www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > HomeSeer Products & Services > HomeSeer Software > HomeSeer and Google Home

HomeSeer and Google Home Discussions related to using HomeSeer with the Google Home device

Old December 3rd, 2017, 11:22 AM
HomeSeer Technologies

Try this. Disable all device from a voice command (you can do this as a batch from the device management page). Then just enable one lighting device and then sync your account. See if that one device then appears. If so, you can enable more devices until it stops working. There may be a device that is messing it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ando1 View Post
@Ultrajones,

I am seeing the same behavior when I try to add the Homeseer skill to my iPhone. Did you find a solution to this?

Thanks,
Andy

website | products | support | youtube
Old December 3rd, 2017, 11:23 AM
HomeSeer Technologies

We will hook up a stelpro here and check it out, will get back to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldriver View Post
not sure you saw my post, my 8 stelpro thermostat don't show up in the google home

All my Stelpro thermostat even if I activate the "voice command" they never make it in the google home liste of devices.
I activated the "voice command on the grandparent device first and tried to add it to google home without any success and then I tried the same if I activate the "voice command" on all child devices still no luck

do you have any advice for me ?
Old December 3rd, 2017, 11:24 AM
Seer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjh View Post
Maybe the Insteon thermostats are not set up properly, I can check with Mark.

Go to the status/graphics tab on the thermostat devices and make sure all the pairs of the proper ControlUse property set. The property should be obvious. For example, for the Heat Setpoint, the ControlUse would be set to the HeatSetPoint value. The ControlUse setting is the key to get Alexa and Google working properly.
I am having an issue adding 2gig CT100 to Google home. They work fine on Alexa but do not show up in Google.Home. the controluse settings appear to be correct. Any thoughts?

Thanks
Old December 3rd, 2017, 11:33 AM
HomeSeer Technologies

I am checking with the developer on the thermostat support, will get back to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mradonis View Post
I am having an issue adding 2gig CT100 to Google home. They work fine on Alexa but do not show up in Google.Home. the controluse settings appear to be correct. Any thoughts?

Thanks
Old December 3rd, 2017, 11:36 AM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
We will hook up a stelpro here and check it out, will get back to you.

Just so you know, even tough I don’t already have an amazon device, I created an Alexa account and all my switch and thermostat were detected there.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk
Old December 3rd, 2017, 04:33 PM
Seer Plus

Quote:
Try this. Disable all device from a voice command (you can do this as a batch from the device management page). Then just enable one lighting device and then sync your account. See if that one device then appears. If so, you can enable more devices until it stops working. There may be a device that is messing it up.

Rich,

I was able to get it to work with enabling one device, however when I try to add more it fails (no more devices are added). It is frustrating as I was using my echo devices with the ha-bridge and they worked perfectly. I only setup MyHS service just to try out GH and cannot get it to work properly. I wish we could use the ha-bridge with GH.
Old December 3rd, 2017, 05:39 PM
HomeSeer Technologies

If you enable more devices of the same type, does that work? You need to unlink and re-link to pick up new devices.

I have a bunch in my home using GH so I just need to know which device type is messing it up.

We are dedicated to get this working 100% and will be looking at it first thing in the morning. Leave some devices connected in the bad state and then email me your myhs login name and we will connect and determine the issue. Email me at rjh at home....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ando1 View Post
Rich,

I was able to get it to work with enabling one device, however when I try to add more it fails (no more devices are added). It is frustrating as I was using my echo devices with the ha-bridge and they worked perfectly. I only setup MyHS service just to try out GH and cannot get it to work properly. I wish we could use the ha-bridge with GH.
Old December 4th, 2017, 12:39 PM
Seer Plus

Quote:
If you enable more devices of the same type, does that work? You need to unlink and re-link to pick up new devices.

I have a bunch in my home using GH so I just need to know which device type is messing it up.

We are dedicated to get this working 100% and will be looking at it first thing in the morning. Leave some devices connected in the bad state and then email me your myhs login name and we will connect and determine the issue. Email me at rjh at home....
Rich,

I was able to add all of my Z-Wave lights (qty 12) and Thermostats (qty 1) using the method you described (and a lot of trial and error), however I am rolling back to just using Alexa and HA-Bridge as I really don't want to use the MyHS service. I have a reliable VPN connection and this is my preferred way to access my home network from outside my house.

Thanks,
Andy
Old December 4th, 2017, 03:40 PM
HomeSeer Technologies

We found and fixed an issue with the thermostats. Please try your thermostats now with Google Home.

Note that it uses the name and voice command property from the thermostat ROOT device. Other devices are not passed to Google Home, we reference them as needed. You will use the name of the root device for the voice command. (or set the "Voice Command" in the device properties.
Old December 4th, 2017, 07:06 PM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
We found and fixed an issue with the thermostats. Please try your thermostats now with Google Home.

Note that it uses the name and voice command property from the thermostat ROOT device. Other devices are not passed to Google Home, we reference them as needed. You will use the name of the root device for the voice command. (or set the "Voice Command" in the device properties.
Thanks, the device creations now works BUT the description entered in the "Voice command" of the root device is not transfered to GH, it transfers the "Device Name" instead (together with the room and floor).

I'll do more testing as to how thermostat work with GH later since I am not home ...
Old December 4th, 2017, 08:37 PM
HomeSeer Technologies

The voice command was not being transferred in the released HS3. Grab the latest beta and should be working. Hoping to get a new release out any day now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldriver View Post
Thanks, the device creations now works BUT the description entered in the "Voice command" of the root device is not transfered to GH, it transfers the "Device Name" instead (together with the room and floor).

I'll do more testing as to how thermostat work with GH later since I am not home ...
Old December 5th, 2017, 12:51 AM
Seer Master

Still a no go with the isy thermostats...
Old December 5th, 2017, 09:48 AM
HomeSeer Technologies

Can you email me your myhs login name so we can take a look. (email to rjh AT home...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrkov View Post
Still a no go with the isy thermostats...
Old December 5th, 2017, 03:10 PM
Seer Master

Quote:
Can you email me your myhs login name so we can take a look. (email to rjh AT home...
Email sent...
Old December 5th, 2017, 05:02 PM
HomeSeer Technologies

For ISY thermostats, the associated devices property in the child devices is not set. It needs to be set to the root device. I have emailed the plugin author so he can put in a fix.
Old December 5th, 2017, 08:36 PM
Seer Master

Hi again,

Bob updated the plugin to have the ControlUse and associations. Now I cant link my homeseer anymore. Can you take a look again?

When I try to link it, I select Homeseer and enter my login details.

It then says "Linking your Homeseer Account". The screen pops up to assign rooms but is empty. About 3-4 seconds later, it closes automatically and then I see a pop up that says "Successfully linked your Homeseer account". But then in the manage accounts screen, it does not show as a linked account, even after several refreshes...

This only happens when I enable voice control on the thermostats.. If I dont enable it on them, then everything works fine.

Last edited by chrkov; December 6th, 2017 at 03:04 PM.
Old December 7th, 2017, 01:01 PM
Seer Master

Quote:
Hi again,

Bob updated the plugin to have the ControlUse and associations. Now I cant link my homeseer anymore. Can you take a look again?

When I try to link it, I select Homeseer and enter my login details.

It then says "Linking your Homeseer Account". The screen pops up to assign rooms but is empty. About 3-4 seconds later, it closes automatically and then I see a pop up that says "Successfully linked your Homeseer account". But then in the manage accounts screen, it does not show as a linked account, even after several refreshes...

This only happens when I enable voice control on the thermostats.. If I dont enable it on them, then everything works fine.
So Bob found an issue with how the Setpoints are done. He corrected that and now my thermostats show up.

Couple issues though.

1. When a thermostat is "off", google says it is unable to connect with it instead of just saying it is off.
2. When I ask for the inside temperatures, it will go through all three thermostats and tell me the mode (unless it is off, then it tells me unable to connect). Should it also tell me the current temp and/or setpoint for the mode it is in? When I was playing with the isy connection, it did do that.
3. I cant seem to set a setpoint on a specific thermostat. If I say "OK google, set the shed thermostat to 70" it tells me "Sorry, it doesnt look like that thermostat is setup yet". But this works fine for my first floor thermostat and my second floor thermostat. I can change the mode on the shed thermostat fine, just the setpoint does not work.
Old December 7th, 2017, 02:35 PM
HomeSeer Technologies

We only use the Root device, so do you have unique names for each thermostat root device? If you are using the "voice command" property, make sure each one is unique.

Quote:
So Bob found an issue with how the Setpoints are done. He corrected that and now my thermostats show up.

Couple issues though.

1. When a thermostat is "off", google says it is unable to connect with it instead of just saying it is off.
2. When I ask for the inside temperatures, it will go through all three thermostats and tell me the mode (unless it is off, then it tells me unable to connect). Should it also tell me the current temp and/or setpoint for the mode it is in? When I was playing with the isy connection, it did do that.
3. I cant seem to set a setpoint on a specific thermostat. If I say "OK google, set the shed thermostat to 70" it tells me "Sorry, it doesnt look like that thermostat is setup yet". But this works fine for my first floor thermostat and my second floor thermostat. I can change the mode on the shed thermostat fine, just the setpoint does not work.
Old December 7th, 2017, 02:54 PM
Seer Master

Yes, They are named

First Floor Thermostat
Second Floor Thermostat
Shed Thermostat
Old December 9th, 2017, 05:58 PM
Seer Master

Rich,

Is there any update on support for thermostats or scenes?

-Tom

Quote:
We are going to add thermostats. I use it in my home, I say a command and the lights respond, seems pretty instant to me, or at least good enough.

As for linking, I have a request into Google about this, but the person who can answer is out, so still waiting. I suspect they will fix this soon.

HSPro/Insteon