www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > HomeSeer Products & Services > HomeSeer Software > HomeSeer and Google Home

HomeSeer and Google Home Discussions related to using HomeSeer with the Google Home device

Old December 4th, 2017, 10:04 PM
Seer Master

Possible to create a third party Google Assistant Service?

I know that HS can't create a Google assistant service as they have to choose the service (as homeseer to) or the direct connection.

However, I'm wondering if it would be possible for a third part developer (or a group of us) to create a Google assistant service. I know RHS did this for the Vera a bit ago as I got an email about it (former Vera user here).

I think with the Google Assistant services you can even do conversations that remain alive, similar to how you can with Jon00's Alexa helper.

What are people's thoughts on this?
Old December 12th, 2017, 02:07 PM
Seer Master

Anyone interested in such a service/plugin? I know that unlike Alexa, Google lets you set up "shortcuts". For instance on my Harmony instead of saying "Hey Google, Ask harmony to turn on the tV" I can set up a shortcut to say "Hey Google, turn on the TV" and it map to the previous command (without having to say "ask Harmony").