This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bpwwer View Post
    Well, I wouldn't go that far yet. The HomeTroller seems like a pretty nice little box. It sounds like the new OS image didn't install properly. I'd try the restore flash again.

The .NET 3.0 should be in c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v3.0

If it really doesn't have .net 3.0, they maybe you need to make some queries to make sure you got the right restore flash.
    Thanks for the file location.. that was an easier way to check the .net version. There is definitely no .net 3 and the flash definitely is labeled 1.2. I can reflash but that is a major deal since it means re-installing voices and everything else that has registry entries and I may still not fix it if the Flash is actually mis-labeled. In terms of downtime, I am still leaning towards a new box as the quickest fix.

Comment

Good thing my system was starting to act a little weird so I came here looking for updates and saw the plug-in is officially available! I'm all registered and installed but my experience has been a bit different....

First attempt with HS2 2.3.0.77 (beta) failed so I upgraded to HS2 2.3.0.122 (beta). It was then that I noticed another dialog box under the installation wizard asking if the plugin should be activated upon HS2 startup!!! But, alas the setting doesn't work and you have to manually enable the plugin. So, what were the steps that took over an hour to figure out????

1) Shutdown HS2
      2) Removed beta hspi_hsisy.dll
      3) Start HS2
      4) Download ISY Plugin from the HS updater
      5) Wait for updater to say HS2 must be restarted
      6) Shutdown HS2
      7) Start HS2
      8) Install wizard appears, click next buttons
      9) Install wizard appears stuck, ~98% done
      10) Move install wizard window, find additional window
      11) Click "Okay" on additional window, confirming I want ISY to start w/HS2
      12) Windows vanishes and install wizard completes
      13) Shutdown HS2
      14) Start HS2
      15) Start IE and navigate to "Plug-Ins" ... no ISY Plugin....
      16) Navigate to "Tools" -> "Setup / Configuration" -> "Interfaces"
      17) Enable the ISY Plugin (wasn't this what the wizard was asking?!?!)
      18) Click on config and confirm settings....

Of course you need to register and such but the above is what it took to deploy with an HS2 v2.3.0.122 (Beta) system.

Hopefully this will help save someone a little time.....

- Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Doolittle View Post
        Good thing my system was starting to act a little weird so I came here looking for updates and saw the plug-in is officially available! I'm all registered and installed but my experience has been a bit different....

First attempt with HS2 2.3.0.77 (beta) failed so I upgraded to HS2 2.3.0.122 (beta). It was then that I noticed another dialog box under the installation wizard asking if the plugin should be activated upon HS2 startup!!! But, alas the setting doesn't work and you have to manually enable the plugin. So, what were the steps that took over an hour to figure out????

1) Shutdown HS2
        2) Removed beta hspi_hsisy.dll
        3) Start HS2
        4) Download ISY Plugin from the HS updater
        5) Wait for updater to say HS2 must be restarted
        6) Shutdown HS2
        7) Start HS2
        8) Install wizard appears, click next buttons
        9) Install wizard appears stuck, ~98% done
        10) Move install wizard window, find additional window
        11) Click "Okay" on additional window, confirming I want ISY to start w/HS2
        12) Windows vanishes and install wizard completes
        13) Shutdown HS2
        14) Start HS2
        15) Start IE and navigate to "Plug-Ins" ... no ISY Plugin....
        16) Navigate to "Tools" -> "Setup / Configuration" -> "Interfaces"
        17) Enable the ISY Plugin (wasn't this what the wizard was asking?!?!)
        18) Click on config and confirm settings....

Of course you need to register and such but the above is what it took to deploy with an HS2 v2.3.0.122 (Beta) system.

Hopefully this will help save someone a little time.....

- Jeff
        Thanks for the detailed list of steps! With all the times I've run the installer, I haven't seen it open that window underneath the other one, but I have had windows do that to me be before. I'll make sure I put a note in the install instructions to watch out for this.

I don't know why the installer didn't automatically enable the plug-in. I can't remember if it did for me the first time I ran it or not. I'll be doing a fresh install as I update the instructions so I'll make sure to check this and fix it if I can (the installer comes from HomeSeer).

Thanks again for the detailed step-by-step.
        --
        Bob Paauwe
        ISYInsteon Plug-in
        http://www.bobsplace.com/ISYInsteon/

Comment

Where is it?

I have purchased the plug in but when I go to the updater, I can't find the plug-in. What is it called and what section is it under?

Comment

Nevermind!! Found it!

Comment

Lol, I didnt notice the plugin stopped & I just went to upgrade. Did I miss the coupon code?

Comment

Originally posted by richtj99 View Post
                Lol, I didnt notice the plugin stopped & I just went to upgrade. Did I miss the coupon code?
                Yeah, the code was only good for Sept. Sorry!
                --
                Bob Paauwe
                ISYInsteon Plug-in
                http://www.bobsplace.com/ISYInsteon/

Comment

Working...
                X