No announcement yet.

Jon00 HTML to Image Utility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Jon00 you were right. I used IE and it worked. Dave...

Comment

Sorry, I am trying to avoid asking this but have given up.
      How do I insert the URL with the graphs into the HS screens? I know it is must be plastered everywhere.

What is a Text Element? It looks like some property in HS Touch ?

I've tried using HSDesigner in the past and got frustrated trying to resize existing screens to fit. People say there's a utility for it on here somewhere but have not stumbled across it yet. This is a different issue anyway.

Just want to inject the graphics into the HSTouch screen/stream/whatever.

I know this is a lame question. I'd love to make my own screens - just so many other cool things keep popping up to setup. Lack of patience, creativity, and graphic ability.

Comment

Here's a composite that I make up for upload to WUN using Jon's great scripts. I am starting to change this as I am going to a MP IP weather cam and going to make the picture a bit larger at 720P resolution such that there will be more "stuff" embedded in the upload.

I utilize the scripts for pages in HSTouch clients too. Works great.

The graph you see in this picture is generated by HS MCSTemperature and is an actual JPG. The radar picture from the internet.

The second picture attached is an HTML grab that I also utilize.

I save the HTML snapshots with Jon's script as a generic name for my weather stuff; IE: weathermap dot jpg dot com. This picture is updated every 10 minutes or so. If you put it in your HSTouch screen it'll update itself.

Go slow one thing at a time. Play around with the HSTouch screens; you can do much with them. Watch the you tube instructional videos available for HSTouch stuff. Experiement.

I connected a computer to the LCD display in the home office just to play with HSTouch screens and provide a base status on the house touch screens and to compensate for my "old" vision these days.. (3rd picture).
        Attached Files
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
        HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
        HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Damn, good stuff Pete.

You Tube videos for HS Designer, of course. Thanks for the suggestion.

I have Jogglers all over the house now.

Comment

Hello Jon.

I've not tried this until today, but wanted to convert one of the HTML device strings that one of my scripts creates into an image so I could manipulate it a little easier in HSTouch. Unfortunately, your HTML2Image utility doesn't seem to like it. I get the following error in the HS log:

Error at Webgrab Subroutine Block 1 (Illegal characters in path.)

The device string displays just fine on the HS status page, and I've used it before in HSTouch where I had plenty of space.

I see others have had similar error in the Webgrab routine Block 1, but withdifferent causes (in the parens).

Any ideas? I can send you the html string in a file if you like.

Steve

Comment

Yes, please send me the html string via email and I will take a look.
              Jon

Comment

Email is on its way.

Letting you know in case all my mail is routed to your junk folder.

Steve

Comment

I have replied!
                  Jon

Comment

Originally posted by stevea View Post
                    Hello Jon.

I've not tried this until today, but wanted to convert one of the HTML device strings that one of my scripts creates into an image so I could manipulate it a little easier in HSTouch. Unfortunately, your HTML2Image utility doesn't seem to like it. I get the following error in the HS log:

Error at Webgrab Subroutine Block 1 (Illegal characters in path.)

The device string displays just fine on the HS status page, and I've used it before in HSTouch where I had plenty of space.

I see others have had similar error in the Webgrab routine Block 1, but withdifferent causes (in the parens).

Any ideas? I can send you the html string in a file if you like.

Steve
                    The issue was actually caused by the use of the <hspath> tag in the image file path. This has now been corrected with V1.04 and available to download.
                    Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
                      The issue was actually caused by the use of the <hspath> tag in the image file path. This has now been corrected with V1.04 and available to download.
                      And I can attest to the fact that it is working great! This is going to change lots of stuff on my HSTouch screens. I've already go my last 10 phone calls from Snevl CID displaying on my phone.

Thanks Jon!

Steve

Comment

Here starting to think about a remote indirect but direct status page of sorts say created with Jon's utility updated ever minute or so; but only providing status initially.
                        - Pete

Auto mator
                        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                        HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                        HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                          Here starting to think about a remote indirect but direct status page of sorts say created with Jon's utility updated ever minute or so; but only providing status initially.
                          That's exactly it Pete. There are several places that I do logging of events in a database: doors opening & closing, TVs on and off, cars coming and going, and motion. Like SnevlCID and the phone, each database update is caused by an event of some sort, and I can then take the most recent N of those items in the database and put them into a nice table. As just HTML it's very hard in HSTouch to have these tables scale the way you want and look nice. However, since these are tables I would only want to see (nothing to interact with) I can use Jon's utility so that right after I create the table I create an image of it for HSTouch.

Steve

Comment

Version 2 is now available

I have now updated this package to version 2 due to a known memory leak issue with the .NET WebBrowser object which is used by the script.

To update, you just need to replace the script and add the supplied exe file to your Homeseer root folder.

If you have any issues with this new version, please let me know.
                            Jon

Comment

Hm...Jon, link doesn't seem to be working.

I was able to download other things from your website, but not this (which I use a LOT to pull video from the web to push to my HStouch clients)...so I'd like to update ASAP.

Thanks!

--Dan
                              Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

Try using IE rather than Opera.
                                Jon

Comment

Working...
                                X