www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > HomeSeer Products & Services > HomeSeer Software > HomeSeer and Google Home

HomeSeer and Google Home Discussions related to using HomeSeer with the Google Home device

Old November 11th, 2017, 11:14 AM
Seer

Google not sensing all my devices

I have goolge attach to homeseer fine but it only detects 6 of my devices leaving the majority not sensed.

Some of the devices missing are the same as others sensed and included

I have the latest software running on a zee s2

I have reset everything

I have tried multiple times to add the homeseer into google home but always just get the 6 devices

All the devices are accesible to voice control

I can get the devices to work on alexa.
Old November 11th, 2017, 11:40 AM
OverSeer

What kind of devices are not working? It seems that as Google is discovering devices that if it hits one it doesn't work with like a thermostat it quits. Uncheck the voice commands for everything that isn't a light and see if it discovers additional devices.
Old November 15th, 2017, 06:49 PM
Seer Plus

What's the procedure to check for new devices? I can't figure it out within the Home app. It only gives me the option of Unlinking the Homeseer account...

Edit for clarity: Will unlinking/relinking destroy all the organization I did placing my Homeseer devices in Google Home Rooms?

Last edited by Crashless; November 15th, 2017 at 07:22 PM.
Old November 16th, 2017, 02:00 AM
Seer Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashless View Post
What's the procedure to check for new devices? I can't figure it out within the Home app. It only gives me the option of Unlinking the Homeseer account...

Edit for clarity: Will unlinking/relinking destroy all the organization I did placing my Homeseer devices in Google Home Rooms?
Unfortunately, you need to unlink/relink Homeseer to discover or link new devices. See here.
Old November 16th, 2017, 01:01 PM
Seer Plus

Quote:
Originally Posted by claude View Post
Unfortunately, you need to unlink/relink Homeseer to discover or link new devices. See here.
Bummer. Just did it and had to re-assign rooms to all my devices, but it did work. So at least I have my new devices associated now. Hopefully Google will provide a more user-friendly mechanism for this soon.

Thanks for your help!