Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DIY replace old Brinks/ADT with DSC 1864

Hey all,

Thoughts from the experts. I have an current Brinks/ADT system. I want to get rid of them and the cost and install my own DSC 1864 with the wireless board. I would like to utilize some of my hard wired but go more wireless.

So what is the best way to swap out the boards. I want to make sure I match up the wires from old to new. Any links, diagrams or videos to make something like this easier.

Also, when I cancel ADT will they come rip out the old stuff and make a mess of the current wires or it all that old equipment mine?

Looking to make this as easy a process as I can and looking for others who already did this and things they would do different.

Once its all done then I will integrate it all in with HomeSeer!

thanks for the help

I just installed my 1864 using this video. The channel likely has all you need to do what you are hoping. I didn't go with any wireless, but did go with Spud's Envisalink. It's fantastic!

And for different - I would have run more wires! With Spuds plugin, all my doors, windows and motions for alarms can be triggers. I would have alarmed the pantry door with a contact just to turn light on etc and utilized more direct wire DSC motions as they are cheaper and more reliable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfTdZ_xwGJk

Comment

Thanks for the info!!!

Comment

Working...
      X