No announcement yet.

Omni IIe, X-10, Powerline Interface Module configuration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The dimming of X-10 works fine in PC access as well as all my other smart phone apps.

I see a percentage on the left side of the web interface when I adjust the slider bar. It just doesn't respond to those commands. Only on/off.

Is the HS3 PC software another purchase? Or is it included with the zee 2 box I just got? I currently have a un-configured trial version of the HS3 software on my PC.

Just curious how to proceed...

Comment

Yes, the HS pc version is a different purchase than the Zee.
      It is difficult to troubleshoot without the Zee logs. Can you try sending them again? Note that the logs are on the Zee and not your pc.

Sent from my Galaxy S7 Edge using Tapatalk
      HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
      54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
      Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Good news PatMac!!!

As Rob mentions above it is very important to see the Omni Logs.

Configure the log options as in this picture:

1 - Debug log configuration:

2 - disable the Omni Plugin for a few seconds then re enable the plugin
        3 - validate that your settings in #1 stuck
        4 - download and look at the logs in the log page

5 - you can copy and paste the logs to a text file to post over here if you want.

6 - are you familiar with doing an ssh via a terminal session to your Zee2?
        7 - As Rob mentions above the Zee2 base Homeseer 3 software does not include the optional 3rd party Omni software.
        8 - From what you have written it sounds like everything works except for the TW-523/HAI Panel X10 dimming on the Omni Plugin.
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
        HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
        HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Can I do this with the trial version of HS3? I still have not configured it yet. The first time I ran the trial version It seemed to mess with the web interface already setup.

If y'all think we can get x-10 dimming working. I'll bit the bullet and get HS3 PC software.

6 - are you familiar with doing an ssh via a terminal session to your Zee2? No

7 - As Rob mentions above the Zee2 base Homeseer 3 software does not include the optional 3rd party Omni software.

I already purchased the Omni plugin

Comment

Can I do this with the trial version of HS3?

Yes the Trial version of the Homeseer 3 Zee 2 will run for 30 days.

The default Homeseer 3 Web GUI that you see on your home LAN isn't configured for anything unless you enable the included or optional plugins. With it you get a default connection to myhomeseer dot com that you can see on your SmartPhone. It has a default interface but doesn't really connect to anything unless you configure it. When you enable the Homeseer 3 Omni plugin the plugin creates variables based on your configuration and what you have connected to the Omni Pro panel.

I still have not configured it yet. The first time I ran the trial version It seemed to mess with the web interface already setup.

Rewind a bit please

1 - You have a Zee2 right?
            2 - The Zee2 is a device with Homeseer 3 on it. - no need to purchase another Homeseer 3 license
            3 - The Omni Plugin is a 3rd party Homeseer 3 plugin that you buy to use with your OmniPro panel and your base Homeseer 3 software running on the Zee2.

To me it sounds like you have already purchased the Zee2 and Omni software such that there is no need for any more purchases?

You mention biting the bullet and getting the HS3 PC software. There are three base versions of Homeseer 3.

A PC can be a laptop or desktop running MAC, Linux or Windows. The original Homeseer 1 only ran on Windows PCs. Today Homeseer 3 can run on Linux (including a Raspberry Pi), Windows or a MAC.

Software only

1 - Homeseer 3 standard and pro - This runs on Windows or Linux.

Hardware and built in Homeseer software

1 - Homeseer 3 on the Zee2 - Homeseer lite and it only runs on Linux (Raspberry Pi)
            2 - Homeseer SEL regular or pro - this is a hardware box with Linux running Homeseer standard or pro
            3 - Homeseer S6 regular or pro - this is a Windows 7 embedded box running Homeseer standard or pro.

are you familiar with doing an ssh via a terminal session to your Zee2? No

Well then we will concentrate on seeing the log in the GUI and doing a copy and paste of the log files.

Have you been able to configure the logging? Can you see the logs now?

SSH is a secure shell that you can utilize via a terminal windows on the RPi or remotely from a Mac PC, Windows PC or Linux PC.

The issue at hand is the dimming pieces of the Omni to X10 connected variables that you see in the Homeseer 3 web GUI.

The Omni Plugin will provide you with total control and use of your Omni Panel. No need to purchase any more hardware or software.

Easy peasey stuff.
            Last edited by Pete; October 22, 2017, 05:27 PM.
            - Pete

Auto mator
            Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
            Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
            HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
            HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Ok, we're getting somewhere now. I just e-mailed rob a non blank Omni.log file. Here is the log I got when I tried to dim a unit a few times after successfully turning it on.

10/23/2017 4:07:52 PM [2] [Unit_Dim: unitId=13 dimVal=20]
              10/23/2017 4:07:52 PM [2] [SetIOMulti: CC.Ref=[377] CC.ControlValue=[20]]
              10/23/2017 4:07:45 PM [2] [Unit_Dim: unitId=13 dimVal=69]
              10/23/2017 4:07:45 PM [2] [SetIOMulti: CC.Ref=[377] CC.ControlValue=[69]]
              10/23/2017 4:07:39 PM [2] [Unit_Dim: unitId=13 dimVal=55]
              10/23/2017 4:07:39 PM [2] [SetIOMulti: CC.Ref=[377] CC.ControlValue=[55]]
              10/23/2017 4:07:32 PM [2] [Unit_On: unitId=13 ]
              10/23/2017 4:07:32 PM [2] [SetIOMulti: CC.Ref=[377] CC.ControlValue=[100]]
              10/23/2017 4:02:42 PM [1] [Synchronizing OMNI devices with HomeSeer...]
              10/23/2017 4:02:42 PM [1] [Requesting initial system troubles]
              10/23/2017 4:02:36 PM [2] [---RequestOutputStatus. colOutputs=8]
              10/23/2017 4:02:36 PM [1] [Requesting Output status...]

Comment

Originally posted by PatMac View Post
                Ok, we're getting somewhere now. I just e-mailed rob a non blank Omni.log file. Here is the log I got when I tried to dim a unit a few times after successfully turning it on.

10/23/2017 4:07:52 PM [2] [Unit_Dim: unitId=13 dimVal=20]
                10/23/2017 4:07:52 PM [2] [SetIOMulti: CC.Ref=[377] CC.ControlValue=[20]]
                10/23/2017 4:07:45 PM [2] [Unit_Dim: unitId=13 dimVal=69]
                10/23/2017 4:07:45 PM [2] [SetIOMulti: CC.Ref=[377] CC.ControlValue=[69]]
                10/23/2017 4:07:39 PM [2] [Unit_Dim: unitId=13 dimVal=55]
                10/23/2017 4:07:39 PM [2] [SetIOMulti: CC.Ref=[377] CC.ControlValue=[55]]
                10/23/2017 4:07:32 PM [2] [Unit_On: unitId=13 ]
                10/23/2017 4:07:32 PM [2] [SetIOMulti: CC.Ref=[377] CC.ControlValue=[100]]
                10/23/2017 4:02:42 PM [1] [Synchronizing OMNI devices with HomeSeer...]
                10/23/2017 4:02:42 PM [1] [Requesting initial system troubles]
                10/23/2017 4:02:36 PM [2] [---RequestOutputStatus. colOutputs=8]
                10/23/2017 4:02:36 PM [1] [Requesting Output status...]
                much better! let me take a look and get back to you...

Comment

@PatMac
                  You found a bug! I need to get a fix in for dimming X10 devices. I should have it in the next version. No ETA at this time.

Comment

Any updates? Does the following matter? All the x-10 units that I have that are dimmable dim in all other applications.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Another's screenshot of configuration
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by PatMac View Post
                        Any updates? Does the following matter? All the x-10 units that I have that are dimmable dim in all other applications.
                        Yep - see above - you found a bug and I will have it in the next release.

Comment

Thank you! Love the app!

Comment

Hi RMasonJr - any ETA yet for a new release with a fix for this X10 dimming issue?

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Jfree23 View Post
                              Hi RMasonJr - any ETA yet for a new release with a fix for this X10 dimming issue?

Thanks!
                              Will be next week. I'm finalizing some lock support now.

Comment

Hi Rob, any news on the next release date? I know you ran into issues with the locking code. Waiting patiently for the fix for dimming Omni lights (Dimmable is grayed out and not selected now), and maybe something on the issue of reporting status of Omni core devices like AC Power - on my setup the last update date for those is 3 months ago so HS3 never detects when their Omni state changes, so can't trigger events.

Thanks,
                                John

Comment

Working...
                                X