www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > HomeSeer Products & Services > HomeSeer Software > HomeSeer and Google Home

HomeSeer and Google Home Discussions related to using HomeSeer with the Google Home device

Old October 25th, 2017, 09:00 AM
Seer Deluxe

On at last level

I have dimmable z-wave switches and want them to be turned on at the last level when I say "OK, Google, turn on the ____ light." Is there a way to make this happen as opposed to having it come on at 100%?
Old October 25th, 2017, 04:51 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksum View Post
I have dimmable z-wave switches and want them to be turned on at the last level when I say "OK, Google, turn on the ____ light." Is there a way to make this happen as opposed to having it come on at 100%?
The way I have done this with Alexa (I imagine the principle is the same) is that in the device properties / status graphics page you will have the drop down for control use. You could change the on last level to have the control use of on and then when it tries to turn it on in actual fact it is turning it on to the last level.

Be aware that there may be other implications of that however such as toggle buttons in HSTouch will instead toggle it between off and last level rather than off and on.

Another option is to use another go between device in that you have a virtual device that turns off/on and this has a voice command for Google, this in turn has events that turn the real light which has no voice command.
Old October 31st, 2017, 10:19 AM
Seer Deluxe

Resolved

So for Google Home the setup is the same. The Status Graphic setting for Control Use needs to be On as opposed to Alternate On with the Value kept at 255 while the original setting for On is changed to Alternate On.

Yes, this does change the way the Toggle works for HSTouch, but I personally like this better as it all now works the same as turning on the switch at the wall. Consistency is great, so all is good!

Thank you for getting me there.
Karl