Echo knows what room it's in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Echo knows what room it's in

I swear I've read this, but no amount of searching can find it.

I thought echos could now be set to understand what room they are in...so if you walk into a bedroom and say turn on the lights, i would turn on the lights in that room?

I have room to room intercom working, and i understand the newer scenes function, but can't find this individual control by room?

In the echo app, create a new group named something like bedroom. then when you edit that group, such as assigning devices to it, you can also assign an echo to it.

Comment

Originally posted by DevinH View Post
      In the echo app, create a new group named something like bedroom. then when you edit that group, such as assigning devices to it, you can also assign an echo to it.
      THanks! turns out that is only available in the android (or iPhone) app and NOT in the web app. go figure.

Comment

This Alexa group does not seem to work with HS3 devices yet.

I have HomeSeer and Hue lights (directly connected, not via HS3 plugin) devices on Alexa. I also have a smarthome group called "Office", along with the corresponding Echo, Hue Lights, and HS3 light (Z-Wave dimmer).

When I say "turn lights off", only the Hue lights turn off in the office. The HS3 light doesn't change for some reason with this new feature.

Any idea why not?

Comment

Originally posted by AgileHumor View Post
          This Alexa group does not seem to work with HS3 devices yet.

I have HomeSeer and Hue lights (directly connected, not via HS3 plugin) devices on Alexa. I also have a smarthome group called "Office", along with the corresponding Echo, Hue Lights, and HS3 light (Z-Wave dimmer).

When I say "turn lights off", only the Hue lights turn off in the office. The HS3 light doesn't change for some reason with this new feature.

Any idea why not?
          Check out this post. https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=191400

Originally Posted by rjh View Post
          I think it might be a V3 API issue which is being worked on so we will post when the update is available.
          Hi Rich, any update when this will be working?...as of 11/8/17. rjh Coding it now, hopefully it will be out in a couple of weeks.

Comment

Working...
          X