Easy Trigger Group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by andyf View Post
    I thought about that. When I was using location2 as the search criteria I abbreviated location2 for the devices I needed in the group. So Downstairs became KI. Downstairs became LR... etc. Now you were updating the plug-in to use the Config to create group name I reverted the location2 back to what it was. This caused the windows to be too small to identify the individual nodes. Is it possible to make the windows stretchable?
    I can't change the window size from the plugin, but we can do it by changing the css:

edit html/css/hs.css and change the following lines (line 374):

Code:
    /* selector pop-up layout */
    .selectorleft {width:200px;}
    .selectorright {width:200px;}
    to

Code:
    .selectorleft {min-width:200px;}
    .selectorright {min-width:200px;}
    I will ask Rich, if this can be changed permanently in the next version of HS3

Comment

Put the change in the custom.css file. It does not get overwritten when a new version is installed.

The custom.css is intended to be used to override the hs.css.
      --
      Jeff Farmer
      HS 3, HSPhone
      My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
      Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

I made the changes to both files. Restarted HS. The window is the same size and doesn't seem to be stretchable. However, I can move the window around now. Not sure if it was that way before. Will revert back.

Comment

I abbreviated location2 which allowed me to setup a group. The group contains all devices in the Kitchen that can be turned on or off. This is to allow me to light up an LED on a KeypadLinc to show that something in the Kitchen is ON.

I turned on the debug log for EasyTrigger and get this when something in the Kitchen is turned ON.

Oct-05 5:40:18 AM EasyTrigger DEBUG Device 403 changed
          Oct-05 5:40:17 AM EasyTrigger DEBUG Stack: at HSPI_EasyTrigger.EasyTriggerApp.HSEvent (HSEvent eventType, System.Object[] parms) [0x00000] in :0
          Oct-05 5:40:17 AM EasyTrigger ERROR HSEvent callback. Object reference not set to an instance of an object
          Oct-05 5:40:17 AM EasyTrigger DEBUG Device 22 value changed from 0 to 255
          Oct-05 5:40:17 AM Z-Wave Device: Downstairs Kitchen KI.(Cabinet-L)_ZW Set to 255
          Oct-05 5:40:17 AM EasyTrigger DEBUG Stack: at HSPI_EasyTrigger.EasyTriggerApp.HSEvent (HSEvent eventType, System.Object[] parms) [0x00000] in :0
          Oct-05 5:40:17 AM EasyTrigger ERROR HSEvent callback. Object reference not set to an instance of an object
          Oct-05 5:40:17 AM EasyTrigger DEBUG Device 23 value changed from 0 to 255
          Oct-05 5:40:17 AM Z-Wave Device: Downstairs Kitchen KI.(Cabinet-R)_ZW Set to 255
          Oct-05 5:40:16 AM EasyTrigger DEBUG Stack: at HSPI_EasyTrigger.EasyTriggerApp.HSEvent (HSEvent eventType, System.Object[] parms) [0x00000] in :0
          Oct-05 5:40:16 AM EasyTrigger ERROR HSEvent callback. Object reference not set to an instance of an object
          Oct-05 5:40:16 AM EasyTrigger DEBUG Device 486 value changed from 0 to 100
          Oct-05 5:40:16 AM Device Control Device: Downstairs Kitchen KI.(Cabinet-L)_ZW to On (255)
          Oct-05 5:40:16 AM Event Event Trigger "KITCHEN KI.(KPL-B).CabinetLights.On"
          Attached Files

Comment

I made the changes to both files. Restarted HS. The window is the same size and doesn't seem to be stretchable. However, I can move the window around now. Not sure if it was that way before. Will revert back.
            your web browser cache this css, you need to force a full refresh (shift + F5) after you made the changes

Comment

I abbreviated location2 which allowed me to setup a group. The group contains all devices in the Kitchen that can be turned on or off. This is to allow me to light up an LED on a KeypadLinc to show that something in the Kitchen is ON.

I turned on the debug log for EasyTrigger and get this when something in the Kitchen is turned ON.

Oct-05 5:40:18 AM EasyTrigger DEBUG Device 403 changed
              Oct-05 5:40:17 AM EasyTrigger DEBUG Device 22 value changed from 0 to 255
              Oct-05 5:40:17 AM Z-Wave Device: Downstairs Kitchen KI.(Cabinet-L)_ZW Set to 255
              Oct-05 5:40:17 AM EasyTrigger DEBUG Device 23 value changed from 0 to 255
              Oct-05 5:40:17 AM Z-Wave Device: Downstairs Kitchen KI.(Cabinet-R)_ZW Set to 255
              Oct-05 5:40:16 AM EasyTrigger DEBUG Stack: at HSPI_EasyTrigger.EasyTriggerApp.HSEvent (HSEvent eventType, System.Object[] parms) [0x00000] in :0
              Oct-05 5:40:16 AM EasyTrigger ERROR HSEvent callback. Object reference not set to an instance of an object
              Oct-05 5:40:16 AM EasyTrigger DEBUG Device 486 value changed from 0 to 100
              Oct-05 5:40:16 AM Device Control Device: Downstairs Kitchen KI.(Cabinet-L)_ZW to On (255)
              Oct-05 5:40:16 AM Event Event Trigger "KITCHEN KI.(KPL-B).CabinetLights.On"
              You probably still have some old triggers built with the previous version, delete or update them and then restart the plugin.

Comment

Excellent. That fixed the errors in the log. Didn't need to restart the plug-in. I guess it wasn't enough to disable the events. I'm going to try the window re-sizing now. Safari on a Mac is tough to clear it's caches even when you tell it to.

Comment

Originally posted by CFGuy View Post
                  Put the change in the custom.css file. It does not get overwritten when a new version is installed.

The custom.css is intended to be used to override the hs.css.
                  The Custom.css has a comment that says it overrides Style.css. No mention of hs.css.

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
                    I can't change the window size from the plugin, but we can do it by changing the css:

Code:
                    to

Code:
                    Perfect. This resolves the window sizing issue. Thanks.

Comment

Code:
                      to

Code:
                      Looking at Jeff's suggestion, I found some interesting behavior. Using min-width in hs.css works fine, but does get overwritten on a restart. The two windows dynamically resize to fit the devices. Adding min-width to custom.css has no effect, but setting the pixel width to 300 does. As a result I added
                      Code:
                      .selectorleft {width:300px;}
                      .selectorright {width:300px;}
                      This gives 50% more width to each window and does persist over a restart, but it is not dynamic like the code you suggest. I'm not sure if you want to point this out to Rich, but I did confirm it by going through the exercise a couple of times.
                      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
                        Looking at Jeff's suggestion, I found some interesting behavior. Using min-width in hs.css works fine, but does get overwritten on a restart. The two windows dynamically resize to fit the devices. Adding min-width to custom.css has no effect, but setting the pixel width to 300 does. As a result I added
                        Code:
                        .selectorleft {width:300px;}
                        .selectorright {width:300px;}
                        This gives 50% more width to each window and does persist over a restart, but it is not dynamic like the code you suggest. I'm not sure if you want to point this out to Rich, but I did confirm it by going through the exercise a couple of times.
                        I haven't tested, but I think you may need to override the width parameter in custom.css, so try this:

Code:
                        .selectorleft {min-width:200px; width:auto;}
                        .selectorright {min-width:200px; width:auto;}

Comment

I haven't tested, but I think you may need to override the width parameter in custom.css, so try this:

Code:
                          This does work.

Thanks.
                          HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

FYI, Rich just put the changes in the master css file.

Comment

Code:
                              Works for me too.

Comment

Spud
                                What happened to ALL in the Group? When I installed this beta looks like the only thing available is ANY.

Comment

Working...
                                X