Jon00 HTML to Image Utility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, wll check email later.

If you are getting funny resolutions, please ensure you set the WBWidth and WBHeight entries to something suitable. If you can see the map in your 1280 by 1024 screen, use those values.
    Jon

Comment

Thanks Jon00,

Setting the WBWidth and WBHeight to my resolution fixed it perfectly.

Thanks!
      HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Facebook | Twitter | Flickr | Google+ | Website | YouTube

Comment

This was the error, it does appear as if sometimes the images are not being saved

Code:
        11/2/2012 10:41:00 PM Jon00 HTML2Image error log
        11/2/2012 10:41:00 PM Error at Webgrab Subroutine Block 2 Thread was being aborted.
        11/2/2012 10:41:00 PM Error at Webgrab Subroutine Block 1 Thread was being aborted.
        11/2/2012 11:01:00 PM Error at Webgrab Subroutine Block 2 Thread was being aborted.
        11/2/2012 11:01:00 PM Error at Webgrab Subroutine Block 1 Thread was being aborted.
        11/2/2012 11:21:00 PM Error at Webgrab Subroutine Block 2 Thread was being aborted.
        11/2/2012 11:21:00 PM Error at Webgrab Subroutine Block 1 Thread was being aborted.
        11/2/2012 11:37:23 PM Error at Webgrab Subroutine Block 2 Thread was being aborted.
        11/2/2012 11:37:23 PM Error at Webgrab Subroutine Block 1 Thread was being aborted.
        HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Comment

Are you using the latest version on my site with the separate exe?
          Jon

Comment

yep sure am

Comment

Hmm...I'm not sure at the moment.

Are you creating a number of images? If so, try calling them one by one with a delay between them. Also, how often are you calling the script?
              Jon

Comment

Its normally only being called once, when a fire call is received.
                I did notice though, similar to the Capture2Image utility it appears as if the files are not being deleted or overridden prior to a new picture being generated. So the previous picture always remains.

On a side note, with the Capture2Image utility, is there any way to open Internet Explorer and force it to be on top with focus? so no windows open over it?

Id prefer to use this utility if i could, as it may get over those sort of issues, i think you have a copy of the link which is slightly unusual in the amount of flash etc being loaded. It does actually load, but it sometimes seems that the delay is not long enough (even though it is around 40 seconds!) lol.

Thanks for all your help, with my no doubt frustrating questions.

Comment

Hi Jon,

Thanks for making this available. I downloaded it yesterday and configured it today and it works great. I'm using it to grab status screens of special webpages on my HS server which I'm then displaying as the screen saver on a few SqueezeBox radios. So far I've created three (weather, security system status and thermostats), and have plans for a few more.

Cheers
                  Al
                  HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                  Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by travisdh View Post
                    On a side note, with the Capture2Image utility, is there any way to open Internet Explorer and force it to be on top with focus? so no windows open over it?
                    There is no focus but the idea is that you set the application to minimise all windows first, then load IE, close IE after capture and finally restore existing windows back as they were before.
                    Jon

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
                      Hi Jon,

Thanks for making this available. I downloaded it yesterday and configured it today and it works great. I'm using it to grab status screens of special webpages on my HS server which I'm then displaying as the screen saver on a few SqueezeBox radios. So far I've created three (weather, security system status and thermostats), and have plans for a few more.

Cheers
                      Al
                      Thanks very much...glad it is of some use!
                      Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
                        There is no focus but the idea is that you set the application to minimise all windows first, then load IE, close IE after capture and finally restore existing windows back as they were before.
                        Thanks Jon00,

I was having trouble with a batch file running on the PC (I set it running) and murphy's law said that it often opened right at the same time as the image was being captured lol. I ended up creating a shortcut to the batch file, and set it to run minimized and it appears to have fixed the issue.

Thanks!

Comment

This is good to hear. Even if you did have control of the focus, the batch file would still have run on top if it started running during the capture process.
                          Jon

Comment

Originally posted by travisdh View Post
                            You might want to take a look at AutoIt. It has all sorts of functions to manipulate windows (and specifically lots to manipulate IE), and it can link in with HS objects really well too. Just takes some scripting.

Steve

Comment

I use your jon00Graphing script and i try to use the graph in HStouch. If i did understand it right i can use this scrip to show the grapf in HStouch.
                              But, i dont understand how it works. did try to read the manual but it didn`s say anything about hstouch?
                              What must i do with the ini. file to make it work?
                              Hope you can try to explane what i must do...

Comment

What this does is to convert any Homeseer virtual device or web page to a standard image file (i.e. png or jpg). It has optional crop capabilities so that you can just save the area that you interested in. Obviously, this feature is not necessary with the graphs. You can then display the saved image for use in HSTouch or another web page etc.

As an example ini, this will capture virtual device w98 and save the image graph1.png in the folder D:\temp

[Capture1]
                                URL=devicestring w98
                                ImagePath=D:\temp\graph1.png
                                crop=

If you do not show the path i.e.

[Capture1]
                                URL=devicestring w98
                                ImagePath=graph1.png
                                crop=

The image graph1.png is stored in your Homeseer\HTML\Images folder which you can then show in HSTouch.
                                Jon

Comment

Working...
                                X