green LED blinks when it sends a received packet on the RS232 interface. As the 12bit Visonic code is not received it will not blink.
        2. The decoding of the 12bit is and will not be implemented in the receiver. It receives the Visonic codes indicated on the web site: PowerCode and partly CodeSecure.
        3. Visonic produces sensors with different frequencies. For the US they use mostly 315MHz.

Bert

Comment

Bert:

Is the problem implementing the code the 12 bits or that it is unsercure ??? I just ask because there seems to be some interest in using these handhelds and the two input device appears like it could fit the bill of a mailbox sensor ... and it seems like every time on list the 315mhz unit someone like myself buys it to do the unsercure 12 bit devices.. Maybe a big red note on the purchasing page that it will not work with 12 bit devices...

TIA

1. The green LED blinks when it sends a received packet on the RS232 interface. As the 12bit Visonic code is not received it will not blink.
          2. The decoding of the 12bit is and will not be implemented in the receiver. It receives the Visonic codes indicated on the web site: PowerCode and partly CodeSecure.
          3. Visonic produces sensors with different frequencies. For the US they use mostly 315MHz.

Bert

Comment

The code for 12bit is not implemented and it will cost too much too do this exercise.

Comment

I did not realize that it would require changing the hardware I tought it might just be some code to detect that it is a 12 bit stream and then decoding it... Now thinking about it ,, It proberly requires changing the firmware of the pic.. Altough I never have programmed a pic I've used a couple and I did work with a guy who made all types electronic circuits with them mostky HO train stuff like fast clocks and crossing controlers.. I guess (Don't laugh to much..) if just a change to the pic code is this something a beginer could tacle ?? For me and I am sure others these 12 bit devices are easyer to get.. So altough it would be nice to be able to do all codes for now I would prefer to be able to do just the 12 bit devices and it seems to me that it should be easy to decode it 12 bit stream for it is not sercure which I believe it means once you have the 12 bits you have the code ,, IE not encrypted.. Right ??? Your toughts ??? I'm assuming that the RF front end remains the same no matter how many bits it is and I am also assuming that the decoding is some standard... and that the packet decoded style is programable in the pic code... If you think I might be getting in over my head let me know ... I do have another way to go with these devices (I think !!) ,, I have a 4 channel receiver I believe it has 1 output of each input channel I'm thinking were the transmiters are 2 channel so I should be able to put one device on 2 channels and the other device on the other 2 channels.. then I use the outputs to drive a X10 interface or some other digital interface to get it into Homeseer ,, not pretty but should work,, and I am interested the flood and glass break sensors that should work with the 315mhz reciever.. correct ??

Thanks for the feedback..

The code for 12bit is not implemented and it will cost too much too do this exercise.

Comment

Reply ??

Bert;
                I was hoping for some type of reply for the above. I guess the 2 questios stiil are : 1. Does the RF front end receive the 14 bit signal ?? And is the PIC able to decode the 14 bit signal with reprograming.. Presently the receiver is useless to me as for I purchased it to work the units I all ready have and I did not state on the web site witch 315mhz units the receiver would work with.. If it does it is not very clear.. And I feel a little ripped off as the site clearly stated the the reciever was for Visonic 315mhz devices... And did not list which devices it did or did not do.. It's again not listed at the RFXCOM site so I could not confirm...

TIA
                DEM

Comment

Sorry DEM,

If you are able to create a program in the PIC for the non-supervised (12 bit) sensors you can reprogram and use the receiver. RFXCOM will not implement the protocol for the non-supervised sensors.
                  The RFXCOM site clearly indicates that the Visonic PowerCode sensors and Visonic CodeSecure keyfobs are supported and this implies automatically that the non-supervised (12 bit) sensors are not supported as these are not mentioned in the list of supported sensors.

Or buy the Visonic PowerCode sensors or sell the RFXCOM receiver or return the RFXCOM receiver and the product price will be refunded (excl. shipping cost).

Bert

Comment

Bert;
                    Thanks for the reply,, I've read some more on the RFXCOM site.. I will contact them about this question ,, But , maybe you have a quicker answer I see there used to be something called a "RAW" mode it appears to be recently removed from the PIC code.. My question is in this Raw mode will the data I quest for be sent to the processing computer ??? I am also wondering why the non-supervised is a issue (I guessing the non-supervised characteristic is the issue and not the 12 bit length..) ?? Is a liability issue or maybe some copyright or patent thing ???

TIA

Sorry DEM,

If you are able to create a program in the PIC for the non-supervised (12 bit) sensors you can reprogram and use the receiver. RFXCOM will not implement the protocol for the non-supervised sensors.
                    The RFXCOM site clearly indicates that the Visonic PowerCode sensors and Visonic CodeSecure keyfobs are supported and this implies automatically that the non-supervised (12 bit) sensors are not supported as these are not mentioned in the list of supported sensors.

Or buy the Visonic PowerCode sensors or sell the RFXCOM receiver or return the RFXCOM receiver and the product price will be refunded (excl. shipping cost).

Bert

Comment

RAW mode has been removed as it was for RFXCOM diagnostic purposes only.
                      It will take about 4 to 8 weeks to implement a new protocol and the investment in the sensors. If you are willing to pay the development cost and the sensors needed to do this send a request to RFXCOM.

Comment

Working...
                      X