This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Spud,

Just looking at converting to HS3 and in the process came across your plugin, I am a movie fan and use XBMC alot so this plugin is going to be a great asset to me.

My wish is auto scrolling of movies in show case view.

Just a little background, I used a programe called Vox commando which is a voice control software, which allowed you to speak commands to your xbmc , Play, stop, and a few others, one of those commands was scroll movies fast slow etc, but I have never been able to replicate the scroll action via one button push,
    Would be nice to scroll through your movie collection without having to constantly press a button to scroll

You seem to be working wonders with your plugin could you do scroll?

Thanks

Comment

FF and Rew

Originally posted by spud View Post
      Good idea, I'm going to add a "remote" device with the following buttons: left, up, right, down, select, back, home, context menu, show osd, show codec.
      Not sure if I'm missing anything, but on the Remote Control device, why no Fast Forward/Rewind?

Great plugin by the way.

Comment

I agree about the great plugin, would it be possible to use some kind of script that will allow to get to the Video or TV live or Picture as of this example:
        hs.PluginFunction("XBMC", "", "GetPictureMenu") this script would get to the picture screen without using the mouse or keyboard. To make it clearer, I would like to get into the "EPG timeline" without going thru "Live Tv" then EPG, then timeline.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by aldo View Post
          I agree about the great plugin, would it be possible to use some kind of script that will allow to get to the Video or TV live or Picture as of this example:
          hs.PluginFunction("XBMC", "", "GetPictureMenu") this script would get to the picture screen without using the mouse or keyboard. To make it clearer, I would like to get into the "EPG timeline" without going thru "Live Tv" then EPG, then timeline.

Thanks
          Have you tried the "GUI Activate Window" action?
          With this action you can jump directly to any screen you want. Not sure about "EPG timeline" as I don't know what it is...

Comment

Originally posted by bearben25 View Post
            Not sure if I'm missing anything, but on the Remote Control device, why no Fast Forward/Rewind?

Great plugin by the way.
            Yeah, I will add them, but maybe better to add them in the Status device next to "Play/Pause, Stop, Previous, Next" buttons, as this is usually where you expect them to be.

Comment

Originally posted by S.Morris View Post
              Hi Spud,

Just looking at converting to HS3 and in the process came across your plugin, I am a movie fan and use XBMC alot so this plugin is going to be a great asset to me.

My wish is auto scrolling of movies in show case view.

Just a little background, I used a programe called Vox commando which is a voice control software, which allowed you to speak commands to your xbmc , Play, stop, and a few others, one of those commands was scroll movies fast slow etc, but I have never been able to replicate the scroll action via one button push,
              Would be nice to scroll through your movie collection without having to constantly press a button to scroll

You seem to be working wonders with your plugin could you do scroll?

Thanks
              I couldn't find anything like this as a native function of XBMC, so I'm going to try to implement this by sending Input.Left actions in a loop until another input is received by XBMC. Stay tuned!

Comment

I couldn't find anything like this as a native function of XBMC, so I'm going to try to implement this by sending Input.Left actions in a loop until another input is received by XBMC. Stay tuned!
                Thanks spud

Must admit I don't know how Vox command does it, but it is great, you just say scroll fast or scroll slow then stop at the movie of your choice,it will even play if given the command.

I know we couldn't have all that but something that allows us to scroll the movie would be great

Comment

Thanks spud

Must admit I don't know how Vox command does it, but it is great, you just say scroll fast or scroll slow then stop at the movie of your choice,it will even play if given the command.

I know we couldn't have all that but something that allows us to scroll the movie would be great
                  I tried to implement the scroll function, but I couldn't find a way to make it work very well. Sorry!
                  I would have to take a look at Vox command to see how it does it, but I have no time for that right now.

Comment

Originally posted by bearben25 View Post

Great plugin by the way.
                    I have added Rewind and Fast Forward buttons in the Status device in version 3.0.0.15. (available here)
                    You have to delete your Status device and restart the plugin for those devices to show up.

Comment

I tried to implement the scroll function, but I couldn't find a way to make it work very well. Sorry!
                      I would have to take a look at Vox command to see how it does it, but I have no time for that right now.
                      Thanks for looking spud

Comment

Hi Spud,

I did look but couldn't see a shut down and restart command for XBMC, Only for system.

also a way to select letters when browsing movie collection so it jumps to the start of a letter group i.e selecting T would take you to movies beginning with T, Did see " send letter " in the commands and tried that but it didn't seem to do much, Is that what its for?

Comment

Hi Spud,
                          I did look but couldn't see a shut down and restart command for XBMC, Only for system.
                          I have added a "Application Quit" action in version 3.0.0.16

also a way to select letters when browsing movie collection so it jumps to the start of a letter group i.e selecting T would take you to movies beginning with T, Did see " send letter " in the commands and tried that but it didn't seem to do much, Is that what its for?
                          How do you browse your movie collection?
                          Can you do the "select letters" thing from the XBMC GUI?
                          I tried (using Confluence skin here) but typing letters does not have the effect you are describing. To do that I have to open the filter screen, and enter a letter.

Comment

List jumping

I have added a "Application Quit" action in version 3.0.0.16

How do you browse your movie collection?
                            Can you do the "select letters" thing from the XBMC GUI?
                            I tried (using Confluence skin here) but typing letters does not have the effect you are describing. To do that I have to open the filter screen, and enter a letter.
                            You can do it XBMC a couple of ways. If you had a keyboard, you can press Shift+Letter to get to the first movie in that letter (i.e. Shift+E). I've also read that you can use the keyboard.xml and use JumpSMS2,JumpSMS3, etc. to jump around. I echo the request. I have a mid size library and scrolling sometimes can be a bear. If there was a way to do some shortcuts that would be great.

Currently this is my favorite plugin, it has a lot of potential.

Comment

Hi Spud,

I am using MQ5 in showcase view and use a xbmc remote and plugin which allow me to jump letters, also like bearben25 stated you can use a keyboard

great plugin thanks for all your hard work and prompt response

Comment

Hi Spud,

Now that you have put a xbmc exit in the plugin, Thankyou for that ,would it be possible to add a start command as well

Comment

Working...
                                X