www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > HomeSeer Products & Services > HomeSeer Software > HomeSeer and Google Home

HomeSeer and Google Home Discussions related to using HomeSeer with the Google Home device

Old December 11th, 2017, 08:46 PM
Seer Deluxe

GH doesn't understand devices with similar names

Previous when I used Vera and HA Bridge, I just give the device a nick name and never an issue.

IE:
Living Room Table Lights
Family Room Tables Lights

In HS I name them simply table lights and assign rooms. Then in Google Assistant, I assign the room and provide a nick name. I've tried both ways, adding the room names to the nickname as well as keep it just the device name of table lights.

If I say anything with table lights, both lights will be triggered.

Not one but any device I have with similar configuration have same results. How do you guys over come this? Or did you simply rename the device in HS?
Old December 12th, 2017, 03:19 PM
Seer

The way I resolved it was to rename the device to "Table Light" With GH whenever you use plural, is will shut off multiple devices. I have a support issue open with Google on this , and was escalated to their Highest Tier" according to the original support rep I was dealing with. They recognize this issue as a bug.
Old December 14th, 2017, 06:18 PM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by mradonis View Post
The way I resolved it was to rename the device to "Table Light" With GH whenever you use plural, is will shut off multiple devices. I have a support issue open with Google on this , and was escalated to their Highest Tier" according to the original support rep I was dealing with. They recognize this issue as a bug.
The plural seems to work well and easy fix. Thx for the tip